Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***ALL OT CHAT HERE***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

I want jaguar xkr :( . Old one.

That's is all for the day.

I'm giving serious consideration to driving my 02 megane into a volcano and buying an e39 525i.
    The heart wants what it wants.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

E39MSport wrote: »
    I have a few things up for sale on adverts.

I've had interest from a brand new user with no feedback looking for my phone number and address so he can send his mate to come collect the tyres. (add asks for collection though)

Now, it's not beyond the bounds of possibility that someone could cruise this site, look for particular cars and then make the link to adverts.ie.

Am I being paranoid by not allowing a collection to a new user?

As soon as I replied stating that I'd drop them to him because he's a new user with no feedback he stopped contacting me.

My suspicion radar has been triggered.

You could always meet him at a place, that is busy enough. A petrol station or a shopping center. In general, go with your gut feeling.

If he wants them, he'll buy them. If he stops responding, he might have been hassle anyhow.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

E39MSport wrote: »
    My suspicion radar has been triggered.

Perhaps he's more interested in your username and finding out where you keep the goods ! :)

Stay clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Jimdagym wrote: »
    I'm giving serious consideration to driving my 02 megane into a volcano and buying an e39 525i.
    The heart wants what it wants.

i know m8. o would love to buy XKR atleast just for summer, then store it away during winter. xk/xkr can be bought for 5-6k now, its alot of fun for that money!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

mrs crilly wrote: »
    Note to self....... read posts BEFORE you reply........

:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

Haha I did lol though ya big eejit ya!:D

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    We did 4 days in Vegas, helicopter tour of Grand Canyon, 4 day / 1200 mile road trip to San Fran via R66 / PCH. Also got in a number of car shows to include SEMA. ;)

Sounds ideal! I'd love to do a few weeks driving about in the States... someday!
    dgt wrote: »
    Is it just me or is every second car in Dublin today a BMW 6 series....? They're literrally everywhere today :confused:

I work in D4, they're not uncommon around here usually, but still a guilty pleasure of mine. All the drivers look like they are miserable gits though :rolleyes: (apologies to any 6 series owners here!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

166man wrote: »
    Haha I did lol though ya big eejit ya!:D

Im not the brightest crayon in the box!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

mrs crilly wrote: »
    Im not the brightest crayon in the box!

Neither am I, that makes two of us(!) although that bmw535d fellow wasn't the brightest either!

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

320d in fiat punto blue.....no worries.:P

That would be Tesseo Blue :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Over in arnhem now, petrol is 1.74 a litre. Although thats including motor tax isnt it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Over in arnhem now, petrol is 1.74 a litre. Although thats including motor tax isnt it?

Oh fu(k off with your good bad news!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

Oh fu(k off with your good bad news!

Wait what petrol went up again ?

Really ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

robbie_998 wrote: »
    Wait what petrol went up again ?

Really ?

Read the post;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Managed to squeeze €130 in to the 7er today. It now costs €350 to fill our three cars.

EDIT: We now spend about €500 a month on fuel in a 2 person household.

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Managed to squeeze €130 in to the 7er today. It now costs €350 to fill our three cars.

EDIT: We now spend about €500 a month on fuel in a 2 person household.

Felt like I was raped filling up.... :/

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Got made permanent in my job today :eek:
    Time for a new motor...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

I got a plesent suprise yesterday. First fill up, tank just below a quarter full and it only took 47 litres to fill. On the last car a quarter tank was more like an eighth. Meant that the trip computer was actually bang on with it's reading too when I thought it was over reading.

Never had a trip computer in a car that wasn't way out. Interesting to see if it lasts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Time for a new motor...

Well done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Anymore news on your own job john?

And what's that now? :D

• Advertisement

Anymore news on your own job john?

Nah nor will I have any for a while. The Public Service doesn't work that fast :rolleyes:

Hopefully I'll find out towards the end of April.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Work for a large multinational Telecommunications operation, that's all I'm saying.

MugMugs wrote: »
    And what's that now? :D

Well done. Good.news the way things are...

Work for a large multinational Telecommunications operation, that's all I'm saying.

Eircell-GSM-Card-1.jpg

Ah the old Motorola 088 days.... If I ever get a brain tumor I'm going after them!

Ah the old Motorola 088 days.... If I ever get a brain tumor I'm going after them!

I've a box of them in the attic as well as a load of old callcards. I wonder are they worth anything yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

colm_mcm wrote:
    Time for a new motor...

Another FTO then? ;)

johnos1984 wrote: »

I've a box of them in the attic as well as a load of old callcards. I wonder are they worth anything yet

You've a few decades left lad.

Time for a new motor...

Well done Colm :)
    Nice to see things like that.

Was offered a job today that I thought I wanted but when it actually came to it I decided I didn't quite want it, very strange.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

At Olly Muirs in the O2 somebody shoot me. Only good thing about this is the tunnel run on the way home.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement