Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***ALL OT CHAT HERE***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Gary ITR wrote: »
    I have a car charger already ;) Don't fancy spending €60 or so in PC World (hate them with a passion) on a universal one, I'd rather give somebody here a bit of cash for one :)

If you have a car charger, then maybe all you need is a mains to car adapter :) So that you can use all you car appliances at home :D

/M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

CianRyan wrote: »
    Just got a letter telling me I've made it to the aptitude test stage of getting an apprenticeship with Lufthansa Airmotive. Not exactly working on cars like I was looking for but hey, jets are cool!:D

Fair play, planes are far cooler than cars! I had a choice for a hobby, planes or cars, I know far more about planes but cars are far cheaper and easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

draffodx wrote: »
    Anybody any good at organising and planning things? We're looking for more help with All the Way Round 2012 to try and make it more successful than it was this year, all help and ideas would be greatly appreciated.

How much did Boards themselves contribute to last years event? Would it be possible to get a headliner for even a couple of hours on the top of every forum page?

It would be great to get bucket loads of people interested next year, not just Motors heads but folks from every section of Boards. Seeing as it originated on Boards and got arranged on here, it would be great to get more Boardsies on board!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

im peter and i nearly crashed my mothers car today!!!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Gary ITR wrote: »
    I have a car charger already ;) Don't fancy spending €60 or so in PC World (hate them with a passion) on a universal one, I'd rather give somebody here a bit of cash for one :)

I lasted about 15 seconds with a Maplin universal charger before I threw it into the pond!

They make a really annoying noise

• Advertisement

Less whaccy baccy for you my friend ;)

Confab wrote: »
    Less whaccy baccy for you my friend ;)

no ive been clean for 4 years now never going back :) also i like wearing mittens when driving a car ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Marlow wrote: »
    If you have a car charger, then maybe all you need is a mains to car adapter :) So that you can use all you car appliances at home :D

/M
    Hmmm maybe lol!
    How much did Boards themselves contribute to last years event? Would it be possible to get a headliner for even a couple of hours on the top of every forum page?

It would be great to get bucket loads of people interested next year, not just Motors heads but folks from every section of Boards. Seeing as it originated on Boards and got arranged on here, it would be great to get more Boardsies on board!

They gave us banner ads for the week or so running up to it. TBH this years fell really short because the 3 of us organising had mental things going on. Quazzie was building a house, Donal was under immense pressure in work and I was starting and running my own business.

The numbers involved last year were probably touching on the limit of what we would expect though. 20-30 people is about as much as a hotel would be willing to accept in a group and keeping us together on the road would be a lot tougher with a larger group

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

I lasted about 15 seconds

:eek:

Probably wouldn't be advertising that :pac:

:eek:

Probably wouldn't be advertising that :pac:

It's a problem mmkay!

• Advertisement

It's a problem mmkay!

Just think of baseball bats. An btw 15 seconds IS a problem. Not nearly fast enough from 0-100. I got to 100 today actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

clarksonorchimp1.jpg

Don't insult Jeremy!

Don't insult Jeremy!

I have about 5 of them if people want a slight motoring related laugh

clarksonorchimp2.jpg

clarksonorchimp3.jpg

cool-afro-monkey.jpgtopgear_ferraris.jpg

clarkson-550x315.jpgimagesCA59V6ID.jpg

3IRzy.jpg

Jeremy-Clarkson-in-Top-Ge-004.jpgchimp.jpg

clarksonorchimp4.jpg

johnos1984 wrote: »
    I have exactly 5 of them if people want a slight motoring related laugh

i counted 7 :confused:

i counted 7 :confused:
    You misquoted me and also changed the quote?????????????

Whats the problem?

johnos1984 wrote: »
    I miscounted.

Don't worry yourself about it you've probably had a bi too much to smoke tonight

Or Canto Bianco, which is quite tastey.

Or Canto Bianco, which is quite tastey.

Stealth edit fail :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Pics ot GTFO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

EPM wrote: »
    Pics ot GTFO.

Of his mother?

Of his mother?

I read it as crashed!

But if she's a milf:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Anymore news on this meet after christmas?

Anymore news on this meet after christmas?

It will be happening, and they will be a lot more regular.

The plan is to get some regular meets going (something like coffee and cars) and hopefully some big ones every so often too if we can get some nice metal in one place.

Could have an impromptu Cork on Saturday if people were up for it! I'm only about sat morning until lunchtime though.

Id be up for it but im working 9-4 of course. Saturday night meet, by spar in little island :D

Id be up for it but im working 9-4 of course. Saturday night meet, by spar in little island :D

By Costa - job done!

Wait wait wait.....is that in the same estate? Owen vectra epm ww2****** roverjames.....ah yeah grand job

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

I'm sick of this driving 'normal' car ****e. In Febuary I'm buying something decent, well something quick and cheap, possibly another DC2. I'll turn the Focus into a van I think

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Thought it wouldn't have taken this long tbh :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Cosmo K

I tested a 05 3.0 Phaeton yesterday, fine car, really liked it, passed the test with flying colours. I'm just curios, how many did they actually sell in Ireland? Is there a way to find out, how many of them are registered here atm?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement