Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***ALL OT CHAT HERE***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

draffodx wrote: »
    Can you build cars yet in Minecraft Tallon?
    square_bike_wheel.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

So I'm driving along College Road earlier and hear an ominous scraping noise, pull in to check it out and find a frigging carrot peeler wedged between the front wheel and mud guard! Pretty damn nuts, not a clue how it got there!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

No food in the house so I went down to the shop to get something. On the way back I was just about to drive past two people walking. I saw from a close enough distance that they were staring at me, and as I got closer they're eyes squinted and the lifted up there arms to block themselves, as if they were in a line of defenders at a free kick.

I honeslty didn't know what in the name of jaysus they were doing, and to be honest I kinda got worried so I floored it...

I didn't see the big fecking puddle at the side of the road :o

I hope they were wearing wet gear :o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

any update on the Christmas meet mods? gotta try and book it off work

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

any update on the Christmas meet mods? gotta try and book it off work

Think its early January as opposed to around xmas.

• Advertisement

Well....that whole kinda Christmas period :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

It will be happening, but it's hard to commit before then. If you want we can organise a cork cleaning meet. We show up, you wash our cars while we talk shyte.

Cool....but by god there will be swirlmarks and sponges if your not nice to me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

I know me and Gary are putting the car out on Mondello later this month, think it's the 29th. We're doing out Santa Strike Force thing that day.

Even if you're not coming out in the car with us, it might be a good opportunity for a meet?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

If you could get all the cars into the paddock it'd be good, pain in the hole walking from the 'parking area'

• Advertisement

If you could get all the cars into the paddock it'd be good, pain in the hole walking from the 'parking area'

Worth the walk ya lazy git!

I'd be well up for a meet then anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

You can, but everyone would have to be there early, and then for the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

So gents, anyone have any experience with clio 172s? Cheap and fun? Or cheap for a reason?

.... I don't think they're that cheap really tbh. Decent buses though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

So gents, anyone have any experience with clio 172s? Cheap and fun? Or cheap for a reason?

They are good fun, I dyno'd one at the boards dyno day, it put out around 155, they are known to be as low as 140 though so just look for a well minded one

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

You lazy git. There is no issues with getting the cars in the paddock, however once you're in there, you're stuck there until lunch. No way of getting out again. Doesn't suit everybody.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

A friend of mine has one and is selling it, it's not advertised though. It's probably the most fun thing I've ever driven in my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Marlow wrote: »
    You lazy git. There is no issues with getting the cars in the paddock, however once you're in there, you're stuck there until lunch. No way of getting out again. Doesn't suit everybody.

/M

I'm usually in there anyway, lugging 3 ton of camera gear around all day, that walk back to the parking area gets very long!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

I'm usually in there anyway, lugging 3 ton of camera gear around all day, that walk back to the parking area gets very long!

Get there earlier and park by the bridge :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Wouldn't bother tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

SV wrote: »
    Wouldn't bother tbh

Care to elaborate?

I thought you loved your 172 SV?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

EPM wrote: »
    I need to find out the manufacturer of them first. I don't want to have a mismatch. They are D1S 12v 35w and I *think* 4300k.

dont know if you got sorted..

http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/OCTAVIA-II/Octavia-II-genuine-Skoda-Autoas-HID-xenon-bulb-D1S-N10566103

or

http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/OCTAVIA-II/Octavia-II-04-12-XENARC-SILVERSTAR-WORLD´S-BEST-HID-xenon-bulb-D1S-

i got a 60 pounds voucher off a laithwaites wine pack from amazon with my dvds this morning.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004LM1I40/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=A148G9QKH91FJY

think its this pack, so it'll work out at about 35. they'l only post to UK addresses AFAIK but might be useful to someone....maybe.

PM me if you want it

sean1141 wrote: »

Got sorted in the end. Needed it sooner rather than later so went to George Dalton in the end. Also, bit weary of bulbs coming in the post! Got some broken in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Anyone getting anything nice thats car related for xmas?

Ardennes is cleaning all our cars I thought?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Ecotune stainless steel exhaust system with cat-back, rear Msport bumper and detachable tow-bar for the Touring :D

Custom exhausts for the E39 diesels are hard to come by.

/M

those jokes are octavia-esque as this stage

• Advertisement

I'll be buying myself 3 months tax

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement