Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How sensitive is my passive infrared sensor ?

Options
  • 20-11-2011 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭

My house alarm went off at 8.30 this morning which is annoying as I only got into bed a 5am , the zone was my garage, looks like nothing has moved or fell over ect.
    Would a spider crawling on the sensor or a mouse on the floor set it off ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

2qk4u wrote: »
    My house alarm went off at 8.30 this morning which is annoying as I only got into bed a 5am , the zone was my garage, looks like nothing has moved or fell over ect.
    Would a spider crawling on the sensor or a mouse on the floor set it off ?

If it is in a garage then a dual tech should be installed. Less prone to false alarms.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

altor wrote: »
    If it is in a garage then a dual tech should be installed. Less prone to false alarms.

Whats a dual tech ?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Its a duel technology PiR . They are designed for enviornments like garages conservatorys etc.
    Has this been in a while & only now stating to cause trouble.
    Try cleaning around it & open to see if there are any spiders inside.
    If all is clean & it keeps giving trouble I'd recommend it be replaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

2qk4u wrote: »
    Whats a dual tech ?

Dual tech detectors use different technologies to make the less prone to false alarm activation's, They can be set up that you need both technologies to activate to trigger the alarm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Could be spiders, clean around the detector and make sure all cable entry holes are sealed.
    If it happens again replace with a dt

• Advertisement
Advertisement