Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***ALL OT CHAT HERE***

Options

Comments

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Isnt that why people get regular suspension put into those Levin`s?

I'm sure on the GT4s the superstrut yokes were changed out by Toyota as they weren't lasting the duration of events iirc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭no1beemerfan

do the celicas have the sillystrut suspension!? ouchies.
    although it was 190bhp and is light enough ive heard they can still be quite slow to go. i know you have to get in the upper ranges for the power but does that mean it has feck all at low revs?

i never liked them really but they are very cheap nowadays and i wouldnt mind a red one, once the interior isnt tacky and dated looking

My sister had one for 5 years and sold it recently (190 vvtl i version). She had a problem with both front suspensions and as far as i know it was expensive to fix.

It wasn't that nice to drive until you got it to the high revs but the steering was lethel in it. No feedback and very light...over steering was a problem. Needless to say I didn't drive it much as didn't really enjoy it....don't know how she drove it everyday for that length.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

I've decided to sell the 8er frown.gif

Now starts the process of making her sale worthy - fluid change, wash and polish, clean up cabin and mats, nct and 3 months tax ....

Not sure what to price it at though. That non-runner was finally priced at 5500 on dondeal and sold.

Mine (1991 5.0l V12 850ci) is going quite well with 80k miles and will be taxed and NCT'd.
    Also, replaced the EDC with Billy/Eibachs and rebuilt most of the front suspension and steering. New tyres etc.

There going for nothing.

Alternatively just store it off site but my head is saying sell it. The M5 (as I knew it would) is taking up too much of my time/effort....

I'll want to garage the M5 during the heavy winter but then I'll have a space fight between the 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

Just went for lunch.

on the way back driving there was a 2010 yaris terra in front of me and it had a sticker on the back window saying

"YES ! I do own the road !"

she then shot off at the lights.

i dont like stickers on windows and baby on board and stuff.

i even took the dealer stickers off my car !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

E39MSport wrote: »
    There's a slightly teenage dynamic evolving on this thread. Bit silly.
    Jemmy wrote: »
    Agreed, and some of this just needs to be taken to PMs

***ALL OT CHAT HERE*** say the thread title I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Off topic yes, constant childish innuendos & flirting no! ;)

Just take it to PMs or head over to After Hours/S&S if that's what your looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

If this continues, I'd say we could be seeing the end of this thread so for those who use it, can we kill the debating of content and let the mods do what they're there for if they see fit ? :)

Do us a favour & take it to PMs or head over to After Hours/S&S if that's what your looking for.

Do who a favour?

Maybe I have this wrong but I'd see this thread as a place where any and all motors members can have vaguely motoring related fun/banter/off topic chat so as to keep all other threads free to persue their specific topic without getting de-railed.

Don't read or report are your two choices IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

Just take it to PMs or head over to After Hours/S&S if that's what your looking for.

I better ask for an increase in my inbox memory! :D

robbie_998 wrote: »

i dont like stickers on windows and baby on board and stuff.

i even took the dealer stickers off my car !

I have one of these on my rear window...

mg.jpg

and a little K&N sticker too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

MugMugs wrote: »
    If this continues, I'd say we could be seeing the end of this thread so for those who use it, can we kill the debating of content and let the mods do what they're there for if they see fit ? :)
    Do who a favour?

Maybe I have this wrong but I'd see this thread as a place where any and all motors members can have vaguely motoring related fun/banter/off topic chat so as to keep all other threads free to persue their specific topic without getting de-railed.

Don't read or report are your two choices IMO.

As MugMugs asked I'll leave it there.

mrs crilly wrote: »
    I better ask for an increase in my inbox memory! :D

Careful now, that could be seen as comedic in some way! :):p

down-with-this-sort-of-thing.jpg

Careful now, that could be seen as comedic in some way!

Ah God bless Father Ted! Bloody surname. I hate ordering or booking stuff and people are like Oh Crilly as in Father Ted? Yes you twat now just take my order!

RoverJames wrote: »
    mg.jpg

I think that is cool :cool:

I have a few stickers on my car and I wanted to get one of these but dunno I am chicken :o

2428KGrHqV2C21jUE2HHkqrF4BNl29K213PQ7E7E_12.jpg

2428KGrHqF2C21hUE1e2BWrmFcBNlyk6KK1217E7E0_12.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Here's mine

027.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Off topic, not off the wall infantile shyte.

E39MSport wrote: »
    Off topic, not off the wall infantile shyte.

I was just talking to a buddy of mine who has a thing for BM's he could be interested in your 8er if you do decide to move it on

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

I love an infantile joke here more than most and this is the OT thread but it is getting a little tiring reading a load of rubbish jokes and sexual innuendos as soon as someone mentions "balls" or something here. It sometimes grates as bad as octavia jokes at this stage

I love an infantile joke here more than most and this is the OT thread but it is getting a little tiring reading a load of rubbish jokes and sexual innuendos as soon as someone mentions "balls" or something here. It sometimes grates as bad as octavia jokes at this stage

Have to say I agree with you. I have been guilty of the odd bit of inyourendo but it does get tiring. Wouldn't have happened on my watch :pac:

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Gary where did you get that Pedobear sticker, I think the Alfa needs one.

http://www.thestickyrings.com/

Reasonably cheap and an Irish company to boot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

balls

Hehehe

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

The trouble with these Off Topic threads is that they become incredibly difficult to moderate, just by the very nature of them.

Maybe instead of posting about how the topic of conversation isn't interesting, try and mix things up and steer the conversation somewhere else?

This thread was a great addition to the forum. It's given us a place to just have a bit of banter without having to be serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

I like reading it. It doesn't really matter (to me) what the content is. As the title says it's off topic.

Its all Crillys fault anyway.....

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

The trouble with these Off Topic threads is that they become incredibly difficult to moderate, just by the very nature of them.

Maybe instead of posting about how the topic of conversation isn't interesting, try and mix things up and steer the conversation somewhere else?

This thread was a great addition to the forum. It's given us a place to just have a bit of banter without having to be serious.

+1 fantastic addition to the motors forum.

Also it has meandered in MANY directions from the get go but isn't that the whole point? Enjoy it and don't take it too seriously, it's not a technical discussion we're having here. :)

Its all Crillys fault anyway.....

Stop flirting with me. I told you I am not interested.

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

I'm not going to take this OT, gof forbid I'd do that in the OT thread, but I'm really bursting for a piss and have another hour of supervised study to go :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Ah supervised study, the place where all homework and no study gets done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

Ah supervised study, the place where all homework and no study gets done
    It's my time for corrections and planning and staring blankly at those not working:D

• Advertisement

johnos1984 wrote: »
    I'm not going to take this OT, gof forbid I'd do that in the OT thread, but I'm really bursting for a piss and have another hour of supervised study to go :eek:

tap440.jpg

:P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement