Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***ALL OT CHAT HERE***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

It would be a lot easier and cheaper to go to a dealer at this stage tbh.

Do the scrap yard want you to rectify the damage done? They should be able to sort that easily enough!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

EPM wrote: »
    It would be a lot easier and cheaper to go to a dealer at this stage tbh.

Do the scrap yard want you to rectify the damage done? They should be able to sort that easily enough!

I haven't being to a scrappy yet.

I was just thightnjng the nuts on the wheel as a check up and one just snapped off te threaded bar of my car wheel thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

robbie_998 wrote: »

I was just thightnjng the nuts on the wheel as a check up and one just snapped off te threaded bar of my car wheel thing.

Risky buissness if your driving that car.

Risky buissness if your driving that car.

Please explain ?

It's kinda annoying me and I'm leaving it at home and taking a spare car until I get more info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

I've just opened a nice bottle of red wine.

Excuse my posts later if they become confused and angry

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

johnos1984 wrote: »

I'd like to do the same but I've a fair amount of driving ahead of me tomorrow, bottle here and all

Please explain ?

It's kinda annoying me and I'm leaving it at home and taking a spare car until I get more info.

Well a nut staped off, Im most likly wrong, But it doesent sound good.

OSI wrote: »
    That time of the month again?

Indeed!

Nah I was a good boy and stayed in school until 8 this evening working.......and made sure I was spotted by the board of manglement, principal, vice principal and a few others as I left

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

Please explain ?

Is the stud that broke on the same hub as the one with the missing nut? If so then just take a nut from another wheel then you'll have 4 on both wheels and be perfectly safe.

A replacement stud for the broken one is only a couple of euro from Honda and wouldn't take long to fit.

Gary ITR wrote: »
    I'd like to do the same but I've a fair amount of driving ahead of me tomorrow, bottle here and all

Is that what cruise control is for :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

All this talk of the new licence reminded me.

Has anyone else here got a 15 year driving license?

Actually, ND, take him up on that offer and you get the cameraman and the annoying geezer in the same pair of trousers! :pac:

:P

Maybe I can be the next Edd China......although I'd actually do my own work:eek::P

Jimdagym wrote: »
    All this talk of the new licence reminded me.

Has anyone else here got a 15 year driving license?

No, Ihave to get the full liecence first. :eek:

Please explain ?

Is the stud that broke on the same hub as the one with the missing nut? If so then just take a nut from another wheel then you'll have 4 on both wheels and be perfectly safe.

A replacement stud for the broken one is only a couple of euro from Honda and wouldn't take long to fit.

That's exactly what I did.

So 4 on each wheel now.

It's the threaded bar as I was tightening the nut snapped off.

So the but has a bar in it and the but is in my hand so it would be the disk that the bars and nuts go on to.

How much would a job like this cost and does it have to be a Honda job ?

Thanks again peeps !

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

So the but has a bar in it and the but is in my hand so it would be the disk that the bars and nuts go on to.

What? o.O

That's exactly what I did.

So 4 on each wheel now.

It's the threaded bar as I was tightening the nut snapped off.

How much would a job like this cost and does it have to be a Honda job ?

Thanks again peeps !

The threaded piece that the nut goes onto is the stud. As above, they are only a few euro and a quick fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

My ****ing house mate sounds like a badger gorging on a giant feast while being smothered with a bloody pillow! It's like feeding time in the zoo in my sitting room! :(

MugMugs wrote: »
    My ****ing house mate sounds like a badger gorging on a giant feast while being smothered with a bloody pillow! It's like feeding time in the zoo in my sitting room! :(

I always find a good fart shuts people up

Ah this lads doing my head in. His saving grace is the fact he pisses off home at the weekends and I'm rarely here during the week. I'm thinking of educating him on the use of light switches and their off function........... sweet Jesus, I'm turning into my Mother..... :(

Ah this lads doing my head in. His saving grace is the fact he pisses off home at the weekends and I'm rarely here during the week. I'm thinking of educating him on the use of light switches and their off function........... sweet Jesus, I'm turning into my Mother..... :(

Could be worse.

I've lived with people who complained religiously about the cold and the heating bill yet managed to leave every door in the house open

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

I was gonna have a vodka and tonic but I am being good with a peppermint tea instead.

I will keep my posts minty fresh :D:D
    Could be worse.

I've lived with people who complained religiously about the cold and the heating bill yet managed to leave every door in the house open

Ah yes and they are all the reasons I bought my apartment when I was 23!!! I moved out of home and within 2 months of renting I knew I couldn't do it for any lenght of time so I got down to Dublin City council and into that shared ownership scheme as quick as I could.

I lived with a bunch of freaks :(

mrs crilly wrote: »
    I lived with a bunch of freaks :(

I love living with different people.

I've lived with some great people and some weirdos. One guy took a dislike to me the moment I said hello and never spoke to me for 9 months. To this day I don't know why :confused:

I love living with different people.

I've lived with some great people and some weirdos. One guy took a dislike to me the moment I said hello and never spoke to me for 9 months. To this day I don't know why :confused:

I rented a room in a house in Artane

There was a Nigerian doctor ( I couldn't tell you his name) in the house who mumbled to me from time to time, he used to cook the most vile food ever, rice with animal tongues and other furry pieces of stuff in a pot :confused::confused:

Then there was Gill from Edinburgh who never moved from the sofa and had an IV of cadbury's going direct into her veins. She used to get stroppy with me when I brought 'friends' back. So most Sunday mornings we spent ignoring each other :D

Then lastly there was a Romanian I think his name was Kes-tus (thats how it was pronounced anyway) He used to have a habit of trying to come into my room when he had drank 50 bottles of vodka :rolleyes:

Freaks

I lived in halls in UCD for years........I was an RA for anyone who lived there hence I'm used to be thrown in with randomers

First lad I had here renting a room brought two e head blondes chewing the jaws.off themselves and a blind man home on his first night here! When it comes to freaks, I've had my fair share in here!

Jaysus Crilly! Did it take him that much vodka to.get into the mood? :D

I lived in halls in UCD for years........I was an RA for anyone who lived there hence I'm used to be thrown in with randomers

Whats an RA?
    First lad I had here renting a room brought two e head blondes chewing the jaws.off themselves and a blind man home on his first night here! When it comes to freaks, I've had my fair share in here!

Jaysus Crilly! Did it take him that much vodka to.get into the mood? :D

Bhahahahahahahhahhahahahhahha, my first night in the house I spent it outside drinking cans with a group of local lads...... :o They saw me moving in and started chatting to me. I was only a young wan so I thought sure why not!!!

Hummmm don't care how much vodka he needed I never entertained him.

Whats an RA?

Bhahahahahahahhahhahahahhahha, my first night in the house I spent it outside drinking cans with a group of local lads...... :o They saw me moving in and started chatting to me. I was only a young wan so I thought sure why not!!!

Hummmm don't care how much vodka he needed I never entertained him.

What...all of them?:eek:

Whats an RA?

An unwelcome guest at parties in campus halls in UCD.

It was my job to break up parties..........officially it stood for Residential Assistant. Unofficially it stood for Real Asshole :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

An unwelcome guest at parties in campus halls in UCD.

It was my job to break up parties..........officially it stood for Residential Assistant. Unofficially it stood for Real Asshole :D

Snitch!!!

• Advertisement

Jimdagym wrote: »
    Snitch!!!
    FREE ACCOMODATION = FIRST CAR ;)

I saved 2 lives so my conscious is clear

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement