Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***ALL OT CHAT HERE***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

Ah here, no need to be so jealous of his expertise; I'm sure he'll give you some (written) tips if you ask nicely!

:p

I can make a video guide if anyone is interested?

Or maybe a STICKY THREAD with PICTURES?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

johnos1984 wrote: »
    I can make a video guide if anyone is interested?

Or maybe a STICKY THREAD with PICTURES?

Its will be sticky alright.

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Who was it said they were down in Mondello on Saturday doing the school. I`m working on the day

MISE.

I'm on at 12 with the basic Mazda3 pack:)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Speaking from experience impotentnohorn? :P
    Nah, SelbstbefriedigungMeister, I think I may have figured it out before him tbh! :p

(Bloody hell, but German really believes in piling in the syllables!! There has to be a less unwieldy version surely?!)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Who was it said they were down in Mondello on Saturday doing the school. I`m working on the day

Nice Ice Breaker there..... Think we were all a bit too scared to comment.... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Nah, SelbstbefriedigungMeister, I think I may have figured it out before him tbh! :p

(Bloody hell, but German really believes in piling in the syllables!! There has to be a less unwieldy version surely?!)

Yup! Onanierer!

Discovery channel 520 now Megafactories on the Guinness factory.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

mrs crilly wrote: »

I wish they did more of the car factories. I find it seriously interesting to see how a car is built!

I wish they did more of the car factories. I find it seriously interesting to see how a car is built!

Yeah i watched a Porsche and bmw one it was class! You really dont appreciate all the work that can go into a small can of beer though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Yeah i watched a Porsche and bmw one it was class! You really dont appreciate all the work that can go into a small can of beer though!

No, but there's usually a serious amount of work after a few pints of Guinness though, usually while on the jacks!

• Advertisement

No!

They don't appreciate the work that goes into drinking a small can of beer.

Man has to:
    1. Get up and go to Fridge
    2. Come back to couch and sit back down
    3. Open can of beer
    4. Drink can of beer
    5. Repeat step 1
    6. Go to pub
    7. Dance like a dick
    8. Score woman
    9. Get woman home
    10. Put on Hi Vis vest and check validitiy of HGV licence and begin to operate woman
    11. Roll over
    12. Sleep
    13. Wake up
    14. Try remove woman from house without waking
    15. Fail and listen to "you used me" for a few minutes while woman dresses
    16. Repeat step 1 and think of the night past

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Repeated now on Nat Geo channel 527

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

cadaliac wrote: »
    Repeated now on Nat Geo channel 527

Cheers for that, has the added bonus of getting to see how Ireland and Irish come across.

How much for a cheap yet detailed car history report?

I've always used motorcheck but just want to make sure it's still good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

How much for a cheap yet detailed car history report?

I've always used motorcheck but just want to make sure it's still good.

Pm Motorcheck and he might do it for gratis if the humour is good. His name is Shane btw...

-Corkie- wrote: »
    Pm Motorcheck and he might do it for gratis if the humour is good. His name is Shane btw...
    I've sent him a PM alright.

TBH I always use Motorcheck but just wanted to check if there had been any major updates in the world of motor vehicle updates :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭Johntegr

There is no mainstream car I like and I'm convinced anything I buy will fall apart anyway
    Nope, he should just buy a Honda.
    I second this.
    1k RPM no torque
    2k RPM no torque
    3k RPM no torque
    4k RPM no torque
    5k RPM no torque
    6k RPM no torque
    7k RPM some torque
    8k RPM their we go

:pac:
    Your Honda must be broken. :D
    Tea 1000 wrote: »
    I'm looking for sympathy, not advice! :p
    Here ya go.
    Marlow wrote: »
    I don't the dealer has a remote idea of what he's actually selling.

But again, dealers usually don't have a freakin' clue anyhow.

And I guess keepin the discription as generic as possible is one way of ensuring to attract the most amount of customers possible.

/M
    Owen wrote: »
    The ad doesn't even go into detail on what's fitted. The interior of that car is far more special than the exterior. The dashboard had every plastic piece removed and replaced by leather covered original JCW stamped parts in black leather with red stitching - that cost 1k alone, the steering wheel is the smaller fatter JCW version, 800 Euro for that, there's a JCW RPM shift indicator which you can program to tell you when to change gear ... and on and on ... crap, really starting to miss it now. Mods, lock the thread for the love of Jehovah!!

I know Jim. I'll send him a link to the build thread etc and let him know what a specimen he has. Might end up keeping it himself!

MugMugs wrote: »
    No!

They don't appreciate the work that goes into drinking a small can of beer.

Man has to:
    1. Get up and go to Fridge
    2. Come back to couch and sit back down
    3. Open can of beer
    4. Drink can of beer
    5. Repeat step 1
    6. Go to pub
    7. Dance like a dick
    8. Score woman
    9. Get woman home
    10. Put on Hi Vis vest and check validitiy of HGV licence and begin to operate woman
    11. Roll over
    12. Sleep
    13. Wake up
    14. Try remove woman from house without waking
    15. Fail and listen to "you used me" for a few minutes while woman dresses
    16. Repeat step 1 and think of the night past

Well if you invested in a wife you might be able to cut out some of the waste in that process that you just described. But not me cos id still tell ya to go the fridge and get your own beer and top up mine while your at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭Johntegr

Well if you invested in a wife you might be able to cut out some of the waste in that process that you just described. But not me cos id still tell ya to go the fridge and get your own beer and top up mine while your at it.
    Wives are investments? Thought that only works if she's minted before ye get married? :D

A quick question:

If I got a bus to Naas on Saturday morning is it difficult to get to Mondello?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

That's right up there with the banks or building trade these days for the fastest ways to loose your investment:P

I've done some REALLY stupid sh1t in my life, but marriage? Aha ! Ahahahahaha!

You're a funny lady!!! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

A quick question:

If I got a bus to Naas on Saturday morning is it difficult to get to Mondello?

If I'm around I've no problem picking you up and dropping you over.

If I'm around I've no problem picking you up and dropping you over.
    I might hold you to that. I'll PM you tomorrow night with the definitive answer :)

I'm going to arrange to view a car tomorrow evening and would need my insurance transferred over to drive it home Saturday evening if I buy it :)

It's in Swords so I'll have to get to there after Mondello

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

a) you are occupied already
    b) I thought it was Bulmers .. or have you given up on that one ?

:p

/M

So am I right now. Where is it? I can "suss" it out for ya!! :pac:

What you looking at John ?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Johntegr wrote: »
    Wives are investments? Thought that only works if she's minted before ye get married? :D

Nah not if you train her right. I'm not even married and he's fooled me into bringing him breakfast in bed on workdays cos "I wake him up hours before he needs too"

That is true, so I quieten him with coffee and brioche.

Dunno why I still make his lunch and dinner tho!
    I might hold you to that. I'll PM you tomorrow night with the definitive answer :)

I'm going to arrange to view a car tomorrow evening and would need my insurance transferred over to drive it home Saturday evening if I buy it :)

So am I right now. Where is it? I can "suss" it out for ya!! :pac:

Are you one of the hordes of alfisti around Swords?

My poxy car has two chuffing wishbones, and the nct didn't mark which one was faulty, that is two on the passenger side

Tossers

What appears in the ad to be a minty fresh 04 MKIV Golf GTI

I have to call and arrange a viewing, I spoke to the owner earlier today so I don't think it will be a problem.

Only issue is I'd be paying by cheque so I need to see if they are happy with that, otherwise it'll have to wait

Stheno wrote: »
    Are you one of the hordes of alfisti around Swords?
    Nah I've wised up

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

What appears in the ad to be a minty fresh 04 MKIV Golf GTI

I have to call and arrange a viewing, I spoke to the owner earlier today so I don't think it will be a problem.

Only issue is I'd be paying by cheque so I need to see if they are happy with that, otherwise it'll have to wait

Get MM to do one first :)

For some unknown reason I read into the post that you were looking at an alfa, hence my post earlier :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement