Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Jumpers/Presents/Everything merge

Options
  • 19-11-2011 8:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

Hi, I m looking for an electric single candle in Galway for the window.

Anyone know where I can purchase these?

Thanks, I tried google to no avail.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

If it's the traditional flickering single candle, Conboys opp McSwiggans usually have them and Cunniffe's in the Galway Shopping Cente

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭King Mallie

Hi all,

Does anyone where to would i get a motorised kids toy car for sale in galway ? I have tried symths but selection is poor.
    There are lots online but when Im paying €150 approx I would like to buy from a local supplier/ shop. Returning stuff bought on line can be very tricky.

So if anyone has bought one recently and can please recommend a shop if would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭aido76

Theres a new toy store open in Well park beside the Eye cinema. Not sure of the name but seen a flyer that said they have a large range of ride on toys. Worth a look at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭MissMoppet

Is there anywhere in the city centre that's selling really really cheesy X-mas jumpers??

Thanks. I will have a look to tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭moonlight06

MissMoppet wrote: »
    Is there anywhere in the city centre that's selling really really cheesy X-mas jumpers??
    I got one in penneys. Very cheesy one with a huge reindeer on it.

When I looked last year I found very litte available so I bought one online.
    Try thecostumeshop.ie or funkychristmasjumpers.com

Online try www.christmasjumperking.com

Penneys have regular cheesy christmas jumpers with pictures on the front but they also have loads of this style (with little reindeers etc in the pattern)

00040019-270.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Frenzy

I usually buy a secondhand jumper in focus Ireland on Capel street and then buy a few decorations in the 2 euro shop and sew them to it.
    I decided to go legit this year and get a real one.
    Got an email in work from http://www.bagit.ie and got 5% off the snowman one with XMASJUMPER5 and a euro goes to focus Ireland too, otherwise go for the Snoop Dogg look like I did last year

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/imagebuzz/web03/2010/12/10/7/snoop-dogg-in-a-christmas-sweater-19746-1291984106-8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Placebo Effect

Top of the marning..

Looking for a coffee pot maker for the hob in Galway...

Amazon have them but am loathe to pay a online UK retailer...

Anyone help would be appreciated..

link to one..

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kitchen-Craft-LeXpress-Espresso-Coffee/dp/B0001IX00I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1321956168&sr=8-1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭bigtuna

Anthony Ryan homewares shop has them and Tk Maxx usually have them upstairs.

bigtuna wrote: »
    Anthony Ryan homewares shop has them and Tk Maxx usually have them upstairs.

thanks big fish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 janekw

Loads available this year..I got these 2 from http://www.crappychristmasjumpers.ie/
    rockin-rudolf01.jpg
    silly-santa02.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Amazon have a Warehouse in Dublin...and you'll pay about 50 Euro for it in Anthony Ryan's , lovely stuff in there but crazy expensive.

Went there today and prices were sky high. So i will need to keep looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Maybe adverts or donedeal will have something if you get desperate enough :D
    Like http://www.adverts.ie/garden-toys/two-seater-jeep/1130380

Amazon have a Warehouse in Dublin...and you'll pay about 50 Euro for it in Anthony Ryan's , lovely stuff in there but crazy expensive.

Cheers , why then do they have free delivery in UK and not in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Probably because they don't have a deal with An Post.
    They pay VAT too to the Irish coffers so don't think you're throwing your money abroad. They give free shipping if you order over £25 worth of goodies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭baldshin

They do have free delivery to Ireland when you spend over £25 and the items have "free super saver delivery" under them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

Well, not electric I know but there are battery operated tea lights available in the €2 shop. I think it's about 4 to a pack for €2.They actually last a long time as I used them in work last Christmas and found them to be perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭buzz55

I'm looking for battery powered candle arches, something like this - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wooden-Candle-Bridge-7-Bulb/dp/B000XYBPBQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1322666290&sr=8-1 but must be battery powered.

Anyone know if the 2 euro shop would have them? I have tried to ring but can't get an answer.

Or where else could I try? Dont want to head for town unless I know I can get them and won't spend more than a tenner on it.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭FR.Ted Crilly

Does anyone know where you can get a hold of a chess set in Galway
    im leaving on Tuesday for the week but to find a shop selling the classic look trad chess set for an old man for Christmas
    thanks T

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

try this thread for starters...shops round kirwins lane I reckon would be a good place to start if close by to you

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=68107621

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭eyesquirm

Toy shops probably not trad enough, but "the treasure chest" on shop st springs to mind, its like the kind of thing they may have.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Does anyone know where you can get a hold of a chess set in Galway
    im leaving on Tuesday for the week but to find a shop selling the classic look trad chess set for an old man for Christmas
    thanks T

Upstairs in the Wooden Heart on Quay Street has some very nice wooden chess sets.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭carmex21

I know this is probably an easy thing to get but I just wanted to ask before running around the shops in the rain!

A nice leather wallet for a man – jewellers shop or a mens clothes shop like Ryan’s?

I will probably try TK Max as well but wasn’t sure on the general shops to check.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

carmex21 wrote: »
    I know this is probably an easy thing to get but I just wanted to ask before running around the shops in the rain!

A nice leather wallet for a man – jewellers shop or a mens clothes shop like Ryan’s?

I will probably try TK Max as well but wasn’t sure on the general shops to check.

you know what? It's not the easiest thing to purchase...I'd be fusy as to what type of wallet I'd carry round...needs to be quality to last (many rip apart), need space for coins (that's probably why they rip apart:p)...ATM cards, notes...not too big so it fits in my jeans pocket- not too small that it's useless...
    All good mens shops will do a line of wallets but not all are good...Ryans would be a good start..a lot of designer clothes labels do lines in wallets but they're usually overpriced for what they are....

Hanley & Co on Williamgate st might be a place to try as well ...don't discount BT's either but obviously you'll be paying more but might get better quality. ....If budget is a big thing, then Debanhams will have a selection too.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭carmex21

Thanks for that. I forgot places like Debenhams and Bt's. Think I have a voucher for BT's which may just solve the problem!

Yep, I would like to get a nice soft leather one with no logos or brand names; a Diesel wallet would not cut the mustard I think!

Thanks,
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

Where in town can I get a Christmas jumper (that won't cost me a FORTUNE!!!)?

Preferably one's covered in Mozzarella or Cheddar 'cause I need mine extra cheesy!

Advertisement