Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***ALL OT CHAT HERE***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

Gary ITR wrote: »
    We should organise a boards trackday, we'd need about 40 people to make it work

I may submit my permission slip now..... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Mrs Crilly, our Icecream man hasnt stopped coming all winter.

I think he is a bit.......touched.

Jimdagym wrote: »
    Mrs Crilly, our Icecream man hasnt stopped coming all winter.

I think he is a bit.......touched.

Wow the ice cream man that just keeps giving :p

We are a bit backwards here in Meath things stop for the winter!

mrs crilly wrote: »
    We are a bit backwards here...

Did you not see my location!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

I may submit my permission slip now..... :rolleyes:

Well there'll be no drinking!

Balbriggan isn't Meath!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Dunlop claimed a couple of casualties on Tuesday, an EP3 Civic had to be lifted out, I think there were a couple of others in there too. An EVO X that was freshly imported ended up going off at Honda, poor chap also had gearbox troubles, it's an auto/flappy paddle and refused to shift.

There were lebrichauns on Dunlop on tuesday. Sure, the turbo-charged Civic and the other Evo both died down there engine wise (didn't come off).
    The first and only track day I did a CSL crashed at they tried to lift it with a fork lift but I don't think the forks would fit enough under the car to move it.

Well. The CSL owner did do bomb it all day over his limits.
    MugMugs wrote: »
    Whats the camera Gary ?
    It belongs to Marlow (fecking gent of the highest order) it's a GoPro Hero2 HD, I think.

Aye. GoPro Hero 2 on a suction cup mount. First on the roof, last laps on the right front wing.

/M

Yes North County Dublin!
    Well there'll be no drinking!

Sure all I can do is ask, wouldn't mind I bought a brand new Sparco helmet for my last one and it has never been used since.

Balbriggan isn't Meath!
    Yes North County Dublin!

Yeah, but its backwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

It belongs to Marlow (fecking gent of the highest order) it's a GoPro Hero2 HD, I think.
    Marlow wrote: »
    Aye. GoPro Hero 2 on a suction cup mount. First on the roof, last laps on the right front wing.

REALLY need to get a suction cup for my one. Saw a lad pull a bike up using the suction cups. You'd have no fear of it on the roof !

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    I did a track day in a mates Nissan Silva Turbo he didn't tell me that the rear pads were gone until we were on the way down to Tarzan flat out. Good times barely got it stopped used a little more of the grass than I would normally use!

I was a passenger in an ITCC car a few weeks back, coming down towards 7a we aquaplaned, really bad day and ended up going straight, I think a lesser driver would have had a serious accident.

I only had one wee excursion on Tuesday, load of understeer thanks to taking a **** line into turn 2 and ran wide, other than that I was on the tarmac all day

Sure all I can do is ask, wouldn't mind I bought a brand new Sparco helmet for my last one and it has never been used since.

Ask him next time you're in Aldi
    Yeah, but its backwards.

Can't say I disagree with that

• Advertisement

Ask him next time you're in Aldi

I like your thinking :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

MugMugs wrote: »
    REALLY need to get a suction cup for my one. Saw a lad pull a bike up using the suction cups. You'd have no fear of it on the roof !

You can get chest or helmet straps, too. The suction cup is really good though.

If you're looking for mounts for regular cameras, check out: http://www.cameragrip.co.uk/

Be aware. It's a candy-store. Your creditcard will be heavily abused :)

I have a few different mounts both for the GoPro and for the other cameras. I wouldn't mount my cam-corder on the outside of a car (or motorbike) though.

If the GoPro goes flying, chances are, that only the casing goes bust and they can be bought cheap. Also the GoPro casing is waterproof.

Another good outdoor camera are the Contour cameras.

/M

Yeah, using one for White Water Kayaking. Fantastic piece of kit altogether. have the head strap and chest mount along with an assortment of mounts on my boat / helmet.

The quality of footage from a camera that small while bouncing down a wicklow river is just unbelievable tbh.

Been looking for somewhere to get more mounts though so cheers for the link. Here's to being totally skint in about 10 minutes ! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

It is my sad news to inform you all that I was forced to switch the life support off on my little piece of VAG shyte at 5.05pm due to catastrophic engine failure

johnos1984 wrote: »
    It is my sad news to inform you all that I was forced to switch the life support off on my little piece of VAG shyte at 5.05pm due to catastrophic engine failure

Dead dead proper dead?

Sorry to hear that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

johnos1984 wrote:

RIP.
    Sorry for your loss johnos1984.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Don't be sad John, this just opens an opportunity for you to justify getting a new car :D

Any ideas?

I'd like to thank Nissan Doc and the guys at atlas too.

It has a lot of back pressure. Can't be 100% sure why but it seems we need a new engine........I'm not bothered at this point

It has a lot of back pressure. Can't be 100% sure why but it seems we need a new engine........I'm not bothered at this point

Balls

On another note, my mother is one of those Dubs that has a mobile on the beach for the summer weekends, it's been broken into a few times already and was done again this week. Today a Garda Forensic team turned up and found two people in the bed asleep!

Feck :(
    That's desperate, thought you were out of the woods after the last investment in her, no luck at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Selling it as is? Or are you going to drop an engine into it?

Sorry to hear it anyway, it shouldn't be packing in at that sort of mileage.

I trust you captured the moment and tried to sell it The Doc. "Not a bother on her ND.... Never a days bother... * intermittent tyre kicking*

Seriously though.... That's uncool. Sorry for your loss lad. Never a nice feeling having a dog constantly fail on you and cost you so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Passed mondello twice today, would have loved another couple of laps this wk lol.

Ah johnos sorry to hear that but sure perfect excuse for something new! :p

I'm out to mondello next Saturday! Can't wait and hopefully have some new wheels by then

I'm out to mondello next Saturday! Can't wait and hopefully have some new wheels by then

You in the race school? Or doing something else?

You in the race school? Or doing something else?
    Beginners Mazda 3 I think. Should be a bit of fun. I need to fall in love with cars again and this will be my chance

That's a great day out, I did those days a couple of times, I might go over and throw rocks at ya

Bought the synthetic chamois in Aldi. Anybody any idea what they're like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Sorry to hear John. I know this isnt very helpful but you should have listened to me when I told you to get rid of it before. I hope you get sorted now and start fresh with something that will bring you some good luck..

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement