Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gift Grub Live 2 not coming to Waterford

• 20-11-2011 8:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭

Anyone else hear about gift grub live 2 not coming back to Waterford for their new shows? We dont have a venue large enough for them apparentley .... I know the last time it was in the Forum but why would they not consider the Theatre Royal?? Big shame we are being forgotten tbh! :(:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Anyone else hear about gift grub live 2 not coming back to Waterford for their new shows? We dont have a venue large enough for them apparentley .... I know the last time it was in the Forum but why would they not consider the Theatre Royal?? Big shame we are being forgotten tbh! :(:(

Mossy Hennebry won't be happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Don't have a venue large enough? Sounds like bull to me, although I can't think of a genuine reason as to why else they wouldn't. Costs maybe?

I wonder what sort of cost would be involved for Forum or Theatre Royal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

it wouldnt be worth it for them to go do it in the theatre royal as the forum holds more it is a bit mad though that it isnt coming to waterford

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Don't have a venue large enough? Sounds like bull to me, although I can't think of a genuine reason as to why else they wouldn't. Costs maybe?

I was told this by a few bands, they wont go to Waterford because we don't have a suitable venue apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I can't see anything wrong with the forum myself. If it's good enough for some of the acts they have had up there then I can't see how it is below the standards of the Gift Grub tour.

Having said that, I'd really love to see us use some o the space that is floating all over the city. The likes of the INEC in Killarney bring in some impressive enough acts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

most promoters dont bring acts to waterford coz there is no one to pay for them and waterford people are generally abysmal at supporting live music, even if waterford had a bigger venue it wouldnt last long as people here wouldnt support it unless it was pulling in big acts every week which in itself isnt sustainable with the population the size of waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

Sully wrote: »

I was told this by a few bands, they wont go to Waterford because we don't have a suitable venue apparently.

Madness tbf but we really do need a bigger venue though in Waterford. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭reni10

jo06555 wrote: »
    Madness tbf but we really do need a bigger venue though in Waterford. :(

Remember "South" in Tramore?

Levelled to the ground now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Who cares, it is gone to the dogs anyway.

Go to Keith Barry in January instead, he is brill and in the Forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Faq

WATERFORD The Forum - Friday 18th May 2012

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21 4MWD

Delighted to confirm Gift Grub 2 will be in Forum Waterford in May. Tickets go on sale this Friday.

Advertisement