Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***ALL OT CHAT HERE***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

-Corkie- wrote: »
    Hmmmm I might invest in one.. Cheers for that and Crilly too...:)

HERE

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Anyone here driven or have any experience of a celica 190? Saw a lovely red one with bronze alloys earlier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Anyone here driven or have any experience of a celica 190? Saw a lovely red one with bronze alloys earlier

Yeah, they are nice cars to drive. A mate of mine used to have one. My only complaint anytime I drove it was I thought the steering was just a bit too light. Grand when pottering around town, but having a rip on the back roads, I just didn't like how light it was

Before I got the RX8 I was looking at these. They kind of grew on me at the time but I never liked the way the arse is up in the air.

Some of them are lowered and look a lot better. I would still pick an 8 over the celica.

Is the interior very cheap looking? And although its 190bhp does it feel quick slow?

• Advertisement

Is the interior very cheap looking? And although its 190bhp does it feel quick slow?

It's slow until "VVTLi kicks in はい" :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Rolli

Just want to say all the best to EPM, wish him all the best. Shame he closed his account..
    (I'm Late, I know)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

I'm actually scared.

first night in the new place all by myself and every lil creek and sound is scaring the bollox outta me.

hamster doesnt seem to care......

my car is out front and all lonely

I still have stuff to unpack and am very sketchy about whats around me, I'm really just waiting to see a shadow go by me !

any lady friends care to spend the night with me ? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    It was pinned but gone tatty so I stripped it recently and have a full 78 SE kit ready to go on along with a 77/78 nose cone.;)

Now I'm really jealous. I much prefer the earlier nose. What motor and transmission have you got?
    mrs crilly wrote: »
    I can hear hooligans diffing in the industrial estate beside my house. Disgraceful carry on.

Soooooooo tempted to join them only I would be divorced :D

That and your diff will break!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Where's this Bunny Wabbit on the N2?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

MugMugs wrote: »

Driving a black E30 BMW.....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Haha. Touche!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Now I'm really jealous. I much prefer the earlier nose. What motor and transmission have you got?

It's an Olds 403 V8 paired to a TH350 3 Speed box.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

robbie_998 wrote: »
    any lady friends care to spend the night with me ? :(

I am sure Pam will oblige you.
    That and your diff will break!:P

Well if not's broke already it will be by the time you get your hands on it!! I saw your youtube videos :eek::eek::eek:

It's just after the first turn off for Ashbourne.

I don't actually wear my bunny outfit in public :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

There's a slightly teenage dynamic evolving on this thread. Bit silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

I am sure Pam will oblige you.

Dont forget her 5 sisters ;):p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

Well if not's broke already it will be by the time you get your hands on it!! I saw your youtube videos :eek::eek::eek:

No idea what you are talking about:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

No idea what you are talking about:P

Stop posting and get working on that list ya brat!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

E39MSport wrote: »
    There's a slightly teenage dynamic evolving on this thread. Bit silly.

Agreed, and some of this just needs to be taken to PMs

We all know Patrick's Day is on the 17th, nice long weekend ahead for most with Monday off work, don't forget chaps and chapettes the 18th is Mother's Day.

• Advertisement

anymore opinions on thw vvtli celica?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

anymore opinions on thw vvtli celica?

They're not particularly quick and should the sillystrut suspension go wrong you'll be in serious bother financially

I don't like the look of them, very decent mechanical integrity though in fairness. Cheaper to buy than an equivalent Honda, I wouldn't think they are a bad buy if you like them.
    Gary ITR wrote: »
    They're not particularly quick and should the sillystrut suspension go wrong you'll be in serious bother financially

Very good point actually about the superstrut, was the main reason I got rid of my previous model Celica as I didn't fancy paying for that muck if it needed doing.

do the celicas have the sillystrut suspension!? ouchies.
    although it was 190bhp and is light enough ive heard they can still be quite slow to go. i know you have to get in the upper ranges for the power but does that mean it has feck all at low revs?

i never liked them really but they are very cheap nowadays and i wouldnt mind a red one, once the interior isnt tacky and dated looking

At lower revs it's like the 140bhp model.

RoverJames wrote: »

Very good point actually about the superstrut, was the main reason I got rid of my previous model Celica as I didn't fancy paying for that muck if it needed doing.

In fairness to it, it's very very good when it's working put the price for spares is outrageous, there's no option for replacing it either unless you fabricate some parts
    do the celicas have the sillystrut suspension!? ouchies.
    although it was 190bhp and is light enough ive heard they can still be quite slow to go. i know you have to get in the upper ranges for the power but does that mean it has feck all at low revs?

i never liked them really but they are very cheap nowadays and i wouldnt mind a red one, once the interior isnt tacky and dated looking

As I'm sure you've seen me mention before, Jap cars never make their numbers on dyno runs but the 190's struggle to hit 150

thats a big drop! it was just an idea i had, thanks Gary and James

Gary ITR wrote: »
    In fairness to it, it's very very good when it's working put the price for spares is outrageous........................

Indeed, mine was great but was always a niggle that it might wear, the superstrut and the LSD made for very very fast cornering. I never prices the bits but €500+/corner apparently mightn't have covered it.

thats a big drop! it was just an idea i had, thanks Gary and James

Just remember, it's only a number, it's all about how the car drives
    RoverJames wrote: »
    Indeed, mine was great but was always a niggle that it might wear, the superstrut and the LSD made for very very fast cornering. I never prices the bits but €500+/corner apparently mightn't have covered it.

I heard some really silly numbers bandied about alright

• Advertisement

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Isnt that why people get regular suspension put into those Levin`s?

It's not an easy job on them though, there's a fair bit of fabrication to be done

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement