Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***ALL OT CHAT HERE***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

robbie_998 wrote: »
    i was thinking sneaking one out of a scrap yard without anyone noticing...................

What the fu(k?? Next time you need new wipers are you going to do the same in a motor factors :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

mrs crilly wrote: »
    MugMugs wrote: »
    Stop feeding Mrs Crilly! Every time she's given a pervy thought a butterfly dies.

No man im being deadly serious. Lots of fellas have lumps and bumps or ill apologise in advance blood coming from places it should not be and they dont do anything about it. A good friend of my husbands died cos he just thought something would go away but it never did. It killed him in the end as it was too late by the time he went and did something about it. Having been screened for something of that nature myself very recently and pre C cells found its not a nice thing. BUT if making a joke out of it gets you all to fondle your balls tonight to highlight cancer then ill go to bed a very happy woman.

I hear you! I still reckon Mr C has his work cut out with you around!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

i was thinking sneaking one out of a scrap yard without anyone noticing...................

What the fu(k?? Next time you need new wipers are you going to do the same in a motor factors :confused:

No, bit different.

It's 1 nut worth less than a euro thatd I'd be ripped off for anywhere,

Wipers I buy brand new most likely of micks garage or somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Where can you buy it for a euro?

No, bit different.

It's 1 nut worth less than a euro thatd I'd be ripped off for anywhere,

Wipers I buy brand new most likely of micks garage or somewhere

So you think that because it's not worth much, that justifies you stealing it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Jimdagym wrote: »
    Where can you buy it for a euro?

That is, essentially, the problem though. It's costing about 2c to make, and costing up to €10 to buy. Not that I'm saying it's alright to steal it because of this, but the mark up on small things like that is insane.

But the mark up is what it is. There's no point saying its worth a euro if you can not physically buy one for a euro. Where is the sense of worth coming from?
    Plus, it costs less than a tenner, and it stops the wheel on your car from falling off. I think that is great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Stop feeding Mrs Crilly! Every time she's given a pervy thought a butterfly dies.
    She does what to her butterfly now? :pac:

(Your more serious comment is noted tho, Mrs C, you're absolutely right.)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

That is, essentially, the problem though. It's costing about 2c to make, and costing up to €10 to buy.

It might cost 2c to make it, but only if it's manufactured in Asia. And then please add postage from there to here. The mark-up is not a whole pile after that.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

I hear you! I still reckon Mr C has his work cut out with you around!

What makes you think that :D
    She does what to her butterfly now? :pac:

(Your more serious comment is noted tho, Mrs C, you're absolutely right.)

Butterfly? Strange name for it :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Where would I get boxes to send packages in? Need to send a prize to mrs crilly for winning the ATWR competition and the nav from the Skoda to the new owner but as I never send packages via post usually I havent a clue. Do post offices have that crap?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

EPM wrote: »
    Where would I get boxes to send packages in? Need to send a prize to mrs crilly for winning the ATWR competition and the nav from the Skoda to the new owner but as I never send packages via post usually I havent a clue. Do post offices have that crap?

Interested to know that myself as I have the tonneau cover from my MGF to send to someone

• Registered Users Posts: 28,957 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Just call down to your local shop, tell them what size you need and then they usually have something to suit.

johnos1984 wrote: »
    Interested to know that myself as I have the tonneau cover from my MGF to send to someone
    Quazzie wrote: »
    Just call down to your local shop, tell them what size you need and then they usually have something to suit.

Post Office sell boxes and padded envelopes for sending stuff, bring your own sellatape :D

Goes without saying, use registered post for something like the Nav....

Goes without saying, use registered post for something like the Nav....

If it goes without saying, why did you say it? :pac:

What's the prize may I enquire?

How are soe estates listed on done deal as "taxed as a hearse", when they are clearly not hearse's (hearsii??).

What gives there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

How are soe estates listed on done deal as "taxed as a hearse", when they are clearly not hearse's (hearsii??).

What gives there?

What are soe estates?

What are soe estates?

Some ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

What are soe estates?

Clearly he means "some" estates there!:D I'd be questioning his meaning of "hearsii"(?) as I don't know what the plural of hearse is!:D

If it goes without saying, why did you say it? :pac:

Cos it's EPM, duh! :pac:

also you should have a new photo for the Post a pic of your car thread ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

What gives there?

It's a bit convoluted and a loophole. It's not really being closed, because only a registered undertaker can import and classify a car as hearse. Shannon then doesn't cop on to it, when the owner changes.

The definition for a hearse is a bit vague, that's why an estate still can go through. Also, there isn't a whole pile of them really. The only one I've seen for sale is the silver E39 Touring and I know the story behind that.

It's sort of the same way, as Z3m coupes could be registered as breadvans not too long back. That loophole has been closed though.

/M

Marlow wrote: »
    It's sort of the same way, as Z3m coupes could be registered as breadvans not too long back. That loophole has been closed though.

/M
    What? LOL

What's the prize may I enquire?

Clay bar kit! I won the all the way round comp. This morning i had to pay €5.20 for a single journey ticket from Ashbourne to city centre with Bus Eireann. Rip off. There are routes on Dublin Bus out to Newcastle and Balbriggan which are nearly twice the distance and cheaper. Public transport sucks car is king.

Clay bar kit! I won the all the way round comp. This morning i had to pay €5.20 for a single journey ticket from Ashbourne to city centre with Bus Eireann. Rip off. There are routes on Dublin Bus out to Newcastle and Balbriggan which are nearly twice the distance and cheaper. Public transport sucks car is king.

Sweet !

I could've given you a lift. Passed Ashborune around 07:30 headed for Harcourt street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

Sweet !

I could've given you a lift. Passed Ashborune around 07:30 headed for Harcourt street.

...Brave...very brave! :P

Sweet !

I got the 6.45am bus was at my desk at 7.30am :p
    ...Brave...very brave! :P

Jesus I don't bite :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

Jesus I don't bite :(

Unless asked nicely?

• Advertisement

Unless asked nicely?

Why have you got a leap day proposal for me :p:p:p

This discussion has been closed.