Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Masters in common law

Options
  • 20-11-2011 6:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Looking into doing this as a post grad. Wondering if anyone has done and how it worked out for them? Would appreciate any info

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Dancer656

Hi,
    I just saw your post now so I hope I'm not too late. I'm in my second year in the MCL course so if you still want information about the course please let me know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 xlami90

Hi thanks for the reply. I have already applied and received a provisional offer on the condition that I get my 2.1 so fingers crossed. I found out quite a lot at the open evening but not everything I was looking for.

Just wondering what sort of hours per week would it entail. Would it be possible to hold down a part time job for example? Also, is there much interaction between the other students doing the M.A? Would be great to get to know others which is quite difficult to do in a Arts degree?

Also, how are you finding it yourself? Hard work id imagine?

xlami90 wrote: »
    Hi thanks for the reply. I have already applied and received a provisional offer on the condition that I get my 2.1 so fingers crossed. I found out quite a lot at the open evening but not everything I was looking for.

Just wondering what sort of hours per week would it entail. Would it be possible to hold down a part time job for example? Also, is there much interaction between the other students doing the M.A? Would be great to get to know others which is quite difficult to do in a Arts degree?

Also, how are you finding it yourself? Hard work id imagine?

So in first year, there are six modules. Lectures will add up to 12 hours per week. Once seminars start, that will probably be around an extra 6 hours per week.

Alot of my classmates have held down a part time job but I do know that one had to cut down her hours as it interfered with assignments, etc.

There is a fair bit of interaction as you will have seminars together and you may be put into teams to moot. So as a group you get to know each other very well.

I'm not going to lie, it's a very tough course and the workload is heavy. I'm just incredibly glad that I don't have to do another year of this course.

If you need any more information let me know or pm me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 xlami90

Thanks a lot man, really appreciate it. Good luck with the exams

No problem. Don't hesitate to contact me about anything, even when you start the course. It is really handy to have a support system or even someone to tell you what the seminars are like.

• Advertisement
Advertisement