Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tyres

Options
  • 20-11-2011 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭

Hi I am looking to buy four new (or nearly new!) Tyres for a Ford Focus 205/55/R16. I am just wondering if anyone can recommend the best place to go? Really need them as good as quality and as cheap as possible! Anyone have any suggestions for the best place? Deal anyone has come across? Many Many thanks to anyone who can help :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

What part of the county are you in? The place i use is good, its behind the old cinema in newbridge.Its cheep but good and the guy who owns it is a nice man.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Moon Indigo

Thanks for answering! I'm near enough to newbridge. I have gotten used tyres in there before and I found them to be okay but that was only recent enough and I have to go again! I will check them out though. Thanks again

A friend uses the place beside brennan's garage. He says thier ok and good for price.I've also seen an add in the kildare post for a place in toughers industrial estate. I've never used them myself.

where's brennans garage? I am no good for directions

Heading out of newbridge towards the racecourse its the maxol garage on your left hand side.

• Advertisement

thanks I will check that today :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Will_H

I can recommend Brian Gorry Tyres in Rathangan. It all depends which side of Newbridge you are! Heffernan Tyres in Kildare Town are good too, but not the cheapest IMO.

Never heard of him but its worth a try thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Pronter

Yup agree with a post above, The place beside maxol garage heading towards the racecourse, got part worn tire, great condition for €30, also got tyres from the guy at toughers, reasonable enough, but the tougher place sold me tyres for €45 each and then i got a puncture a month later, went back and asked how much for a tyre, he said €65 for the same tyre, i told him i paid €45 bout month ago and he said ya didnt buy them here !!! so prob maxol place.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭elaverty

MS Tyres in Kildare town will look after you,,,,there out the old Monasterevin Rd,,,in beside Kildare Builder Providers,,,,,and they often have good 2nd hand,,

• Advertisement
Advertisement