Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***ALL OT CHAT HERE***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,336 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Minis are great, but i could never own one. if i get a wife i will buy one, put it in her name and have the "ah it's the wifes" excuse.

I'm lost; why do you need an excuse? Maybe it's just a London thing but half the guys I know have or have had Minis (all Cooper S or JCW) and many have multiples. In fact I know 2 guys who've gone Mini - 911 - Mini and Mini - 911 - GT-R - Mini. te gu next to me in the office ad a 911Turbo and a JCW convertible which he alternated.

Is it a Limerick thing?

johnos1984 wrote: »
    Marcusm I'm just not a Mini man.

Nothing wrong with them, I've driven them loads and they are a ball of fun but not a car I ever see myself owning

I'll stop evangelising so but please promise that you're not going to come on here in 4 weeks complaining that the Eco-Mondeo is even worse than the Pieceof**** you've just got rid of as then I'd have to put you on ignore and some of your posts are interesting.

I'd drive a classic Mini happily, I don't like the modern ones. If I was a very wealthy chap and could afford a 911 I wouldn't mind a JCW though for when the mood took me (wouldn't like a convertible one though) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

They're too stiff, too open spaced and the the ones i've been in have had pretty crap interiors compare to the likes of the TT.

The Cooper S absolutely drinks fuel, too. Also the boot is tiny.

They're really a girls car for nipping around town but even at that you wouldn't want to be carrying much. Perfect replacement for my mother, i think she's mad changing from the TT, don't know what's gotten into her.

i even put off putting her add on donedeal for for once in her life she combined everything i thought her computers wise and put the add up herself :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

Marcusm wrote: »
    I'll stop evangelising so but please promise that you're not going to come on here in 4 weeks complaining that the Eco-Mondeo is even worse than the Pieceof**** you've just got rid of as then I'd have to put you on ignore and some of your posts are interesting.
    The eco-Mondog is now officially off the menu :)

Mr.Johnos needs something to impress the ladies with

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

As you have a German fetish.....what about one of my favourite German cars(yes I do have one) an E39 M5?

You only live once...:P

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Good man johnos! You and everbody else knows that your heart wants a hot hatch or something petrol with a nice bit of power and a bit of luxury... But your sensible tweed wearing old fart side wants a diesel!

You should get a nice clean E46 M3 with leather sports seats and be done with it! :D

conzymaher wrote: »
    You should get a nice clean E46 M3 with leather sports seats and be done with it! :D

Fools game, a basic 3 series coupe with alloys would do the same thing!

Golf estate diesel, not so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

RoverJames wrote: »
    That seems very strange :)
    By definition a rental property would always be subject to the NPPR charge as if it's rented out the owner can't have it as their principal residence. The owner pays the NPPR charge, not the tenant.

I have my apartment rented out via the rental accommodation scheme with Meath County Council so i was not liable for the charge until they changed some poxy household law last year. Any apartments given to the council for that scheme had their charge waived.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

All this talk of JCWs, mine came up for sale yesterday. Still in my opinion the highest spec one around by far, it had every factory option, every JCW option (Leather dashboard for 1k, seats for 4k, CF spoiler 700, and on and on and on), 6 piston wilwood 320mm drilled and slotted brakes, Harman Kardon sound system, you name it. Poured 52k into that monster, and it's for sale in Dublin at 11,500 now. Can't stretch to it this time, but maybe I will be able to the next time it's for sale, always regret selling that car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

52k...

The eco-Mondog is now officially off the menu :)

Does the girlfriend know and approve that strategy?

Owen wrote: »
    All this talk of JCWs, mine came up for sale yesterday. Still in my opinion the highest spec one around by far, it had every factory option, every JCW option (Leather dashboard for 1k, seats for 4k, CF spoiler 700, and on and on and on), 6 piston wilwood 320mm drilled and slotted brakes, Harman Kardon sound system, you name it. Poured 52k into that monster, and it's for sale in Dublin at 11,500 now. Can't stretch to it this time, but maybe I will be able to the next time it's for sale, always regret selling that car.

Where?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

52k...
    thats madness for a mini. JCW or not.

shblob wrote: »
    thats madness for a mini. JCW or not.

Its a bit steep alright and would never have an issue with splashing the cash on mods for a car if i had it. But not sure i could justify an amount that size but if you have it to spend then sure who am i to judge.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Jesus H Johno,

Last evening it was 'No VAGs' and a couple of hours later a GTi and a TT are top of the list!

'I used to be indecisive but then I changed my mind' :eek::cool::p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

Her attempt at a donedeal add, very crap.

She wouldn't wait for me to take pics!

Probably because you would have charged her to take them and write the ad.:D

Probably because you would have charged her to take them and write the ad.:D

My time isn't free :P

@Owen, you spent 52k of your own money on that high spec of a mini? Must of lost 30%-40% percent in the first year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

****ing hell. Fair play to you, I'd rather buy a microlight and run it for a few years for that much wodge.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,959 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

You could run a ML for a lot less than €52k Confab. What has you into microlights?

• Advertisement

I spent about 15 months building it. Was featured in a few magazines, won some awards at the International MINI United Festival.

At the time I was working for MINI and wanted to build the ultimate JCW to have and enjoy. Built it, and ended up only putting about 3k miles on it over 3 years, so couldn't justify hanging on to it at the time. Great fun though, the supercharger whine was awesome with the JCW airbox and exhaust farting and popping every time you took your foot off the throttle. There's a build thread here if anyone wants to take a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I spent about 15 months building it. Was featured in a few magazines, won some awards at the International MINI United Festival.

At the time I was working for MINI and wanted to build the ultimate JCW to have and enjoy. Built it, and ended up only putting about 3k miles on it over 3 years, so couldn't justify hanging on to it at the time. Great fun though, the supercharger whine was awesome with the JCW airbox and exhaust farting and popping every time you took your foot off the throttle. There's a build thread here if anyone wants to take a look.

Where's the new for sale ad?

Bah, can't find it now, it was supposedly on Carzone, but it's not there now, and not on donedeal either. Got a phone call from the seller yesterday asking if I wanted to buy it, so I assume it'll go back online shortly.

210Bhp, but a quick remap'll take that to 220. Putting on a Maniflow manifold'll take it closer to 240 then. There's a guy I know in the states getting 600bhp from the 1.6.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Just had a quick look through the project thread. Serious work there. Fair fox to you.

Modified cars usually never can be measured in the cash thrown into them. It's the enjoyment that you get out of them that counts.

/M

Just watching a programme I had taped here on Discovery about Costa Concordia.

My god would you ever get on a cruise after watching that :eek:
    I was never a fan of cruises, this programme has just confirmed my feelings.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

mrs crilly wrote: »
    Just watching a programme I had taped here on Discovery about Costa Concordia.

My god would you ever get on a cruise after watching that :eek:
    I was never a fan of cruises, this programme has just confirmed my feelings.

You on the doss today Crilly? :)

One of their other fleet had no power for a couple of days recently down near the Seychelles. I'm not a big fan of water, prefer to be on terra firma and Costa Crociere are not inspiring confidence in me at all.

What would you do all day on a cruise ship anyhow bar sun yourself and go on the beer? Much prefer to do a road trip! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

MCMLXXV wrote: »

What would you do all day on a cruise ship anyhow bar sun yourself and go on the beer?

Do you REALLY want an answer to that? :D :pac:

What would you do all day on a cruise ship anyhow bar sun yourself and go on the beer? ..........

Do they have on board strip clubs ?

• Advertisement

You on the doss today Crilly? :)

One of their other fleet had no power for a couple of days recently down near the Seychelles. I'm not a big fan of water, prefer to be on terra firma and Costa Crociere are not inspiring confidence in me at all.

What would you do all day on a cruise ship anyhow bar sun yourself and go on the beer? Much prefer to do a road trip! :cool:

Sick, ear infection was at the docs this morning :(

I am a sun worshipper my holidays involve sun bathing all day, drinking bucket loads and eating rings around myself but I like to do it all on land thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement