Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Low UPC broadband speeds in The Crescent

Options
  • 20-11-2011 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi,

Is anyone else experiencing low UPC broadband speeds in Charlesland Crescent? I have 25mbit UPC broadband. I got it in August this year and generally at peak times it can be as low as 1 or 2 mbits when measured using the UPC speedtest.

They have come out to look at it but it has made no difference. At off-peak times the speed is fine. However, between 6pm and 10pm it can be anything from 1 - 25mbit download. Usually at the lower end of the scale.

Is anyone else seeing this? Right now, it's 5Mbs down and 1.9 Mbs up.

Thanks,
    Michael.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

I have reported this a few times and the answer i get is "there is no congestion in your area."

I have had engineers call out and swap modems for no apparent reason and the issue as the OP expressed is still the same.

Someone or a few are running riot on torrents and ruining it for others.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

I've spotted it flowing at about 8-10Mb a few times but never usually any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭gramo

I live in the park and my speeds are gone to about 2meg.. The engineer just left and said it seems fine. He said they are upgrading the line and it will be ready in December.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭DK32

UPC are sending an engineer out to look at mine this Friday, I'm getting some seriously strange readings from the speed test on their website and speedtest.net
    Some days I get as low as 4 or 5mb and other days I get just under 40mb. I'm on a 30mb package with UPC.

50mb and 100mb speeds are supposed to be available early in the new year. I'd hazard a guess that the upgrade works could explain some of the random speed issues given that up until a few weeks ago I was getting consistently good connection speeds of just under 30mb.

I'd be happy to stay on the 30mb connection if they would ever stop messing around with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Oh, I hope that is true. They have never been able to give me a date as to when they would roll out 100MB. In fact, the last person that I talked to was amazed that we didn't have HD yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭gramo

I contacted Upc and apparently the cables are capable of handling the 100Meg but its some sort of server issue..

I'll be switching straight to the 100 when its available

Advertisement