Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Taxi's refusing to take someone in a wheelchair

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

280special wrote: »
    It was the case in the late 80's as well as untill at least the late 90's.

Not according to this it wasnt

Its possible that Private coaches may have been a different matter given that back in the day many of them were operating in something of a legal grey area anyways ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Wow wait a cotton picking minute.. Its YEARS since I've seen a que for taxi's, and esp @ Connelly station where the que of taxi's go right around to Noctors pub in Sheriff St.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Mike 1972 wrote: »

Its possible that Private coaches may have been a different matter given that back in the day many of them were operating in something of a legal grey area anyways ?

You'd be surprised, People coming off the belfast train, when the longford and Wexford trains all come in around the same time.

I'll admit, its rare.

you are perfectly entitled to get into any taxi on the rank. Most drivers will request you get into the first car at the top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 386 ✭✭280special

Mike 1972 wrote: »

Perhaps, but this also happened on Bus eireann, maybe they had/have different rules to those cited for Dublin Bus ?

As far as i recall private buses operated by way of the service being provided to you as a member of a club. Membership of the club was available on a daily, weekly or monthly basis I presume ! So perhaps thats the way they were legally able to refuse carraige if a fare wasnt paid. Having said that this was on an operation were the fare wasnt collected untill the coach had been travelling for approx 30mins.This operators who took the fare as passengers boarded wouldnt have had that problem so perhaps that is why it wasnt seen that often.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 386 ✭✭280special

Wow wait a cotton picking minute.. Its YEARS since I've seen a que for taxi's, and esp @ Connelly station where the que of taxi's go right around to Noctors pub in Sheriff St.

Try just after 9am or 12.15 ! I have had to stand about waiting several times.Usually its only for a few mins but once or twice I ended up walking to the rank on O'Connell St.

Advertisement