Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beware of Dodgy Euro notes

• 20-11-2011 11:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭

I was in Johns street about a month ago and a guy Romanian I think, He was with the flower sellers, came to the Taxi I was getting into and asked the driver to change a twenty, the driver said no, he could not. He smiled at the driver and said I can sell you 10 euro notes for one Euro. The driver then told him to F-off. He went on to the next Taxi. The driver told me that carry on, is a nightly event there, They sell flowers and cowboy hats to drunks and give back bad copies of euro notes. People are too drunk to notice. He said some drivers informed the Garda, but were met with no interest.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭eiresandra

Is it wrong of me to suggest that if you're stupid and drunk enough to buy a flower or a hat from someone outside Abras at 2.30 in the morning that you deserve to lose money?!

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Evelynmc

"Buy a rose, buy a rose" lol... id never buy anything off them. They are manky yokes, saw one of them taking food out of a bin one day and giving the food to the kid.. yock!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

I know a couple of fellas who have put some of these notes into circulation and they are alot more local than Romanian. Disgusting to be fair, alot of fake tenners about at the moment, b vigilant when getting change always fell for the raised piece of the note in the top middle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

dirty scumbags!!! oooh i,d tell em where to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭SheFiend

Saw a really convincing fake €50 about three years ago, and had the chance to compare it with a real one. The colour looked exactly right, and the paper even felt very real.
    I imagine they've gotten better since.
    I've often heard of people getting fake tenners in their change in taxis.
    I wouldn't blame a paticular race, as Irish have been counterfeiting since the days of the pound.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

I know a couple of fellas who have put some of these notes into circulation and they are alot more local than Romanian.

True, but people like to get in the little racist dig.

I doubt samsham even knows the difference between Roma and Romanian either.

Advertisement