Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***ALL OT CHAT HERE***

Options

Comments

johnos1984 wrote: »
    ............. but I'm really bursting for a piss and have another hour of supervised study to go :eek:

Surely you can go for a leak and leave them alone for a few mins?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

RoverJames wrote: »
    Surely you can go for a leak and leave them alone for a few mins?
    Yes and No.

They aren't meant to be on their own in case something* happens.

I might just leave them though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Maybe instead of posting about how the topic of conversation isn't interesting, try and mix things up and steer the conversation somewhere else?

This has been done but there is just no let up.
    MCMLXXV wrote: »
    +1 fantastic addition to the motors forum.

Also it has meandered in MANY directions from the get go but isn't that the whole point? Enjoy it and don't take it too seriously, it's not a technical discussion we're having here. :)

Agreed a great addition BUT people are getting sick of the constant childish innuendos & flirting, and I don't think I'm the only one here maybe I'm wrong. They are from the same people over again. Like was said it starts to grate on you just like the Octavia jokes. I'm all for a bit of banter but that sh!tes just not funny anymore! I'll leave it there though it's just going on deaf ears.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Ah supervised study, the place where all homework and no study gets done

Supervised study was where I came up with the logo for my music promotion company, lyrics for songs, song ideas, CD tracklists, band logos etc.

Anything but study :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

Yes and No.

They aren't meant to be on their own in case something* happens.

I might just leave them though

Go on be nice give them a little Facebook break.

www.ratemyteacher.com

:D

• Advertisement

Jemmy wrote: »
    Agreed a great addition BUT people are getting sick of the constant childish innuendos & flirting, and I don't think I'm the only one here maybe I'm wrong. They are from the same people over again. Like was said it starts to grate on you just like the Octavia jokes. I'm all for a bit of banter but that sh!tes just not funny anymore! I'll leave it there though it's just going on deaf ears.

Well then why don't you just spit it out and PM the people you have a grip with, we are all adults here........

............... innuendos & flirting, and I don't think I'm the only one here maybe I'm wrong..............

You're only jealous that Mrs C is getting all the attention :P

mrs crilly wrote: »
    FECK!

Does that STILL exist?

I must check what they say.....

Well then why don't you just spit it out and PM the people you have a grip with, we are all adults here........

I'm just voicing my opinion, that's allowed :)

I don't need false internet attention to make myself feel better ;)

FECK!

Does that STILL exist?

I must check what they say.....

I dunno it it does, my old maths teacher got some 'glowing' reviews on it though.

• Advertisement

Your quite entitled to voice your opinion but me personally if I have an issue with somebody I will say it to their face. Discuss it and then move on.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

It IS?! And there was me doing nothing else only cleaning the kitchen and making sammiches! Feck!

jenizzle wrote: »
    It IS?! And there was me doing nothing else only cleaning the kitchen and making sammiches! Feck!
    Where is my SAMBO?

Your quite entitled to voice your opinion but me personally if I have an issue with somebody I will say it to their face. Discuss it and then move on.

I have no personal issues with anyone here though so I'm not sure what you're getting at, I'm just expressing my opinions on the direction this thread has taken lately.

Where is my SAMBO?

And mine?! Toasted pls :p

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

jerry.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

Gary ITR wrote: »
    In fairness to it, it's very very good when it's working put the price for spares is outrageous, there's no option for replacing it either unless you fabricate some parts
    As I'm sure you've seen me mention before, Jap cars never make their numbers on dyno runs but the 190's struggle to hit 150
    I don't think it's as expensive to replace as the Levin suspension though.
    As for the 190's struggling to hit 150, I'm surprised, I've driven a fairly large amount of cars from all makes and models with various engines, and the 190 Celica certainly felt like it was darn close. I know VW's tend to make at least what they quote or sometimes more on Dyno's, but the 190 Celica I drove would absolutely destroy a 150bhp Mk 4 GTI.
    do the celicas have the sillystrut suspension!? ouchies.
    although it was 190bhp and is light enough ive heard they can still be quite slow to go. i know you have to get in the upper ranges for the power but does that mean it has feck all at low revs?

i never liked them really but they are very cheap nowadays and i wouldnt mind a red one, once the interior isnt tacky and dated looking
    Slow compared to what? an Integra Type R is a quicker car for sure, but it's a no-compromise car, the Celica is much easier to live with. In terms of any other stuff, if you're comparing with a car that is turbo charged, then like all N/A petrols the turbo car will pull away if you weren't ready in the Celica due to the nature of the power delivery - in a turbo car you just move your foot, in the Celica you have to drop three gears first!
    My sister had one for 5 years and sold it recently (190 vvtl i version). She had a problem with both front suspensions and as far as i know it was expensive to fix.

