Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***ALL OT CHAT HERE***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Morning lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

Marlow wrote: »
    You don't even know what an identity crisis is :) Come back, when it spans across a few countries.

/M
    Marlow do counties not count no?!
    johnos1984 wrote: »
    They don't make songs like the used to. I feel another FRIDAY NIGHT IS MUSIC NIGHT coming on tomorrow with OMD Enola GAY to begin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2Tt86_PdGM

Boo cant watch that video on my phone. Hum wonder does anybody share my taste in music. And old school heads in the house? m.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&hl=en-GB&client=mv-google&v=ukbRAgXZYtU&mobileflash=0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

sorry lads just one more quick one.

what are the chances of getting hat wheel thing fixed on a saturday ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Morning lads.

Since no one else has answered Good Morning!

EPM wrote: »
    Since no one else has answered Good Morning!

I never answered cos I am not a lad :p

• Advertisement

good morning all.

i think everyone in my job is hugover except for me :(

anyway Advance pistop want €70 for the full job on my car.

yay or nay ?

waiting on EP mooney to text me a quote.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Overview for anybody who missed last night.

Crilly admitted to being a mountain woman with potential hairyness.

DeVore and Dav sent RLH on a foreign mission to find investment for this shagged island using Boards as his promotional tool. He sent these potential investors to the Motors forum to show off our skilled work force only for them to witness this Mountain woman harrassing the locals.

When they went to drive away, Robbie had nicked their wheel nuts so they didn't get very far :(

:pac:

MugMugs wrote: »
    Crilly admitted to being a mountain woman with potential hairyness.

I would just like to confirm there is no potential hairyness.

One should never speculate!

clonskeagh honda.

1 stud and 2 nuts = €10.83 inc. VAT etc.

to do the job in honda inc parts = €85.00 inc vat. etc.

i hate shopping around :(

and yes everyone i know im annoying :(

sorry.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Going to wrap the steering wheel trim now which involves removing the airbag, if there isnt a post in "Today I did something to my car" in one hour, call an ambulance :D

• Advertisement

conzymaher wrote: »
    Going to wrap the steering wheel trim now which involves removing the airbag, if there isnt a post in "Today I did something to my car" in one hour, call an ambulance :D

........ surely you've done your homework and are employing all required safety steps?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

RoverJames wrote: »
    ........ surely you've done your homework and are employing all required safety steps?

Main one being to disconnect the battery and leave it for about 15 minutes before going near the airbag.

Main one being to disconnect the battery and leave it for about 15 minutes before going near the airbag.

How do I disconnect my airbags? :confused:

BOOM! :D:D:D:D:D

I dunno what they are tbh :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

RoverJames wrote: »
    I dunno what they are tbh :)

AKA mammary glands ;)

Got the steering wheel trim out, yeah I disconnected the battery before going at it.

By the way pro tip: dont close the boot! :D I closed the boot with the battery disconnected and the E46 has an electronic boot latch mechanism so there was a good few minutes of head scratching trying to figure out how to open it :D got it opened there now so I will post some pics of the process later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

I will post some pics of the process later
    If its the guide to breaking into the boot possibly best you dont

Most people just wrap the wooden part, but its pretty easy to pop out all the buttons and wrap the plastic part too

3bc18.jpg

What should I do? Wrap the whole lot, or is the two tone nicer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭Johntegr

Evenin'!

Some week for me! Had the DC5 out in Mondello on Tues. Some little scrotes broke the rear screen on Wednesday morning. Rang the Guards but no CCTV so couldn't do anything.

Yesterday 2 witnesses came forward but I think they're too young to subject them to the Gardaí quizzing them so I bit the bullet and rang the insurance company.

Windscreen company then rang me and because it's black glass and not a tint it was going to take a while and be expensive. From the man on the phone he said from memory the last time he had to get one he was waiting 2 and a half months and it ended up in the region of 1.5k.

So considering I only have glass cover up to €500 (thanks Quinn/Liberty) I cancelled the glass claim.

Managed to source a whole boot with screen and wiper from a breakers and it'll be here in the morning.

Gonna knock in to the parents this afternoon when they're home. To be fooked if I'm paying for it.

TBH I think I'm being too nice saving them so much money!

And I'm supposed to be on holidays! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Definitely two tone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Definitely two tone.

+1, leave the buttons be.

Definitely two tone.

Thanks you just saved me another hour of hardship :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Johntegr wrote: »
    Some little scrotes broke the rear screen on Wednesday morning. Rang the Guards but no CCTV so couldn't do anything.

Public parking spot ? We've had the rear windows of our vans smashed in twice in public parking spots (shopping center). The last time the guy that drives the van spotted two minors running away the second he flicked the remote on the central lock and the indicators flashed.

Looks like they were after if there was any stuff to flogg in the rear. Didn't get anything so.

Pain in the butt, it is. Also, rear windows are usually a lot more costly than windscreens. Smaller production. Often no third party glass available.

/M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

robbie_998 wrote: »
    clonskeagh honda.

1 stud and 2 nuts = €10.83 inc. VAT etc.

to do the job in honda inc parts = €85.00 inc vat. etc.

i hate shopping around :(

and yes everyone i know im annoying :(

sorry.

Christ, thats crazy money. Grab the stud off them and drop in to me on Sat:)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Thanks you just saved me another hour of hardship :)

Post up pics when you're done!

I'll have to do the same on my dads e60!

Public parking spot ? We've had the rear windows of our vans smashed in twice in public parking spots (shopping center). The last time the guy that drives the van spotted two minors running away the second he flicked the remote on the central lock and the indicators flashed.

Looks like they were after if there was any stuff to flogg in the rear. Didn't get anything so.

Pain in the butt, it is. Also, rear windows are usually a lot more costly than windscreens. Smaller production. Often no third party glass available.

/M
    Right outside my GF's apartment. Just looking around I don't see any signs that say I park at my own risk. :D

It was kids in the block that did it. They noticed that the proxies go off anytime something gets close to the car so they decided to pelt it with stones.

Heard the alarm going, went out to the balcony, nobody was near it so just switched it off. It was only when I went downstairs and went to get my jumper from the boot that I saw it was smashed and the kids down playing on their bikes and scooters told me there was 2 boys playing with rocks and stones and they hit it. Then they pointed out where they live.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Johntegr wrote: »
    Heard the alarm going, went out to the balcony, nobody was near it so just switched it off. It was only when I went downstairs and went to get my jumper from the boot that I saw it was smashed and the kids down playing on their bikes and scooters told me there was 2 boys playing with rocks and stones and they hit it. Then they pointed out where they live.

Definatly worth pointing it out to their parents and see, if you can get the dosh of them. That's just not on.

/M

Definatly worth pointing it out to their parents and see, if you can get the dosh of them. That's just not on.

/M
    I know. Have to be careful though, I'm sure the parents wont like me telling them their little one is in fact a little you know what! :D

Christ, thats crazy money. Grab the stud off them and drop in to me on Sat:)

im grabbing the stud and 2 nuts of them for a tenner regardless.

if you dont mind taking it i'd be over in the morning no problem but i dont mind asking someone else to have a go at it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

robbie_998 wrote: »
    im grabbing the stud and 2 nuts of them for a tenner regardless.

if you dont mind taking it i'd be over in the morning no problem but i dont mind asking someone else to have a go at it.

Its no bother at all, honestly.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement