Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Jumpers/Presents/Everything merge

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Penneys!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

I went in about an hour ago, couldn't find any. I then asked a lad he said they don't have them.

That was in Menswear. Is there a different section, like a Christmas specific one?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Must have sold out, were a fair few in there last week, they were in menswear.

Tribes gift shop on William Street had some Christmas jumpers at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭dafunk

Anyone know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Old thread here

Or I can sell you a tile ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭jenny retro

It's Magic in the Eyre Sq centre usually have interesting chess sets.

And there's a stall in the Eyre Sq centre (upstairs, nearish to Penneys) that has leather stuff, you might get a wallet there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Padkir

It's Magic in the Eyre Sq centre usually have interesting chess sets.

And there's a stall in the Eyre Sq centre (upstairs, nearish to Penneys) that has leather stuff, you might get a wallet there :)

I got a cheap one there before (€15 I think) and cheap is what it was. Fell apart after a few months. You'll have to splash out a small bit to get one to last I reckon!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Inky_Lady

They had lovely ones in TK Maxx, Galway last week - not too expensive either (about €10) no idea if they'd still have some in stock though. Upstairs in the home-ware section.
    I hope that's of use :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

Hey don't know if you got sorted yet but they're in Dunnes Knokcknacarra, I picked up a few today. 8euro each and takes 2xAA batteries

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

biko wrote: »
    Or I can sell you a tile ;)

You can sell me a tile, what condition would it be in sir?

It's never been used. I'll PM pics later.

Looking for a cheap artificial tree? Saw some in Argos, all out of stock.
    Some in Homeware? Wellpark, all more than 100.

Anything nice for 70 or similar?

edit, got one in B&Q for 70. Was fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭dafunk

Thanks for the offer Biko, while a tile makes perfect sense and i would use it myself it mightnt be that much fun to unwrap on Xmas morning.

I've checked tk maxx, meadows and Byrnes, Anthony Ryan's and Argos but no joy. Only other places I might get one would be tescos or dunnes perhaps.

Aye, a tile would be a bit stupid as a gift :D
    Pizza stone merged into everything Christmas thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Who's got the best tinsel? Got money this Christmas (first time in a few), and am feeling like some glitter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭niamhocxox

Hi, I m looking for an electric single candle in Galway for the window.

Anyone know where I can purchase these?

Thanks, I tried google to no avail.

Hi OP is this the single candle in the log? Trying to get some myself. Did you find them anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭skwinty

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know where i could find a glass/plastic cylinder in Galway?

I require it for a Christmas decoration and I need it to be fairly large in size.

Any help much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭swe_fi

skwinty wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I require it for a Christmas decoration and I need it to be fairly large in size.

You could check in TK Maxx, they have these sort of things upstairs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

How big? Coke bottle size, or more finger size?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭FrPhelimYoung

Hi All

Got a nice set of books for my niece. They were supposed to come in a nice presentation case......they arrived but unfortunately without the case!!!

Anyone know of shops around town that might stock some nice kids type bookends to compliment the set of books???

Want to add to the present as it's a bit drab just wrapped up in a box.

Tks

Maybe:
    Upstairs in Easons or the book shop in Eyre Square shopping centre, in behind Burger King.

skwinty wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

They sell Christmas tree balls? in large plastic cylinders in Penneys.
    Or get plastic sheets in Easons/similar shop and tape/glue together.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,483 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Hi All

Got a nice set of books for my niece. They were supposed to come in a nice presentation case......they arrived but unfortunately without the case!!!

Anyone know of shops around town that might stock some nice kids type bookends to compliment the set of books???

Want to add to the present as it's a bit drab just wrapped up in a box.

Tks

Possibly Wooden Heart in Quay St. It sounds like something they would have.

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

FrPhelimYoung- try Barna Gifts,opposite Pounworld, beside Evergreen,never get the street names correct,even after 15 years!!Lots of quite nice gifts in there,I definitely did see kids bookends but it was a couple of months back. Also Judy Greene, down in Kirwans Lane. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Inky_Lady

+1 Wooden Heart. Got a lovely set of wooden book ends for my god son there last year. A bit pricey but they really are a beautiful gift.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭FrPhelimYoung

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm headed in first thing tomorrow so fingers crossed I'll pick up something nice!!!

Advertisement