It wasn't that nice to drive until you got it to the high revs but the steering was lethel in it. No feedback and very light...over steering was a problem. Needless to say I didn't drive it much as didn't really enjoy it....don't know how she drove it everyday for that length.
    Front suspension isn't typically an issue with them. The steering is far from lethal, it's actually very good. It's a bit light, but not distractingly so, I like the steering ratio on it, makes for better back road blasting, and it does have enough feedback, not best in class stuff, but a long way from the numbness that is anything from the VAG group or many other cars.
    The chassis is very capable, it's comfortable for a coupe, and reliable. Not that expensive to run either. 0-60 is around 7.2 seconds if I remember correctly, but you do have to red-line it to get the best from it. Changing up at exactly the red-line means the next gear brings you right to the cam-change point. Changing any earlier means you miss that and will loose more progress than you might expect.

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

I'm just expressing my opinions on the direction this thread has taken lately.
    I have to agree. I read this thread, and the forum alot but the direction of this thread would put ya off posting anywhere in here tbh. It would put a few n00bs off I'd say.

Hand bags at dawn:D

Where is my SAMBO?
    And mine?! Toasted pls :p

I'll bring some to the next meet*

* - may not actually happen

• Advertisement

They are from the same people over again.
    I have no personal issues with anyone here though

You might not have any personal issues with people but you certainly have a list of who the repeat offenders are.

How about you have a friendly word with them about your concerns?
    draffodx wrote: »
    jerry.gif

This is way too light for an episode of Jerry!
    ChewChew wrote: »
    It would put a few n00bs off I'd say.

Meh, just roll up your sleeves and get stuck in. If you run from a forum cos of the direction it's going in hate to see how you handle a real life situation :eek:

Eh no sorry Johno! Not my style ;)

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Meh, just roll up your sleeves and get stuck in.
    May 2007 = 603 posts or March 2008 = 16,074 posts and I'M the one afraid to get stuck in??

Also... After reading one of my posts, what makes you think you can throw this little bit of personal abuse at me, sweetheart? ;)
    If you run from a forum cos of the direction it's going in hate to see how you handle a real life situation :eek:

You might not have any personal issues with people but you certainly have a list of who the repeat offenders are.

I don't see the need to take anything to PM.

May 2007 = 603 posts or March 2008 = 16,074 posts and I'M the one afraid to get stuck in??

Also... After reading one of my posts, what makes you think you can throw this little bit of personal abuse at me, sweetheart? ;)

I wouldn't have thought it was directed at you tbh, I thought it was a generic "you" in reference to "It would put a few n00bs off I'd say."

1053490738_8836ab7cab.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

This has been done but there is just no let up.

I don't need false internet attention to make myself feel better ;)
    I have no personal issues with anyone here though so I'm not sure what you're getting at, I'm just expressing my opinions on the direction this thread has taken lately.
    draffodx wrote: »
    jerry.gif
    I have to agree. I read this thread, and the forum alot but the direction of this thread would put ya off posting anywhere in here tbh. It would put a few n00bs off I'd say.

This is way too light for an episode of Jerry!

Meh, just roll up your sleeves and get stuck in. If you run from a forum cos of the direction it's going in hate to see how you handle a real life situation :eek:

Eh no sorry Johno! Not my style ;)

I think ye all need to grow up and please try to ease up on the smutty talk while ye are at it (this applies to everyone) It's become increasingly irritating and I personally hate reading this thread lately.It feels like ye are actually trying to make more work for the remaining mods.If ye have an issue with a post, report it or PM a mod.Now build a bridge and get over it.It's been dealt with.

Now get back on topic in the off topic thread :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭alexmcred

What's the story with the sandwiches though? I'll have mine with a flask of tea please:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

alexmcred wrote: »
    What's the story with the sandwiches though? I'll have mine with a flask of tea please:)

You just don't see flasks these days, do you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭alexmcred

No and it makes it a pain to eat the sambo from the boot of the car on match day on the m50 witout the hot tae

• Advertisement

Ye need a bitta turf hangin' outta yer nails to really enjoy a hang sammich!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement