Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anywhere you can get starbucks coffee on campus anymore????

Options
  • 20-11-2011 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

I know kylemore is gone but has starbucks set up shop anywhere else?

BTW, what is the old kylemore restaurant now? (have been out on work placements since summer)

THX!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Starbucks are upstairs in Quinn now, where Insomnia used to be!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Starbucks are in the Conway Institute as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

The coffee in the Starbucks in Quinn is pure muck. Tastes nothing like regular Starbucks coffee (which I don't rate very high to begin with). I think the SU shops do a decent cup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

Why Starbucks? Why not more common brands like Robert Roberts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭vampire of kilmainham

i dont know what all the hype is about starbucks or their coffee theres nothing totally over the moon about it on the plus side i do like starbucks it's great for chilling out and slumping into the couches and just chat away read your book or bring your lap top and go on line

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

The coffee in the Starbucks in Quinn is pure muck. Tastes nothing like regular Starbucks coffee (which I don't rate very high to begin with). I think the SU shops do a decent cup.
    UCD SU Shop coffee is gone to pot this year, really bad. I normally hate starbucks but I like the starbucks coffee on campus for some reason. Maybe it's all in my mind!

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Jigglypuff

I don't drink tea or coffee (I know, weeeiiiird) so hot chocolate is my drink of choice come Winter-time. I miss insomnia hot chocolate so much! Starbucks hot choc tastes like brown water, it's so terrible!
    I'm in Quinn a lot so I keep thinking "ah sure, it's not that bad", then I buy it, take a sip, and remember, that it is in fact THAT bad. I'll go for the Galaxy hot choc in the arts cafe the odd time, but that's been more watery than usual recently as well :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

Starbucks hot chocolate is total muck. They put in a mocha chocolate syrum and then throw milk on it. Bring back insomnia! Chocolate flakes!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Costa Rica all the way baby!

And speaking of muck, Robert Roberts is available in The Restaurant, only good thing is that it isn't expensive. I'd rather pay more for a decent cup of coffee tbh.

And don't get me started on the Fair Trade coffee, yeah I know it's supposed to be good and aiding poverty and all, but even still, it doesn't mean it has to taste awful in the process.

Coffee- Serious Business

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

i dont know what all the hype is about starbucks or their coffee theres nothing totally over the moon about it

By the standard of what espresso can be, Starbucks is shite of the highest order. It's like buying a bottle of piss and antifreeze instead of wine, or a cut of bull's anus instead of a fillet steak. Except Starbucks (and their ilk) actually charge more for their lower-quality bitter swampwater.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Sinfonia wrote: »
    By the standard of what espresso can be, Starbucks is shite of the highest order. It's like buying a bottle of piss and antifreeze instead of wine, or a cut of bull's anus instead of a fillet steak. Except Starbucks (and their ilk) actually charge more for their lower-quality bitter swampwater.

Not a fan then? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

I go for SU coffee all the way.

Sure, it is tasteless piss, but it's only EUR1.25 and it's warm! :pac:

I had no idea all these places were around though! I have to start walking around random buildings and exploring UCD more!

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Bluefox21

Any ideas if Zumo Smoothies will be coming back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

There really are no places in UCD (that I've found) that serve good coffee. I either bring coffee from town (and hope the bus driver doesn't object) or go without.

It's not just that it tastes like muck, it's the price too! Only something like 50 cents cheaper than Fixx and a whole universe of difference. You'd swear with so many coffee shops around campus that someone would hit on the bright idea of serving good coffee. Even that new place, the Readers' Cafe, while actually having 'baristas', serve god awful muck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

It's not about the taste of coffee but the caffeine buzz!

Advertisement