Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pups for sale from laundry basket!!

• 20-11-2011 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

I was at a car boot sale today in Co Clare and was beyond shocked to see tiny pomeranium pups being sold from a laundry basket. There was about a dozen of them piled on top of each other in the plastic basket.
    I was livid and felt physically sick. Whats worse is I saw a couple of people leaving with pups under their arms who obviously bought them!

I feel really guilty for doing nothing apart from loudly saying what a disgrace it was, poor dogs etc. No use at all!!

Is this legal, I have a feeling as the puppy farming legislation hasn't yet been passed that there is nothing stopping this kind of activity???:mad::mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

• Registered Users Posts: 29 barking1503

Thanks so much for that info. So wish I had had this info before today. Wish lived in the area so could go back next week and confront these people but writing to the organisers will be a starting point and will do that!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Shazanne

Could I suggest that you write to the local newspaper in the area, maybe the Clare Champion, and state what you witnessed? That way you will be both highlighting the issue and alerting the local animal lovers/ISPCA etc about what is going on?
    I realise you may also be alerting the people who are selling these poor little puppies but someone from the area will probaly be able to identify who they were if they don't come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 barking1503

Shazanne wrote: »
    Could I suggest that you write to the local newspaper in the area, maybe the Clare Champion, and state what you witnessed? That way you will be both highlighting the issue and alerting the local animal lovers/ISPCA etc about what is going on?
    I realise you may also be alerting the people who are selling these poor little puppies but someone from the area will probaly be able to identify who they were if they don't come back.

Will do, great idea and will feel slightly less guilty about my inaction today. Thanks Shazanne.

Advertisement