Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aquarium pricing

Options
  • 21-11-2011 12:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

hi,how much should i expect to pay for a new 6x2x2 aquarium,just the tank without stand or any accessories or where would i find the best value in the country.if websites can't be posted please pm me.i'm not purchasing straight away just putting the feelers out.thank's in advance,
    fffp:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,239 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

www.adverts.ie is a good place to buy tanks.

I work off a rough rule of approximately €1 per litre volume when dealing with second hand tanks. when you say 6x2x2 are you talking feet? That'd be a 700 litre tank which would be massive... no experience in that level of the market myself, my largest is 180l.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Bebo stunnah

€1? even the ones on donedeal go for about €2 per litre, most place ive seen were about that

Never pay asking price and look for the bargains ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 43 fffp

hmm...ya prob getting a bit carried away haha.never mind.still i'm going to be looking for something big.to fill a space in the sitting room.cheers for the input..fffp.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Bebo stunnah

You could always make your own? Thats probably the cheapest way, and could make some fairly 'unique designs'. I considered it myself, but was too lazy to do it

• Advertisement

You could always make your own? Thats probably the cheapest way, and could make some fairly 'unique designs'. I considered it myself, but was too lazy to do it
    ya i had tought about that before but i think by the time i'ts made i'ts fairly pricy.i't would prob be a horror story haha.still i might look into it again for the crack.

Might be worth contacting seahorse aquariums for a price on their custom tanks? Paddy147 here recently got one for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭fungun

Sleepy wrote: »
    Never pay asking price and look for the bargains ;)

*shakes fist*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Cameron Poe

You could try getting on to Fins Fur Feathers in Swords. They do lovely Clearseal tanks in big sizes with cabinets at a good price.

Going custom will make it far more expensive.

good feedback there again,sound.clearseal said they don't deal with the public and i'm waiting to hear back from a crowd in the usa about an acrylic tank, just the tank dim 72"X18"X20" for under 600euro.shipping will probably be crazy though, dunno if i can post the site so i won't.
    i'd say custom is going to be costly so that's out.when the time comes probobly the likes of adverts or donedeal will throw up something anyways.

fffp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CyberJuice

best bet is adverts or buy and sell. id never buy a brand new fish tank again,they just cost so much wen u add up everything from decorations-fish-chemicals-test kits-lighting and all the rest.im currently hunting for a second hand one on adverts but it can take a couple months to get the right deal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭fungun

have to say id never buy a new one again either, but i would always try to see it up and running before you buy (or at least be sure they are willing to show you). Ive bought 2 second hand tanks on irishfishkeepers.com. One was fabulous value, the seller was brilliant, tank was great. My second tank the seller offered to deliver and had sent photos (was 450L so I accepted) but tank wasnt quite as good condition as I expected and a couple of things were missing which he 'forgot'.

the american crowd got back with a price of 2200:eek:. i emaild that place in dublin fins fur an feather and they seemed very reasonable.still were all lookin for a bargain these days so i'm just gonna sit tight for a while.and yes you can't be too carefull when buying something used as there is usually no comeback.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

solution for making it own
    http://www.aquariumsolutions.ie/Clearsel_Aquariums/130/

or check the website .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Cameron Poe

WIZE wrote: »
    solution for making it own
    http://www.aquariumsolutions.ie/Clearsel_Aquariums/130/

or check the website .

They are the basic clearseal aquariums. Nothing like the new ones.

Advertisement