Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Car Hire Excess

• 20-11-2011 9:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 191 ✭✭

Hi,
    I rent a number of cars a year in Spain, Uk & Ireland. I was thinking about buying annual car hire excess insurance and was wondering if anybody has had any dealings with insuranceforcarhire.com or carhireexcess.com

Or if anybody could recommend a company to use that would be great.

If this is not in the correct place please feel free to move it!

Thanks for your help

E

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

My mother rents a fair bit abroad as well and used one of those places (I'll ask her which one if I remember).

She came back to the car in a car park once and found someone had smashed into it, did a fair amount of damage. We were rolling our eyes expecting there to be a fight with the excess crowd, but she rang them when she got home, sent them the details they requested, and they paid up promptly. IIRC she had paid the rental company initially, then was refunded by the insurance crowd, so you still need enough on your credit card to cover the excess initially.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 191 ✭✭edeldonlon

I am confident driving in these countries. I grew up in Spain and Ireland and learned to drive in Spain. It is not my driving I am worried about but some of the nutters who drive on the roads near my parents house in Spain.

I usually rent from Entreprise in the Uk, Budget in Ireland and who ever is cheaper in Spain.

So far I always refuse to take the excess insurance and let them block an amount on my credit card. I will look into journeysaver.com for my next car! Thanks for the advice.

Thoie - If you find out which one your mum uses give me a shout!

Thanks

Advertisement