Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***ALL OT CHAT HERE***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

MugMugs wrote: »
    He salvaged the car seat, laptop and some Corn Flakes

Her certainly has some odd priorities :)

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Marlow wrote: »
    Her certainly has some odd priorities :)

/M

Yeah.... Asked him about the Corn Flakes. His response, "Most important meal of the day and I was on the way to work!"

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

Yeah.... Asked him about the Corn Flakes. His response, "Most important meal of the day and I was on the way to work!"

:confused:

I probably would have saved the food as well :o

How did his car self combust :confused:

mrs crilly wrote: »
    I probably would have saved the food as well :o

How did his car self combust :confused:

No idea..... Think this was the reason :D
    alfa_romeo_logo.jpg

This is the funniest thing I have ever seen :D:D:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ5LpwO-An4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

• Advertisement

Wtf did you even search for to find that?????

No idea..... Think this was the reason :D

Actually. That looks like fuel leak from a fuel line or the fuel tank and dripping on the exhaust pipe, then the car going on fire, since the fire started in the back.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Could only stomach 30 secs then I had to stop - what am I missing?:confused:

Wtf did you even search for to find that?????

It was on the Damo & Ivor page on Facebook, priceless :D
    Actually. That looks like fuel leak from a fuel line or the fuel tank and dripping on the exhaust pipe, then the car going on fire, since the fire started in the back.

/M

Eeeeeeek that's scary :eek:

/M

Heard of that before once. Not cool. I'm kind of glad for him tbh. A car so problematic and to go in the manner in which it did he may put some thought into the next one he puts his son in the back of :)

• Advertisement

Eeeeeeek that's scary :eek:

Either that or cable fire.
    Heard of that before once. Not cool. I'm kind of glad for him tbh. A car so problematic and to go in the manner in which it did he may put some thought into the next one he puts his son in the back of :)

The fuel leak from the tank can happen to a lot of'em. My 23yr old Audi has that problem. Feckin' steel tank. Have to replace it.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

I find these kind of videos fascinating, WW2 Russian and German tanks being pulled from bogs around eastern Europe:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvveoQRVBxY

Either that or cable fire.
    The fuel leak from the tank can happen to a lot of'em. My 23yr old Audi has that problem. Feckin' steel tank. Have to replace it.

/M

Now I am freaking out :(

Now I am freaking out :(

Relax. Not sure about your yoke. If it has a plastic tank, you've nothing to worry about. Besides that, your car hasn't lived in Scotland for 10 years of it's life.

Japan and Ireland were practically salt free .. well .. Ireland until recently. Not even sure if it has a steel tank.

Worst case get one of the lads in Scullys to have a look at it at some point .. for ease of mind.

/M

Relax. Not sure about your yoke. If it has a plastic tank, you've nothing to worry about. Besides that, your car hasn't lived in Scotland for 10 years of it's life.

Japan and Ireland were practically salt free .. well .. Ireland until recently. Not even sure if it has a steel tank.

Worst case get one of the lads in Scullys to have a look at it at some point .. for ease of mind.

/M

Well it has been smelling of petrol a bit more than usual on start up, it's going to the Doc for a few things to be checked very soon this will be on the list.

Well it has been smelling of petrol a bit more than usual on start up, it's going to the Doc for a few things to be checked very soon this will be on the list.

That smell of petrol is normal for those older BMW engines though. My E34 had that, too. Was a feature of the engines with hydraulic pushrods :)

/M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Long day was long, on the road before 8 and only home now, driving all over the feckin place, thank God for the fuel card :)

Terminator 2, some chicken and chips and that's me done for the night

Gary ITR wrote: »
    Terminator 2, some chicken and chips and that's me done for the night

Hah. I'm watching Beverly Hills Cop II here :) Can't beat the old stuff.

/M

Was a feature of the engines with hydraulic pushrods :)

/M

This is where I smile and look pretty and pretend I know what hydraulic pushrods :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Hah. I'm watching Beverly Hills Cop II here :) Can't beat the old stuff.

/M

Beverly Hills Cop III is one of my favourite films :o

• Advertisement

jenizzle wrote: »
    Beverly Hills Cop III is one of my favourite films :o

You have to watch'em all. Back to back. It makes sense :)

/M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

I have a sexy 2000MY Mazda 323 in Black :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

Which brings me back to a photo a buddy of mine put on Facebook last week. Driving to work, got a few beeps from behind. Pulled in, opened the boot and was met with this. He salvaged the car seat, laptop and some Corn Flakes and left his mates model aircraft which he had borrowed in the car. I asked if he could have got closer to that Renault !
    Apologies for the hooooge image
    421495_392609874087886_100000166297872_1745975_99123840_n.jpg

I used to see that car most mornings on the ballymun road.

I feel for anyone who has their car destroyed like that but I have to be blunt, rarely have I seen someone driving a car so regularly like a complete gob****e...I came across his accident with another car that caused the damage you can see on the front left...I was completely unsurprised.:eek:

I used to see that car most mornings on the ballymun road.

I feel for anyone who has their car destroyed like that but I have to be blunt, rarely have I seen someone driving a car so regularly like a complete gob****e...I came across his accident with another car that caused the damage you can see on the front left...I was completely unsurprised.:eek:

I cannot disagree with anything said there dude.

I still loved the paint job though ! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Ah monday beer night :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

Not too long back in Wickla

One free Mazda 323 with 4 weeks NCT later and all I gotta do is tax it. Great

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Anyone know of a motor factors in Dun Loaghaire? Google didn't show up much!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

draffodx wrote: »
    Anyone know of a motor factors in Dun Loaghaire? Google didn't show up much!

Halfords is only up the road.

EDIT: Ashgrove Interparts, off Kill Lane, Dun Laoghaire. 01 9036860

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Halfords is only up the road.

In Carrickmines? I was hoping for somewhere reachable on foot in the town during lunch. But it looks like its open till 8 tonight anyway so that might do, thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement