Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***ALL OT CHAT HERE***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭Johntegr

Is she a blow-up girlfriend? :P
    Yep. Imported aswell. :D
    Jemmy wrote: »
    Feic it anyway forgot that was on this morning was wide awake at 8am & was dying for something to do this morning. Ah well

Ditto.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Didn't make it. Was out with a friend down Wicklah' last night and had planned on stopping in on my way back but ended up going shooting this morning up in Roundwood. Was a nice few V8's there anyhow I hear! :)

Quite a bit of American Muscle there this morning, myself and the other fella arrived in an MRS with the roof down, we looked like a right pair of poofs lol

Gary ITR wrote: »
    Quite a bit of American Muscle there this morning, myself and the other fella arrived in an MRS with the roof down, we looked like a right pair of poofs lol
    Were yas wearing shades?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Johntegr wrote: »
    Were yas wearing shades?

Coz their future's so bright?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Didn't make it. Was out with a friend down Wicklah' last night and had planned on stopping in on my way back but ended up going shooting this morning up in Roundwood. Was a nice few V8's there anyhow I hear! :)

Aye. The Cherrywood C&C grows bigger everytime. When you have some american muscle, a R35 GT-R, a Triumph Stag, a Ford Consul, a couple BMWs, some Alfas etc. all parked besides eachother then it really becomes an interesting mix.

And it was black Ferrari day :) .. 2 of'em, one of'em a Spider, both in black, turned up.

/M

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

:(

8b39a.jpg

87303.jpg

c261c.jpg

The aftermath of the incident earlier... I got off easy tbh, not a mark on the bumper or the sideskirts, the underbody was untouched other than a slight scratch on a control arm and not a mark on the sump thank god. Tracking seems fine too, will get it up on a lift next weekend and have a good look.

The rim that suffered the most damage (pictured) is a replica so its probably not worth getting straightened out. Ill try and pick up an oem mv2 for the front and 4 more new tyres.. Thought i'd get more than 1000 miles out of them :D

Many years ago when I was young and foolish I was racing a friend in a scooby in my 325 and I took a 90 corner way too fast and slid sideways in to the curb and broke my rear driveshaft as well as bending a wheel practically in half. Thankfully that was all the damage that was done! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

Many years ago when I was young and foolish I was racing a friend in a scooby in my 325 and I took a 90 corner way too fast and slid sideways in to the curb and broke my rear driveshaft as well as bending a wheel practically in half. Thankfully that was all the damage that was done! :o

And not forgetting the huge dent in your pride.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

I was only doing about 50k, I actually hit the inside kerb when the arse slid out and not the outside kerb, If i was doing about 90k I would have hit the outside kerb!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Having been in the netherlands the past week i have noticed a huge amount of big engined petrols here. Normal everyday cars all seem to have 1.8- 2ltrs in them. Not a 1.4 in sight. All mondeos, passats etc have sat nav built in and specced to the max! Seeing as how it was so cold recently there is loads of very nice top spec 3er and 5ers etc. with steelies. Nearly everyone is on winters.

Today i saw a tesla, a v12 tdi q7, a hot pink 500, couple of 740i , 650i galore, 2 r8s and an essesse grande punto.
    Even everyday cars like passats look amazing with the spec they have here

• Advertisement

Were yas wearing shades?

Yes.....

mrs crilly wrote: »
    And not forgetting the huge dent in your pride.

As much as I hate to admit it Jap scrap is cheap, reliable and easily tuned.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Having been in the netherlands the past week i have noticed a huge amount of big engined petrols here. Normal everyday cars all seem to have 1.8- 2ltrs in them. Not a 1.4 in sight. All mondeos, passats etc have sat nav built in and specced to the max! Seeing as how it was so cold recently there is loads of very nice top spec 3er and 5ers etc. with steelies. Nearly everyone is on winters.

