Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House on fire

Options
  • 20-11-2011 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭

Apparently the old farm house is on fire. From here in CP, it looks a lot closer. Very big flames, etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 dubjackeen

It looks like the old Charlesland House at the Jackie Skelly roundabout is on fire.

Two fire engines went up to it a short while ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭audreyp

dubjackeen wrote: »
    It looks like the old Charlesland House at the Jackie Skelly roundabout is on fire.

Two fire engines went up to it a short while ago.

Just drove past it, looks really bad. Lot of fire engines.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,933 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

not the first fire there, though I think the previous one was in the outbuildings.

Shame - it was a nice house (sort of French-style architecture I thought...), but derelict buildings nearly always end up burning down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Welsh Wizard

loyatemu wrote: »
    not the first fire there, though I think the previous one was in the outbuildings.

Shame - it was a nice house (sort of French-style architecture I thought...), but derelict buildings nearly always end up burning down.

Probably the same savoury characters that smashed the glass on the new bus shelter..

I'd love to get my hands on them....!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Looked very bad from my view point.

Is that a listed building?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

Must be malicious, luckily the rain should be of some help.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

6371392609_6c9c57d9db.jpg
    Fire at old farmhouse in Charlesland Pic 3 of 3 by Astro's Pix, on Flickr

Spray of ash cloud as part of the roof fell in^^^^

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Thanks astro.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 William of Ockham

• Advertisement

Looks like the second floor has collapsed in on its self from these pictures.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

Here's the house a couple of years ago

2477093044_efced8a194_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Sparks115

Very sad that some nitwits decided this would be a fun thing to do. My husbands mum use to go to dinner dances in the house and it was a great memory for him to pass by or view from our house and now due to brainless idiots they have burned down a listed building and tarnished a lovely memory for my husband. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

I would have always loved to have bought and refurbished it. Super house. Such a shame

I see that the remains have been pulled down now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

Damo9090 wrote: »
    I see that the remains have been pulled down now.

Yeah if this were 4 years ago it might be speculated on that the developer set the fire to the house to fit within their plan for the estate extension.....clearly thats not the case these days!

Yeah if this were 4 years ago it might be speculated on that the developer set the fire to the house to fit within their plan for the estate extension.....clearly thats not the case these days!

That did enter my mind i have to say but there will be no Charlesland expansion in the foreseeable future.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

is it not a listed building and has to be rebuilt???

bam bam insurance scam.....

Advertisement