Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***ALL OT CHAT HERE***

Options

Comments

-Corkie- wrote: »
    ............... I know this isnt very helpful but you should have listened to me when I told you to get rid of it before. .............

Ah to be fair now Corkie I'd reckon that's most helpful altogether :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Gary ITR wrote: »
    Today a Garda Forensic team turned up and found two people in the bed asleep!

Hah. At least they immidiatly found whoever did it :) Could have been fun, if they had caught them in "the" act :D

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

Tonik Radio

Radiotherapy with Danny Finnegan

Heaven

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

If anybody is interested you can listen online www.tonikradio.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Marlow wrote: »
    Hah. At least they immidiatly found whoever did it :) Could have been fun, if they had caught them in "the" act :D

/M

From what I'm being told later... they did catch them in 'the' act. I think I shall burn that bed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

RoverJames wrote: »
    Ah to be fair now Corkie I'd reckon that's most helpful altogether :pac:

Ah well fools advice and all that...:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

-Corkie- wrote: »
    Sorry to hear John. I know this isnt very helpful but you should have listened to me when I told you to get rid of it before. I hope you get sorted now and start fresh with something that will bring you some good luck..
    Nothing like I told you so lol

I was delayed by talk of the promised land.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

johnos1984 wrote: »
    I'd like to thank Nissan Doc and the guys at atlas too.

It has a lot of back pressure. Can't be 100% sure why but it seems we need a new engine........I'm not bothered at this point

I didn't get a look at it until late in the day so I couldn't do any in depth diagnosis but at a glance, the were combustion/exhaust gasses coming straight out of the oil cap and back through the breather system and into the air filter housing.

Has to be, at the very best, failed piston rings/ring lands and at worse a piston/cylinder bore issue.

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭Johntegr

Well there'll be no drinking!

Balbriggan isn't Meath!
    May aswell be tbh!
    Balls

On another note, my mother is one of those Dubs that has a mobile on the beach for the summer weekends, it's been broken into a few times already and was done again this week. Today a Garda Forensic team turned up and found two people in the bed asleep!

:D
    From what I'm being told later... they did catch them in 'the' act. I think I shall burn that bed
    Sell it to them. If they buy it tell them you wont press charges. Win?

In other news, I had to drive to Galway today to get a new bootlid because DPD decided to smash the other one sent to me.

Unfortunately the one sent to me was the last one in white with a wiper, so I had to choose between a red one with a wiper or a white one without a wiper.

Also, I got a sneak peak at a new car that might be entering the ITCC very very soon!

Johntegr wrote: »
    Also, I got a sneak peak at a new car that might be entering the ITCC very very soon!

Do tell...

You get the lid fitted?

Johntegr wrote: »
    Unfortunately the one sent to me was the last one in white with a wiper, so I had to choose between a red one with a wiper or a white one without a wiper.

Get whatever is cheaper and let the autoglass company fit in into your bootlid. Where's the problem ? There is no issue removing the window from one bootlid and fit it to another.

/M

• Advertisement

Get whatever is cheaper and let the autoglass company fit in into your bootlid. Where's the problem ?

/M

Clearly you've never needed glass for a TypeR Honda before....

The previous owner of John's car was waiting over 6 months for a front screen

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

The gtv passed everything bar a worn wishbone in the NCT today

Happy days :D

Clearly you haven't read my post. I said, take the bootlid, that he got from the breaker (which ever of them was cheaper. The one with or without whiper). Let the autoglass company remove it from that, refit it to the bootlid that IS in the car.

Color of the bootlid or the fact if it has whiper or not doesn't mean a thing then anymore.

I've done it. With the M5. Remove rear glass, cut quarter panel out, weld new quarter panel in, paint, refit same rear glass.

I have factory privacy glass in the M5. It's an equal pain and equal costly to get your fingers on.

/M

Clearly you haven't read my post. I said, take the bootlid, that he got from the breaker (which ever of them was cheaper. The one with or without whiper). Let the autoglass company remove it from that, refit it to the bootlid that IS in the car.

Color of the bootlid or the fact if it has whiper or not doesn't mean a thing then anymore.

I've done it. With the M5. Remove rear glass, cut quarter panel out, weld new quarter panel in, paint, refit same rear glass.

I have factory privacy glass in the M5. It's an equal pain and equal costly to get your fingers on.

/M

LOL sorry Marlow, I bow to your soberness...

LOL sorry Marlow, I bow to your soberness...

You asume wrong :) I'm past the first six pack.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

You asume wrong :) I'm past the first six pack.

/M

Bloody Danes!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

its still snowing iin this fcuking tip!!!! :mad:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

dgt wrote: »

You need to live somewhere with a more moderate climate?

I'd like to thank Nissan Doc and the guys at atlas too.

It has a lot of back pressure. Can't be 100% sure why but it seems we need a new engine........I'm not bothered at this point

I didn't get a look at it until late in the day so I couldn't do any in depth diagnosis but at a glance, the were combustion/exhaust gasses coming straight out of the oil cap and back through the breather system and into the air filter housing.

Has to be, at the very best, failed piston rings/ring lands and at worse a piston/cylinder bore issue.

:(
    A1 for service given that it's a busy garage. Lots if vintage and modern cars there too which is always a good sign.

I'm happy that I finally have an answer tbh. It could have been worse and written off in a crash.

It's just a lump of metal at the end of the day...........and I've sold it........

A1 for service given that it's a busy garage. Lots if vintage and modern cars there too which is always a good sign.

I'm happy that I finally have an answer tbh. It could have been worse and written off in a crash.

It's just a lump of metal at the end of the day...........and I've sold it........

And what are you buying next?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

A pretty sh1t lump of metal if you ask me... :D

I joke...

166man wrote: »
    A pretty sh1t lump of metal if you ask me... :D

I joke...

I'd a golf and then a bora in 1999/2000

Can't help but think they've gone down in reliabilty since then, they were right workhorses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

It's rare enough that a 1.9 dies like that tbh, and after the work done I'd be chasing the mechanic for answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,958 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

dgt wrote: »

Where do you live?

Quazzie wrote: »
    Where do you live?

Tip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

EPM wrote: »
    It's rare enough that a 1.9 dies like that tbh, and after the work done I'd be chasing the mechanic for answers.

Was there previous engine work done?

Was there previous engine work done?

He spent a fortune a couple of months ago on the car:(

Right, it's a nice morning so I am going to get the car washed and replace all the front bulbs with nightbreaker pluses!

Also found original xenons online if I'm not happy with the results! Although I might do without the washers as that would cost a fortune to retrofit.

@vectra

I remember you saying about a grey vrs taxi in Cork. Saw it there, that was for sale not so long ago too. Bad choice for that work tbh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭Johntegr

Do tell...

You get the lid fitted?
    Well I dunno what it weighs, but I was able to push it with 2 fingers and all that's left is the engine work, suspension and the seat. Cage and seam welding is all in.

The lads said it'll be either a K20 or a B18 with massive internals.
    Get whatever is cheaper and let the autoglass company fit in into your bootlid. Where's the problem ? There is no issue removing the window from one bootlid and fit it to another.

/M

Lol. Never thought of this! Ah well, I've only lost a wiper! Plus the boot I got rid of had fake TypeR badges and a crappy silver Honda badge. This boot has genuine badges and a red honda badge. :D

Rear screen was going to be 2 and a half months and €1600 :eek:
    LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Let me guess its a Jap tin can :pac:

Tis indeed. :D

/M

Damn you and your wisdom!

• Advertisement

I'm so hungover

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement