Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tempest 9 - NewPort Cafe Bar, Paul St, Cork - 26/11/11

Options
  • 20-11-2011 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭

Sorry about the late announcement. I've been ever so busy and kept forgetting.

As is now the standard there will be a main SSF4 tournament and a side tournament. To celebrate Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3's launch, it will be this month's side event.

SSFIV details:

Entry is €15 to the Street Fighter 4 tournament. If you've never been to a Tempest before you get €5 off your entry.
    If you've already been to one you can bring a new player with you and get €5 off both your entries!
    Casuals and registration start from 11.00. The tournament itself will start at 13.00.

UMvC3 Details:

The side tournament will cost €5 to enter and prizes will be given to the top two placers.
    Registration will be taken towards the end of the SSFIV tournament - somewhere around 15.30 - 16.00.

Both tournaments will be run exclusively on Xbox 360s.

There'll be a couple of extra pads on hand for those without, but please bring your own controller of choice if possible.

Anyone who can bring equipment (Games, consoles, monitors, etc) please do so!

If anyone needs to contact me and wants my mobile number, PM me.

Finally, SSF4 is seeded based on previous events. The seed list is currently:

seedpostt8.png

Congrats to Shokashi for finally clawing his way to the top!

Here's a quick map of the venue in relation to the bus and train stations.

SFCorkMap.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Rules are as follows:

SSFIV:

Prize pot will be split 60/30/10 among the top 3 finishers.

The tournament format is a group stage followed by a double elimination brackets stage.

Each match will be best of 3 games and each game is best of 3 rounds. The third game of a match will only be played in the event of a tie after the second game. If one player wins the first 2 games the third game is not played.

Time is set to 99 seconds.

UMvC3:

Prize pot will be split 70/30 among the top 2 finishers.

The tournament format is double elimination. (No groups)

Each match is best of 3 games. The third game of a match will only be played in the event of a tie after the second game. If one player wins the first 2 games the third game is not played.

Time is set to 99 seconds.

1. All characters are selectable.

2. Custom controllers and button configuration is allowed.

3. Turbo is banned. Anyone who is caught using this feature will be disqualified.

4. Players can change characters in each set. However once a set has started they may only change characters after losing a game. The winner of the first game must stick to the character they started the game with and may only change if he loses the second game, in which case the winner of the second game must then stick to the character he used in the second game.

5. Double Blind select available in the event of people being concerned about counter picking. An admin will assist with this if required.

6. Rock, paper, scissors is used in the event of people being unable to agree on which side they want to sit on.

7. In the event of a player pausing a game during a round or his stick/pad fails during a round, he forfeits the round unless both players agree to carry on. If there is a dispute an admin will resolve the dispute.

8. In the event of a game ending in a draw, the game will scrapped and not counted towards the results. It will then be replayed.

9. Players who are overly disruptive during a competition or who are distracting other players can be removed from the tournament at the discretion of the tournament admins.

10. No food can be eaten in the venue that was not bought on the premises.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Ye can all chip in to buy me breakfast to thank me for remembering :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 38 CavemanFurby

I meant to text around and ask was this on this month! I won't be able to make it sadly will be going home for the weekend! So no xbox from me, hope ye have a good one though!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭wtfbenson

I meant to text around and ask was this on this month! I won't be able to make it sadly will be going home for the weekend! So no xbox from me, hope ye have a good one though!

I have Jill and Shuma so I'll bring in my xbox to replace yours. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 38 CavemanFurby

Sounds like a safe replacement :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

Sairus wrote: »
    Rules are as follows:

Prize pot will be split 70/30 among the top 3 finishers.

Say WHUUUUUT?

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Blood-Martyr

Lythero wrote: »
    Say WHUUUUUT?

It's a typo ^.^ Normally the money is split with the top 2 for the side events.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

It's a typo ^.^ Normally the money is split with the top 2 for the side events.

Heh, I guessed as much

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

I have something going on in the early morning but I should hope to be there for 12, with more than likely my xbox in tow as per usual.

Lythero wrote: »
    Say WHUUUUUT?

Jaysus, someone actually read the full rules post.

Fixed it anyways :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

I'll be square! I can bring my xbox too if it's needed. Haven't played in a while, but I'm sure everyone will be extra hype for the upcoming new list of gouken buffs :D

I'll be honest, I am totally uninterested in the SF4 part of this tourney! UMvC3 all the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Sairus wrote: »
    I'll be honest, I am totally uninterested in the SF4 part of this tourney! UMvC3 all the way.

I can assure you that your not the only one, even though I'm going to be totally free at UMvC3 tomorrow! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Shokashi

had a nice time today, gg to every who played street fighter and not UMvsC :p

Shokashi wrote: »
    had a nice time today, gg to every who played street fighter and not UMvsC :p

Wouldn't that just be you and Gouke? :P

Good times though. It was nice to see new faces who will hopefully hop on boards or come to more tournies and rep umvc since it's so much more hype than SF :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Couldn't make it, family stuff came up.

Who won?

AE:
    Shokashi
    Gouke
    Sairus

MVC
    Me
    Drago
    Sairus

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭VizardAnto

wtfbenson wrote: »
    AE:
    Shokashi
    Gouke
    Sairus

MVC
    Me
    Drago
    Sairus

Nice to see you win in your game :D

What team were you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

Ggs!

VizardAnto wrote: »
    Nice to see you win in your game :D

What team were you using?

Thanks man! I've been going with Wesker(otg)/Iron Fist(dragon kick)/Hawkeye(horizontal arrows). Really liking the set up so far but I need to put in a lot more work with IF.

• Advertisement
Advertisement