Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forum Census: Female or Male Vegetarian/Vegans

Options
  • 20-11-2011 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭

So the sister in law has stated that I'm the only male vegetarian she knows (I know - what a sheltered existence:-). So that got me thinking of doing this here mini census: what percentage of the vegetarian boardsies are female or male. A second question would be is your OH also vegetarian, but you'll just have to answer that in a reply. No other reason for this survey other than general interest

Are you? 18 votes

Female
    0% 0 votes
    Male
    100% 18 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Female, but you can tell your sister that I was converted by my now husband. He's been vegetarian for near enough 20 years now. :)

Also, growing up, two of my uncles were vegetarian. The whole "vegetarianism is for chicks" seems rather Irish to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

male, but my wife and son (18) are also vegetarian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

Male; wife and daughter are veggie, bun in the oven will be veggie too.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭loueuro2

female. OH not veggie ;(

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Male, veggie :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

33/male/Galway/hung like horse

****, sorry, wrong website :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

I'm a female and a veggie. My OH is a veggie too. Of my veggie friends, I'd say it's about 60/40 - female/male.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Be careful when drawing results from this to take into account the fact that the vast majority of boards.ie users are male. ;p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

Be careful when drawing results from this to take into account the fact that the vast majority of boards.ie users are male. ;p

That had occurred to me after I posted the initial post, it'll be interesting all the same to see the outcome.

Thanks to everyone who responded so far...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

male veggie. /high five

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

I've only ever known about 2-3 male vegetarians, and so many more female vegetarians!

22/F/Vegan, OH most definitely not.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,303 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I'm not a veggie, but as its on topic, I know far more female veggies than male.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Mr. Muddle

I'm female and veggie, my husband is not and our daughters were both veggie but eldest (12) started eating meat about a year ago.

In my extended family there are 11 vegetarians 10 female 1 male.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Most of my childhood friends are male and vegetarian. Biased as I am male and was in an all male secondary! Most became veggie sooner or later.

Advertisement