Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another noisy neighbour thread

Options
  • 20-11-2011 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Hi
    I live in a building that is so quiet you could hear a pin drop except for the bloke in the flat above me. He stomps around like an elephant especially at night, he talks to his friends so loud they may as well be in my flat and his tv and music is loud. Generally he makes a lot of noise! I get a sinking feeling when I hear he is in :( I don't mind noise during the day but his is mostly at night and he seems oblivious to other people in the building. I've only been here about a month and don't know who to say it to. I am non-confrontational and don't want to knock on his door so was going to tell my landlord. What should I do? I'm contemplating moving AGAIN :rolleyes: Also, there were two flats going in the building at the one time so I'm wondering if he was the reason people left!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Hi Mary,

not trying to be unhelpful. Quite the opposite. Its just your thread is titled 'another.....'. Surely you have read those threads and noted the various steps for escalating your concerns? Perhaps it should be a sticky because I believe its one of the most repeating issues in this forum.

Anyway, I want to see if In can help you as I have similar noise issues. There are 2 things you can do.

1. Reactive. I would download this noise-reduction mp3 from www.boombuster.com. I did so last night and it saved me from planning an assault on my downstairs neighbour at a time and place unexpected (still might, I deserve a Christmas present to myself :D ).
    2. Go the PRTB and legal route. Plenty of advice on here on how to get PRTB involved to have your rights validated. As with you, I am paying good money to enjoy my life peaceably. Unlike you, I WILL get my right to peace either legally or illegally.

I wish you a peaceful Christmas and I hope you assert yourself properly to have your space respected. You do not need to be liked by your neighbour. You need to be accorded your civil rights. No one will grant you them except you Mary.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Hi Mary,

came across this device, as I suspect for many years that I've suffered from noise sensitivity (http://www.misophonia-uk.org/). ps that's not to say that you or I or many others do not have crazy and ignorant neighbours. Far from it.

http://www.amazon.com/Marpac-SleepMate-980A-Electro-Mechanical-Conditioner/product-reviews/B000KUHFGM/ref=pd_sim_sbs_hpc_cm_cr_acr_img_3?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

Advertisement