Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Asian restaurant at Ashtown Railway station

Options
  • 20-11-2011 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭

Well, it's all happening around this area this week. I just saw today that there is a new Asian restaurant just beside Douglas and Kaldis, at Ashtown railway station, Dublin 7.

It's called Geisha and the website is www.geisha.ie
    They are open for lunch Thur- Sun and dinner in the evenings.

I'm going to have to force someone to come with me to try it.

The new bar downstairs, Canal, looks very nice also.

Has anyone been in the restaurant yet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Looks interesting. Website is a bit of a let down with no menu though. Anyone give us a review and price range. Could be a nice place to spend an evening with the bar downstairs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

I drive a Taxi and have dropped off and picked up from there a couple of times in the last couple of weeks and everyone said its very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

Been in it a few times. It's actually open ages now. I was in it the day or day after it opened, round Valentine's.

Anyway the bar, not sure if that's open even now, it wasn't for a long time and friend even there not so long ago said it's not open yet.

Foodwise, bit different, you have your chinese option but a lot of non curry dishes on menu. Not a huge menu but you won't be disappointed first time anyway that's for sure. Slunk the snazzy photo you saw that time was in there, decor is pretty nice, staff are friendly. Mixture between Asians and eastern Euros. Polite on arrival and departure. Maybe one of the reasons I've been back a few times.

Price wise, not too cheap and not too expensive, somewhere in the middle. €80 meal for two with wine and desert.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

The bar is open a few weeks, I havent been in for drinks but had a quick look inside as I was passing. Looks quite nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

hollypink wrote: »
    The bar is open a few weeks, I havent been in for drinks but had a quick look inside as I was passing. Looks quite nice.

Are they actually serving now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

You spot any vegetarian options Jay?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

Jay D wrote: »
    Are they actually serving now?

Yes they are serving alright, not sure about bar food but definitely drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Travel is good

The bar is definitely open, people I know were in here on Friday night. Regarding the restaurant, I cannot believe that it was open since February and I didn't know until now that it was open. I can't see any menus on the website. However I will try my best to visit it soon.

The bar downstairs does look very nice, in keeping with the oriental theme. I guess I'm just glad to see an Asian-themed restaurant opening in the area, it makes a nice change.

I forgot to say, I asked the bar man, and there is no food on the bar, only upstairs in the restaurant. Douglas and Kaldis is just next door and they do food up til about 8pm I think.

Advertisement