Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stering wheels

• 20-11-2011 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a good steering wheel at an affordable price?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭DOHC2000E

Logitech Driving Force GT is good, works with PS3 and PC, two pedals and a sequential shifter as well as paddles. €115 from Argos but may be cheaper elsewhere.

Logitech G25 is an excellent wheel, clutch pedal and sequential or H pattern shift as well as paddles and there should be plenty of cheap second hand ones out there as it's been replaced by the G27. I haven't tried the G27 myself but it looks the nuts.

Plenty of others out there but those are the only two I've tried, are you on PC PS3 or Xbox?

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭matty55

Thanks! Im on the PC. rfactor

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭DOHC2000E

http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-SideWinder-Precision-Racing-Wheel/dp/B00002JXBC

Had one of the a few years back, used it for NFS Underground 1&2, Crammonds GP4 and some other I can't remember. Paddles were quite small from what I remember but had no other complaints.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 OKeeffer

Like poster said, G25 is what you want....it's incredible.

Has been replaced too, so will be cheap enough.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Not sure if they still make the G25,i use one and its excellent, G27 or any of the Fanatec gear are excellent also.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭bridgemond

Trying to get a good wheel for lfs myself at the moment. Dfgt is 115 at argos alright. Would love a g27 but they are mega bucks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,066 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

I've got Logitech Wingman formula force GP.
    And old steering wheel which I got nearly 8 years ago, but it still works perfectly.
    Pretty basic, 2 pedals, and gear paddles by the wheel, but I'm using it almost entirely for playing Richard Burns Rally and for that game this wheel is perfect.
    Also I went through good bit of abuse when I used to play RBR all night long with my friends on weekend, and it still works perfectly - so logitech quality is good IMO.

I tried using G25 for RBR but unfortunately it wasn't so great for this particular game.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭c0rn3y

I just wrote a quick small wheel/pedal guide. Take a look for more info.

LINK

Advertisement