Today i saw a tesla, a v12 tdi q7, a hot pink 500, couple of 740i , 650i galore, 2 r8s and an essesse grande punto.
    Even everyday cars like passats look amazing with the spec they have here

You sound surprised to see that paddy spec is a real thing :P

As much as I hate to admit it Jap scrap is cheap, reliable and easily tuned.

I thought that, turns out getting power out of Jap stuff is more expensive than the German rubbish

Adding exhausts, airboxes, cams etc requires a map to make power, to map my car it cost €1200, add the hardware to that and then you're talking €€€

conzymaher wrote: »
    I was only doing about 50k, I actually hit the inside kerb when the arse slid out and not the outside kerb, If i was doing about 90k I would have hit the outside kerb!

If anyone knows the roundabout on Barton road just before you hit Dundrum that's a great spot for de-activating the traction control and getting a little sideways action in the wet. Plenty wide too so not too much fear of hitting the curb. :)

I thought that, turns out getting power out of Jap stuff is more expensive than the German rubbish

Adding exhausts, airboxes, cams etc requires a map to make power, to map my car it cost €1200, add the hardware to that and then you're talking €€€

I've no real knowledge of tuning but I reckon the bang for your buck would be a whole lot better from Jap than Jerry or Yankie.

Yes.....

LOL!

Buddyclub Exhaust €700, ITG Maxogen (Yes, actually found one!) £300 without P/P. Buddyclub Supercharger £1500.

I need to start doing the lotto!

Actually, not all Jap is costly to tune. That's why for example Silvia's are so popular.

Also, some of the german stuff, you have to spend serious money too.

My backboxes are 3.5k alone from new, for the pair. If you can get them these days, that is.

/M

I've no real knowledge of tuning but I reckon the bang for your buck would be a whole lot better from Jap than Jerry or Yankie.

Jerry wins the bang for buck imo.... Mainly due to the mappable ECUs
    LOL!

Buddyclub Exhaust €700, ITG Maxogen (Yes, actually found one!) £300 without P/P. Buddyclub Supercharger £1500.

Forget the charger, your car was quicker around Mondello than the Turbo'd DC5. Buddyclub UK tried boosting their racecar and the NA was quicker round the track due to having to limit the gearing so much due to traction issues

LOL!

Would it not be a better idea to just buy a powerful car in the first place? At least all you'll have to do for more power, if you want, is a remap.

• Advertisement

Forget the charger, your car was quicker around Mondello than the Turbo'd DC5. Buddyclub UK tried boosting their racecar and the NA was quicker round the track due to having to limit the gearing so much due to traction issues

Aye. Power is no use to you, if you can't put it on the road.

/M

Jerry wins the bang for buck imo.... Mainly due to the mappable ECUs

OK, oversized internals it is so!
    Would it not be a better idea to just buy a powerful car in the first place? At least all you'll have to do for more power, if you want, is a remap.
    LOLWUT? :D

Yeh it would be cheaper alright. TBH I nearly bought a Nismo 350z before buying the DC5.

But my plans for the DC5 are a marathon rather than a sprint.

Absolutely no fun in doing that whatsoever

conzymaher wrote: »

... only about 50k in the wet around a corner :)

Absolutely no fun in doing that whatsoever

No hassle or extra expense either ;)

Well if a boring life is your thing

Actually. Not quite right.

If you buy a car, that is powerful from factory .. fair enough. Often comes with a massive price tag.

If you buy a car, that has been modified by somebody else, you can't be sure how well things have been put together.

By doing your own modifications, you basically put the car together fitting your own preferences and budget.

/M

A lot to be said for that IMO. If buying a car for track days I would more likely buy a Supra than an Integra for example. And if you want to tune it you're going to get lots, lots more out of it.

I see it this way. Let's say ya pay for a lady of the night, and halfway through in comes her twin, and she tells ya for an extra €50 ya get the two of them. Nice little surprise, isn't it?

Or, you pre-plan on having the 2, and that's all ya get. No upgrades.

• Advertisement

OK, oversized internals it is so!

Oh they went K24 too, and ended up back at a K20 :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement