Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***ALL OT CHAT HERE***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

At least i'm not the only cyclist around these parts:D

Add me in, I'd cycle a 33 mile round trip 2-3 days a week. Saves me 20-25 euro a week.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

BX 19 wrote: »
    Add me in, I'd cycle a 33 mile round trip 2-3 days a week. Saves me 20-25 euro a week.

Is that for work?

I couldn't cope with the aftermath of how I'd look, think Wurzel Gummidge covered in sweat, no shower could restore me to acceptable human appearance levels :(

Thanks for all the chat/advice guys, much appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

qz wrote: »
    (re: Owen's 52k Mini)

Here's the ad again. It's in Loughlinstown: http://www.carzone.ie/search/MINI/Cooper/1.6-SPOR/2013279284490890/advert?channel=CARS
    Stheno wrote: »
    I'm the same about post 04 VAGs was lucky enough to have a 99 golf and 00 bora when they came out, then I drove my mothers 1.4 Octavia, put me off them for life.

They just lost the plot. Audis completely went off for me with the change to A4/A6 instead of Audi 80/100/200. I do own a Audi 200 Quattro Avant though :) Proper job. On the VW side they lost the plot after the Mk4 Golf or the T4 Caravelle/Transporter.
    Those accords are lovely, he'd really enjoy it. so it's deffo a plan, thank you Motors/Marlow, I was a bit lost for ideas :)

I'd say he'd be ok with an Accord so.
    I don't get this cycling thing at all!

It's suicidial in this country anyhow !! And they (cyclists) are ignorant as feck !!

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Gary ITR wrote: »
    The B18 engine that's gone in isn't a TypeR engine, I'd say with breathing mods and a healthy engine it's sitting around 175BHP

Those Civics are just go-karts for the road, I enjoy mine which would have a similar power output to the one above

Thanks was waiting for your reply :)

College. And there is showers at both ends. Makes it tolerable. Its a decent commute except for the hectic fonthill/liffey valley roundabout in the morning.

• Advertisement

Either of ye doing the ring of kerry this year?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

BX 19 wrote: »
    College. And there is showers at both ends. Makes it tolerable. Its a decent commute except for the hectic fonthill/liffey valley roundabout in the morning.

I've just too much rubbish (laptop and up to 2 stone in books, clothes/shoes ) to cart around, not to mention the mountain of cosmetics I'd need.

I used be very fit, but as I've gotten older I've gotten lazier!

@ Marlow, I'd considerable laughs at a cyclist who jumped the lights recently being pulled by a cop! He then argued, and spent a long time being delayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

What you riding alan? Bike wise :P

This yoke: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=72692487&postcount=4011

It's quicker than the Polo:pac:

Nice. Looks in great condition.

An irony? If I leave my house five minutes earlier, then I get into work 15-20 minutes earlier than if I left five minutes later and took the express bus (i.e. the one that doesn't stop after it leaves where I live)

Leave work at any time and I get home in the same if less time.

And I work in the city centre.

Failure of public transport?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Either of ye doing the ring of kerry this year?

I'm doing the Ring. Nevermind Kerry !! :D
    @ Marlow, I'd considerable laughs at a cyclist who jumped the lights recently being pulled by a cop! He then argued, and spent a long time being delayed.

Fair play to the copper.

/M

• Advertisement

Pity you couldnt get an automatic bicycle :(

Looks clean though! What components are on it?

ROK? Naaa I dont think so. Thinking of organising a mizen to malin later in the year with some friends.

My wheels when the car is at home
    IMG_20120215_105438.jpg

Like the classic look! Good commuter id say. Mizen to malin....good luck!:pac: im only building up again after the winter.
    Got some good lights today for those summer evenings when youre trying to get back before lighting up time :D

Like the classic look! Good commuter id say. Mizen to malin....good luck!:pac: im only building up again after the winter.
    Got some good lights today for those summer evenings when youre trying to get back before lighting up time :D

It's a grand bike, it's older then i am too. It's a touring frameset so it's the ideal commuter, plenty of room for panniers and study wheels to take my lard ass :-P

Mizen to malin is a pipe dream at the moment, need to get fitter:-D

Lights are always good even with the huge stretch in the evenings now

scaled.php?server=64&filename=s5001517.jpg&res=medium

This is my yoke. Not as comfy as yours unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

scaled.php?server=64&filename=s5001517.jpg&res=medium

This is my yoke. Not as comfy as yours unfortunately
    Are ya in a club at all? My dad and bro mad into the bikes. My brother did the fbd milk ras a couple of years ago i have a great pic of him somewhere must dig it out. My dad is 62 and he can be found every Sunday morning mountain biking off some cliff he is mental!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Me Likey ! Thinking of picking up a Hybrid in a week or two. Just can't decide what makes I like and which ones I don't :(

Here is a pic of my brother, christ I feel exhausted just looking at it!!

Robert.jpg

On a lighter note got my Swedish House Mafia tickets this morning :D

mrs crilly wrote: »
    On a lighter note got my Swedish House Mafia tickets this morning :D

Would you not just paint a bit of your sitting room and watch it dry ?

MugMugs wrote: »
    Would you not just paint a bit of your sitting room and watch it dry ?

Nope much rather get wasted in a field with me mates :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Nope much rather get wasted in a field with me mates :D

Your as mad as a brush....:D

-Corkie- wrote: »
    Your as mad as a brush....:D

You don't have to be mad in this world but it sure does help. My days out drinking are few and far between so I like to make the most of them :D

You don't have to be mad in this world but it sure does help. My days out drinking are few and far between so I like to make the most of them :D

You gets out more than me..... If I had 4 pints now I would be wasted..:(

This could be a new sig. "Own a VW, There goes your social life"

Leave it with me :D

I get out once a month if I am lucky :(
    My friends are so inconsiderate having babies interfering with my social life :rolleyes:

I get out once a month if I am lucky :(
    My friends are so inconsiderate having babies interfering with my social life :rolleyes:

Yep the babies make a huge difference allrite...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Pity you couldnt get an automatic bicycle :(

It does only have one gear though....so....

It does only have one gear though....so....

Didnt see that! :o

Your brother looks absolutely wrecked crilly. Im not part of any club, just head out with one or two at the weekend :)

Didnt see that! :o

Your brother looks absolutely wrecked crilly. Im not part of any club, just head out with one or two at the weekend :)

I think he slept for a week after it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Me too but then again it's 10am and I was out last night! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement