Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting - Rathmines/Rathgar

Options
  • 20-11-2011 7:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭

I have been looking for quite a while for a one bed place (big enough for a couple) in this region on a budget of around €900-€1000.

The best I have been able to find are places with mismatched 1970s furniture, bedrooms the size of matchboxes, the usual.

Is there a lack of decent one beds in this area, or something? Is my budget range too low?

I have been looking on Daft and MyHome. Am I looking in the wrong places?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

I have been looking for quite a while for a one bed place (big enough for a couple) in this region on a budget of around €900-€1000.

The best I have been able to find are places with mismatched 1970s furniture, bedrooms the size of matchboxes, the usual.

Is there a lack of decent one beds in this area, or something? Is my budget range too low?

I have been looking on Daft and MyHome. Am I looking in the wrong places?

Welcome to the joys of renting in D6, your price range is not too low its just there are way to many **** holes run by ****heads for landlords who dont give a crap and just want money money money

for many years D6 especially rathmines has been flat land renting to students who dont have a lot of money most of the properties are in old houses which they convert into flats and they then call them apartments haha

you will not get a house in the D6 area for that price please feel free to go na na nanana to me if you do :) and if you want an actual apartment you know the ones in actual apartment complexes well they are few and far between

the rathmines town centre is the best one the new one where is swimming pool is , is way over priced dont know what they where thinking with that one and the one up at the garage at rathgar road isnt the best neither is the one around by st louis secondary school

if you go into lowes the letting agent at the front of the town centre then they might be able to help you

they widen your search to D6W or even harolds cross and ranelagh but again not a lot of nice apartment complexes but that due to the lack of space to but such things in this densely populated area

best of luck with the search though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭Duke Leonal Felmet

Almost a month later and I'm still looking. I have even widened my search to pretty much all of South East Dublin and along the south DART.

Nothing out there.

Advertisement