Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Advice on Citreon Berlingo

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

600 kg payload
    90 bhp model ;)

I think you will get the van, isn't there an upper weight limit before you need a vat number to get a van?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

When i had my van my PPS number did as a vat number to tax it commercially :):)
    just make sure all the belts, pumps and that where done recently and not yonks ago :D

I think you just have to sign the declaration with your pps number an you'll be alright :)

Have you looked at car-vans?

• Advertisement

Condi wrote: »

I see your problem... If thats all thats stopping you taxing it I don't know what to say :eek:

You could go down the private route if commercial fails. This means that you could tax it no problem but depending on engine size could be costly. Ask your insurance provider how they would treat you if you had a private van, some like the idea, others hate it. It still requires a DOE but not to tax it... Yes head scratching material :confused:

You could buy a car and convert it to a van with the right bits and get it signed. Thats what I did :)

Condi wrote: »

As its a van it would require a DOE not an NCT. Taxation class doesn't come into play. Some older car-vans are very iffy i.e exempt from tests.

I used to have a commercial car-van and at 18 it was 600 to insure as opposed to my car which was the same model with less hp, 700cc smaller engine and yet it was 2283 to insure :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

To sum up:

Commercial
    Requires a declaration of commercial use only and CRW when taxing. You first get your DOE then go to the tax office, pay €6. They take your cert and give you a Certificate of RoadWorthiness instead. This piece of paper allows you to tax your van

Private
    None of the above for taxing. Just go in and tax. DOE is for roadworthiness purposes, does not obstruct you from taxing. No need for declarations etc. Some older private stuff is exempt from testing too (quite rare)

As for the Berlingo, not much experience with them as I've never owned one. They're built on a modified Pug 306 chassis. The 306 had problems with the axle, I don't know if this has the same problems. There should be a few threads on Partners/Berlingos here on boards, they'll be able to help you better there than I can :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Row

The 1.6 hdi engines are a great little engine BUT ensure it has been well serviced with the correct oil 5w 30 fully synthetic...if not there could be trouble ahead...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭farrellniall

they are a grate wee van i had 3 of them 2 of them were 1.9 they were a bit hard on fuel. them i got a 08 old shape 1.6 hdi wich has a tourbo. they can give some trouble with them. once there is a full service history you should be ok.

and also the back axel can give trouble but if you dont carry heavy loads or a trailer it will be ok.

make shore it wasent damaged.

i did buy one of them damaged but parts can be deer for them. (body panels) cant get them second hand.

:D:D:D:D
    hope this helps.
    oww one more thing the entiprise model isent bigger. and it has diffrent seats. thats realy only diffrence.

Advertisement