Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone interested morning martial art class in Galway?

• 20-11-2011 8:11pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12

Hi everyone. I'm curious how many people are in the same situation as I am.
    I'd like to do a martial art but I couldn't find any school or club that would have classes on Mon - Thur morning because I work evenings.
    I'm wondering if I found a group of people, there might be found a club or school that would organize some classes?
    Maybe here on the boards is a trainer or anyone who has any idea how to do that?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Most instructors have day jobs. Would Saturday morning be viable for you. Thats the only morning I ever see clubs run sessions. By the way I'm not Galway so no interest just giving a bit of advice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

I have a mate who rolls around 6/7AM in Galway before College. I think it's on a Tuesday. I think it's in PBS but could be wrong about that!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭cstlgr

We run classes weekday mornings, Thai Boxing also Kettlebell classes
    generally for fighters at the moment but would be into running beginner classes also if demand there in mornings.
    Don
    Castlegar Thai Boxing Club
    www.muaythaigalway.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

SDTimeout wrote: »
    I have a mate who rolls around 6/7AM in Galway before College. I think it's on a Tuesday. I think it's in PBS but could be wrong about that!
    That's actually a Strange Wolves session down down in Creaven House.

OP, if you are interested in that send me a PM and I'll send you the contact details of the person who runs that session.

We're out running any morning out in Point at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Krillin77

I'm interested! I'm free Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday and possibly early on Thursday mornings. I do Japanese Ju Jutsu in Creaven house in the Claddagh on Thursday from 11.30 - 12.30. Google Galway Japanese Ju jutsu from more info. on that one. I'm just doing it as I'm very open minded and try to take something from everything, even if I just get to work on breakfalls, that's somethings. Plus the time slot suits and I live literally 5 minutes from the Claddagh dojo.

I'm definitely interested in the early morning strange wolves class, but I'm pretty green when it comes to MMA and groundwork. Anyone any idea would it be suitable? (For what little it's worth, I have a nidan in shotokan and also do Kyokushin)

Last week I saw a poster in the Galway shopping centre for "Laochra Muay Thai" and it said they have morning sessions (10 -12 I think), but I haven't had time to do any research on that yet.

I'm up for anything that will help me as a MAist, from pilates, kettlebells, strength work etc. to pretty much any martial art. I'll learn what ever I can from anything and just want to train, learn and improve. Delighted to hear from anyone in a similar situation.

Thanks guys!// OSU! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭black dragon

Black Dragon Kickboxing/K-1/Boxing club will be starting morning class's for shift workers, nurses, Gardai etc in the new year on Wednesdays from 11am to 1pm.
    We already have ladies class's every Tuesday & Thursday from 10.15am to 11.15am and of course I have private clients & secondary schools several times a week also.
    I'll post more info here closer to the time and also on the website www.blackdragon.ie and on Facebook.

Advertisement