Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E readers - Best Buys.

Options
  • 20-11-2011 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭

Hi

I'm thinking of buying some kind of e reader for my dad - doesnt need to be anything fancy but have an alright screen size and be around the 100 euro mark or less if possible. Doesn't need to hold thousands of books -20 to 30 is enough to be honest would be fine.

Im clueless about these e readers so any help would be gratefully received, as well as best place to buy - in real world or online?

Thanks

Jinky

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

There are probably cheaper options, but for ease of use and easy access to books, I don't think you can go too far wrong with the base model Kindle on amazon.com.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 FurryFace

I only know my Sony E-Reader and that's brilliant.
    It would do no harm to try ebay as these sony models
    are sometimes to be had for circa 60 sobs there and in perfecr condition.

I have a Sony one as well, and love it - but I think the direct access to the store from the Kindle might be a bonus. Depends on how computer literate the OP's dad is I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Am thinking of getting a Binatone 7in colour Screen e-book as a present for herself .What wondering whats the story with the books , do you download them ,buy cd's etc etc ????

You buy them from the likes of booksonboard.com, dieselebooks.com etc, and then use a program on your computer to transfer them over. Kindles allow you to directly access the book store using WiFi and/or 3G (depending on the model you buy) and download them directly to your eReader, so you don't need a computer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭jinkybhoy

I went and bought the kindle from tesco at 110 - a friend has a load of ebooks he doesn't need anymore so il transfer them over.

Thanks for advice

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭DonegalBonz

I was thinking of picking up an e-reader this christmas too, just a question if a mate has an e-reader and downloads a book to their pc, can I then load that onto my e-reader as well or is there data protection to prevent sharing?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Kindle + download Calibre.

/end of thread. :D

Advertisement