Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***ALL OT CHAT HERE***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

Id kill for a daecent sambo right now.
    French bread is lovely but right this minute id pay handsomely for a sliced pan.

On the other hand the weather in paris is great.

On the other, other hand dont ever buy a 1.5d clio, i dont want to drive anymore:(

Ill be home on the 22nd for a month, hang sangwidges, tae and my alfa's gonna get an italian tune up that it doesnt even need :D:p;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

pred racer wrote: »
    On the other hand the weather in paris is great.

/Jealous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭alexmcred

jenizzle wrote: »
    Ye need a bitta turf hangin' outta yer nails to really enjoy a hang sammich!

Should you not be busy making them?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

alexmcred wrote: »
    Should you not be busy making them?

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭Johntegr

mrs crilly wrote: »
    Stop flirting with me. I told you I am not interested.

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

You're doing it wrong!

Mrs. Crilly's bill just got an extra 10% thrown on.

• Advertisement

Jemmy wrote: »
    /Jealous

Im jealous of people that get to go home after work;)

I bet if i worked in Dublin my 3 sisters wouldnt have felt the need to vist. At the one time:eek:

Im also jealous of people that had enough sense not to buy a black car when they live in the arsehole of Tipp.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

Johntegr wrote: »
    You're doing it wrong!

Mrs. Crilly's bill just got an extra 10% thrown on.
    Damn anyway!

To be fair expected it to be a lot worse so I was pleasantly surprised when he told me what it would be :)

Needless to say my husbands wheels will now not be getting a refurb, I found better things to spend my money on :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭Johntegr

Engine bay cleaned. Not even detailed and my forearm is killin' me!

In other news, the GF fell asleep with my arm under her yesterday. Woke up and it was numb. Half asleep and her not heeding the grunts hinting her to GTFO, I somehow suddenly regained feeling in it and in a panic of not being able to get it back from under her I reefed it and she went flying into the wall. :D

I fell back asleep instantly. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

MugMugs wrote: »
    Where's this Bunny Wabbit on the N2?

I saw it today! Made of metal and brown :pac:

Reminded me of....

HolyGrail067.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

pred racer wrote: »
    Im also jealous of people that had enough sense not to buy a black car when they live in the arsehole of Tipp.

I live in Tipp, had a silver car previously and didn't like the fact that I couldn't get it to shine more by polishing and waxing it so I bought a black one again :P

• Advertisement

Thanks a bunch! All this talk of sammiges made me hungry, now ive got strawberry jam on me hands and me ipad:eek:

Any further posts will be as a result of me licking it off:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

I hadn't seen my car in over a week, hadn't sat in it in 12 days. Got into my 18 year old car and it started first turn. Not that I was worried with it being a Honda and all that :)

I opnly moved it to a different part of the car park though, stuck out in a company van at the minute. Might try and get my car home during the week, the outside is MANKY since the trackday. I also want to take the coilovers off it and clean/grease each one

Got my AA / Topaz fuel card today. No car to use it on just yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    It was pinned but gone tatty so I stripped it recently and have a full 78 SE kit ready to go on along with a 77/78 nose cone.;)

The one last Sunday week was desperate and really annoyed me but tonight's show restored my faith a little bit. Couldn't believe how softly spoken Slash was! :eek:

I was going to post that it would be my dream car if it was a 78

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

dgt wrote: »
    Where's this Bunny Wabbit on the N2?

I saw it today! Made of metal and brown :pac:

Saw it on the way to drogheda earlier. It looks like a big rusty piece of rabbit shaped sh1te if you ask me! And its nearly covered with foliage already!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

mrs crilly wrote: »
    Stop flirting with me. I told you I am not interested.

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

I have your car hostage remember:P

Saw it on the way to drogheda earlier. It looks like a big rusty piece of rabbit shaped sh1te if you ask me! And its nearly covered with foliage already!
    Its a complete waste of money! €70k or something like that it cost!
    I have your car hostage remember:P

Meh its not worth much right now! Did the ole lad show you how to start it? I wasnt go show anybody and see if you managed to figure it out for yourself.

The NCT chimps strike again:rolleyes:

A regular customers car(97 Micra) came in today having failed the NCT.

Note item 1 on the list, failed because the air bag light doesn't illuminate.

DSCF3337.jpg

Now, can anyone see why the air bag light doesn't illuminate?

DSCF3335.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

No airbag? Feckin NCT

• Registered Users Posts: 10,336 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

johnos1984 wrote: »
    I'm not going to take this OT, gof forbid I'd do that in the OT thread, but I'm really bursting for a piss and have another hour of supervised study to go :eek:

I love the fact that you can't leave the supervised study for a much needed piss but that you can read and post on boards. Many moons ago, one of my national school teachers had very regular morning habits which meant that he would leave for a number 2 at the exactly the same time each morning and when he came back, he would check the previous night's homework. This allowed me time to do my homework while he was dropping the kids at the pool. Never once was I caught out which was weird as he should have known that I hadn't done my ecker as he was my dad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

Marcusm wrote: »
    I love the fact that you can't leave the supervised study for a much needed piss but that you can read and post on boards. Many moons ago, one of my national school teachers had very regular morning habits which meant that he would leave for a number 2 at the exactly the same time each morning and when he came back, he would check the previous night's homework. This allowed me time to do my homework while he was dropping the kids at the pool. Never once was I caught out which was weird as he should have known that I hadn't done my ecker as he was my dad.
    There is nothing worse than being stuck for three classes and having "to go"..........the kids suffer as I have to gas them periodically to relieve the strain.

Although this reminds me of when I do it to shut passengers up on a long car journey. Lock the windows and then off I go. Shuts up annoying conversation

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

johnos1984 wrote: »
    There is nothing worse than being stuck for three classes and having "to go

There is not, I occasionally have to supervise exams and being stuck there desperately waiting for the time to end.

Ah ND don't mention the NCT to me, first NCT nothing wrong with the suspension, second one five weeks and maybe 100 miles later apparently the wishbone bushes were gone on one side, and did the feckers mark which were gone?

NO.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

Quick question: Going to look at a Meriva OPC tomorrow, anyone know what to look out for?

Stheno wrote: »
    There is not, I occasionally have to supervise exams and being stuck there desperately waiting for the time to end.

Ah ND don't mention the NCT to me, first NCT nothing wrong with the suspension, second one five weeks and maybe 100 miles later apparently the wishbone bushes were gone on one side, and did the feckers mark which were gone?

NO.

:rolleyes:Sure only last week I had a boards members golf in for a service having been for its NCT a couple of days before hand. I found the front left track rod end with massive play in it....but it wasn't mentioned by the NCT.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

shblob wrote: »
    Quick question: Going to look at a Meriva OPC tomorrow, anyone know what to look out for?

Surely not that blue one on donedeal covered in muck?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

Indeed it is ;) If its a load of crap Im not gonna buy it obviously!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

:rolleyes:Sure only last week I had a boards members golf in for a service having been for its NCT a couple of days before hand. I found the front left track rod end with massive play in it....but it wasn't mentioned by the NCT.

Ah, but my mechanic had a good look and can't figure out what they were talking about.

Both are being replaced tomorrow so all is well, it really makes you wonder tho!

At least I don't depend on it to keep my car "safe" Driving an alfa has the small advantage that if you want to keep it on the road, you will make an effort to know what needs doing at what intervals, or at the very least, checked!

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Im looking for one oem MV2 alloy (front), anyone know where I could track one down? Everything on donedeal is either for an E60 or a replica, might have to settle for a replica if I cant find one soon

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

shblob wrote: »
    Indeed it is ;) If its a load of crap Im not gonna buy it obviously!!

It could be perfect mechanically sure. Just be careful! Would make one hell of a sleeper and a very rare car too. Hope youre pleased with it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

conzymaher wrote: »
    Im looking for one oem MV2 alloy (front), anyone know where I could track one down? Everything on donedeal is either for an E60 or a replica, might have to settle for a replica if I cant find one soon

Text me tomorrow to remind me to make a call on this. I know somebody who just may have one

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement