Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mac goodies

• 20-11-2011 7:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭

Hey all, the oh is buying me some bits in mac tomorrow, translucent powder is on the list but i don't know what else to get. I'm getting makeup done there next week so will wait til then to get foundation as i prefer getting that myself, but do they have any nice limited edition stuff out at the mo? I'm very much a nude lip, fresh face and dramatic eyes sorta girl, very dark brown hair blue eyes and fair! I was going to get strobe cream as well but i'd b more excited opening a few little bits lippie eye palettes etc so if anybody has any recommendations!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

MAC have a new limited edition collection out called Glitter & Ice. There are some beautiful eyeshadows and coloured eyeliners in it but they may be a bit soft if you prefer something more dramatic. There are a couple of nude lipsticks and glosses in the collection that you might like. There's also a beauty powder called Snow Globe which I think would be perfect for achieving a fresh faced glow.

When you say dramatic eye, do you mean blacks/browns or bright colours?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭C-J

Thanks a mill they sound lovely must look them up online, dramatic eye usually dark smoky with lashes and well defined brows cos i'm so dark! I'm eyeing up the brow pen/pencil at the mo! I'm always asking for advice here, I love my makeup but also love new products and experimenting :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭Loopie

Hey there,

I got a mineralizing powder in there a couple of weeks ago, and the amount of comments I've got on my make up is unbelievable. I use normal revlon makeup and put this over it, it looks great! They have a few different shades in it and I just love it. I've even put it on without foundation, and makes my skin look nice!

Enjoy the shopping!!

Loopie wrote: »
    Hey there,

I got a mineralizing powder in there a couple of weeks ago, and the amount of comments I've got on my make up is unbelievable. I use normal revlon makeup and put this over it, it looks great! They have a few different shades in it and I just love it. I've even put it on without foundation, and makes my skin look nice!

Enjoy the shopping!!

oh don't say that, i was torn between the mineralize skin finish powder and the prep and prime translucent powder, i thought i'd make up my mind to get the translucent but now you've put a spanner in the works! :p does anyone have advice as to which is better one to apply after primer and foundation mainly for night, i usually just wear tinted moisturiser during the day at work so love to transform at night!

Haha, sorry about that C-J! I can't answer re the primer as I've never used it, but obv the peeps in MAC will be able to tell you which to go for. Hope you're happy with what you go for! Nice OH by the way! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

C-J wrote: »
    Thanks a mill they sound lovely must look them up online, dramatic eye usually dark smoky with lashes and well defined brows cos i'm so dark! I'm eyeing up the brow pen/pencil at the mo! I'm always asking for advice here, I love my makeup but also love new products and experimenting :)

If you like dark smokey like black/grey, you might like MAC Knight Divine eyeshadow. It's a black/grey veluxe pearl with a hint of silver shimmer. I love it for a dramatic dark look or even just for lining eyes. I pair it with Idol Eyes, a light grey/purple with a bit more shimmer in it for a brighter look. Idol Eyes is nice on it's own too.

Hey C-J, what did you end up getting in MAC?

Hi loopie, sorry i forgot to post back here i posted in latest purchases! I got the prep & prime transparent pressed powder, the kohl eye pencil in feline and the eyebrows pen in stud. The powder is fab, you only need a tiny bit to set your makeup and it gives a real flawless look. The eye pencil seems to smudge on me but all mac pencils do in my opinion, they seem to be a very moist consistency. The eyebrows pen is amazing too! Gives a real defined shape and is so easy to use, and is natural. I've only experimented with them but am heading out on the tiles friday night so i'm looking forward to see how they'l look as replacements for my usual trustworthy going out makeup :)

Ah I'm just being nosey C-J, addicted to make up! Sounds like you got some nice stuff. :)

Haha don't worry i'm the same, i love any makeup reviews, my purse would be a lot heavier without this forum! I'm currently on the hunt for a good moisturiser so i'll be spending a lot more time here!

• Advertisement
Advertisement