Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

50% off Mens Clothing @ Jacamo.ie

• 20-11-2011 7:26pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭

181948.png

Jacamo is marketed towards the Big & Tall, however they appear to have normal sizes too, with jeans starting at a 32'' waist and tops starting at a 38'' chest size.

They are a subsidiary of Oxendales so when you initially sign up it takes about 24 hours for your account to be approved as they'll provide a credit account with a limit of around 100-200 euro, but naturally you don't have to use any credit, you can just use a credit card as normal.

I've personally ordered approx €400 worth of clothes off these guys in the last few weeks but only paid half of that because of this offer, the quality of the goods have so far been better than any other online retailer that I've tried, I've also returned a couple of items without a problem.

Offer ends 5th Jan 2012, happy days! :D

http://www.jacamo.ie/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭m4rkiz

Offer ends 5th Jan 2012, happy days! :D

http://www.jacamo.ie/

i wanted to buy few pair of pants, but during the checkout i need to answer how many kids i have, if im employed and how long i live in my house? WTF? i don't need credit from them but can't skip that step...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Make it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭m4rkiz

nah, voting with my wallet

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

m4rkiz wrote: »
    i wanted to buy few pair of pants, but during the checkout i need to answer how many kids i have, if im employed and how long i live in my house? WTF? i don't need credit from them but can't skip that step...

You have to answer those kind of questions any time you're applying for credit, the answer to those questions will probably influence how much credit they give. I don't really see the problem with it myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭south

but he doesn't want any credit so shouldn't need to tell them his business.

• Advertisement

south wrote: »
    but he doesn't want any credit so shouldn't need to tell them his business.

And he's not. So everyone's happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,948 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

So ya can't just buy stuff from these? It has to be on credit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 maryh1

can I buy clothes from here and pay with laser without getting credit?

scudzilla wrote: »
    So ya can't just buy stuff from these? It has to be on credit?

No, once the account is approved you can just use a credit/laser card as normal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,948 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

No, once the account is approved you can just use a credit card as normal.

Now i'm not gonna buy anything from these guys, but if i was, why couldn't i just phone 'em up, tell them i want Shirt 'X' and Pants 'Y' at a cost of 50Euro, pay with my laser or CC and not have any more dealings with them.

Seems like this is just a way to get you to have an account

• Advertisement

scudzilla wrote: »
    Now i'm not gonna buy anything from these guys, but if i was, why couldn't i just phone 'em up, tell them i want Shirt 'X' and Pants 'Y' at a cost of 50Euro, pay with my laser or CC and not have any more dealings with them.

Seems like this is just a way to get you to have an account

I dunno, you can try it, maybe you can order by phone for all I know.

There's no big conspiracy here, no one is forcing anyone to use a credit account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

So I made a basket - it says you can only apply the coupon when you go to checkout. To checkout you MUST apply for an account - then when you apply for an account it does not take you to the checkout - it says you must wait for account approval.

THEN, when you do get account approval - they automatically place whatever you had in your basket as an order WITHOUT applying the 50% discount code?

I would assume this is not an intential ripoff - but what a ridiculous way to do business.

My emails cancelling the order have gone unanswered in 24 hours, and my phone call to them resulted in being told that they cannot cancel the order but that they can accept returns and they are forwarding me a freepost sticker.

I'm now a bit nervous that my whole engagment with them is going to cost me money without getting any products - or potentially having my credit rating affected if I have a dispute with them.

Quite possibly the most ridiculous online purchasing experience I have ever had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭donalh087

Just ring them. You don't need an account. They are very sales focused. They are the same company as Oxendales though and Oxendales have a better range.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭gavney1

bottom line is that they don't appear to be great value to begin with

Caterpillar jeans for €85??? Since when did Caterpillar become the new Diesel?

Pair of Gola Runners for €83.99 - http://www.jacamo.ie/shop/product/details/show.action?pdLpUid=AS763&pdBoUid=4656&lpgUid=#colour:,size:

I bought these EXACT same runners in Guineys 2 weeks ago for €27.99...

Scanning lots of other products, seems to be stuff you'd get on mandmdirect for half the price anyway

I've just confirmed that this whole thing is a complete and utter load of BALLS

Check out each item on Jacamo.co.uk, and compare with Jacamo.ie

They don't have the 50% offer on jacamo.co.uk - and guess what? The products are LESS than half the price of the Irish site

E.g. compare the two identical products below

http://www.jacamo.ie/shop/search/window/show.action?searchString=Jacamo+Button+Y-Neck+T-Shirt&categoryLpgUid=47005&Search=Search

VS

http://www.jacamo.co.uk/shop/search/window/show.action?searchString=Jacamo+Button+Y-Neck+T-Shirt&categoryLpgUid=40005&Search=Search

As you can see, same item is costing £6 on the UK site, is costing €19.99 on the Irish site....

Clearly they think they can get away with doubling the price and then knocking 50% off.

I will never ever ever consider buying off them at any stage

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

gavney1 wrote: »

Its Times like this i love having a northern Family :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,311 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Another "Paddy tax". I'm sure they'll blame the exchange rate, but what exhange rate are they using?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Prices are mad to begin with :rolleyes:

the_syco wrote: »
    Another "Paddy tax". I'm sure they'll blame the exchange rate, but what exhange rate are they using?

The really annoying thing is that there's probably a few customers who've been duped into buying off them with this "deal"

• Advertisement

gavney1 wrote: »

I don't believe it. They've already changed the prices on their jacamo.co.uk site for the products of mentioned

They've just increased the price of the boxers from £13.75 to £25 on the UK site

And that t-shirt has been increased from £6 to £12.

Either they've seen this thread or other threads OR they were planning on doing the 50% off scam on the UK site all along also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Ian Whelan

Advertising Standards Authority complaint maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

Further to my initial post - the order that I "placed" (i didn't place any order - I applied for an "account" with them) which I tried to cancel within 24 hours once I realised what they were up to, to be told "it is already processed it can't be cancelled" has only just shipped today. So, 7 days of processing cannot be interrupted?

Biggest bunch of scam artists I ever came across.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 584 ✭✭✭et101

Looking for a jacket for one of my sons so had a look here and I'd have to say think the prices are pretty steep!! Or maybe I'm just tight!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

joe duffy sort this :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Laughable website. Anyone that buys from them is an idiot.

Advertisement