Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***ALL OT CHAT HERE***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

those 3 months will bring it closer to nct date :D it must be about 5months away now? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

those jokes are octavia-esque as this stage

I'm not joking though.

Still waiting on my new Columbus Sat Nav. Should eb today...well according to TNT anyway...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

draffodx wrote: »
    Anyone getting anything nice thats car related for xmas?

I thought of asking for a new thermostat but that's not very Christmassy, so it'll be an SSD drive instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Hopefully more car parking spaces at the house :P

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

EPM wrote: »
    I'm not joking though.

Good cos mine needs a serious wash!

• Advertisement

I'm not joking though.

Still waiting on my new Columbus Sat Nav. Should eb today...well according to TNT anyway...

And it's arrived:D

Like a child I'm going to drive 2.5 hours each way to pick it up this evening.

is it in Carlow?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

And it's arrived:D

Like a child I'm going to drive 2.5 hours each way to pick it up this evening.

Heh. I know that feeling. I'm picking the Caravelle up tonight, now remapped and with Syncro gearbox fitted. Not quite as long a drive, but still hour and a half each way at least, depending traffic.

/M

is it in Carlow?

Cork...needed to be sure someone was there when it was delivered so it's gone to my parents place.

Marlow wrote: »
    Heh. I know that feeling. I'm picking the Caravelle up tonight, now remapped and with Syncro gearbox fitted. Not quite as long a drive, but still hour and a half each way at least, depending traffic.

/M

You must be almost there with that now?

EDIT - Just realized who I'm asking this question of - that will always be a work in progress I'd say:p

• Advertisement

You must be almost there with that now?

Rear diff, exhaust missing and the remainder of the interior bits. But it's a huge chunk of the todo list gone.

/M

Cork...needed to be sure someone was there when it was delivered so it's gone to my parents place.

oh, thought it was delivered to workplace or something

3000 posts :D

oh, thought it was delivered to workplace or something

No...you see I agreed to buy it when after a few cold ones and checking the delivery address never even dawned on me...

thats not helping in cutting down the mileage :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Rear diff, exhaust missing and the remainder of the interior bits. But it's a huge chunk of the todo list gone.

/M

I might drive it into a wall before you collect it. For the laugh like

Actually if somebody donates a grand to Santa Strike Force I'll drive Marlows pride and joy into a wall and post the video here :pac:

thats not helping in cutting down the mileage :pac:

Ah well, I want my new toy and I want it now.

Gary ITR wrote: »

Actually if somebody donates a grand to Santa Strike Force I'll drive Marlows pride and joy into a wall and post the video here :pac:

I can't see it happening. The last time you got into a diesel you kept cutting it out. That Caravelle is safe as houses in your hands.

those 3 months will bring it closer to nct date :D it must be about 5months away now? :)

Apologies, only saw this now, August 2012 she's tested 'till, might well test it as soon as I can though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

New front bumper (if the seller ever decides to email me back)
    Refurbed wheels
    Tyres
    AFC Controller
    Lambda sensor

All the above for the Supra.

I'll also have a nice christmas present when I get the Civic on the track, so that will do me!

That's about it for christmas time....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

New radio and mats, spent too much the last few months tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

I'm broke, but I'm getting that screen when I'm paid the first week in January

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Care to elaborate?

They're overpriced at the moment and you will get bored of it.
    also repairs are very costly.
    not very comfortable on long trips.
    I thought you loved your 172 SV?

so much i crashed it

Gary ITR wrote: »

As long as you pay the bodyshop bill afterwards :)

/M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

SV wrote: »

so much i crashed it

Sure isn't all of the above part of the fun.

There were 3 or 4 lads out in them at the last trackday I had my Teg at, they seemed to be having the craic. I ended up having an amazing dice with a lad in some special F1 edition. He could outbrake me into the final turn then I was passing at the pit wall and he'd be on my bumper for the rest of the lap. I'd never met him before but afterwards I went over to him in the pits and we were both sweating buckets but agreed it was an epic bit of time on the track

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

I'm getting an awful horn for a Saab 95 or 93. Can someone advise something to make the swelling go down before I have an accident?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

SV wrote: »

There's only a few around at the minute alright. The repairs bit would worry me, but I literally want something purely for fun. Don't really have a need to drive at the minute, cycle most places. So a glorified go-kart on wheels is what appeals to me:D

johnos1984 wrote: »
    I'm getting an awful horn for a Saab 95 or 93. Can someone advise something to make the swelling go down before I have an accident?

Get a Volvo C70 T5 instead. Much better value. Has to be no younger than a '05 though.

/M

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

Get a Volvo C70 T5 instead. Much better value. Has to be no younger than a '05 though.

/M

Can't do anything until the summer and has to be a diesel. I just started surfing the net this evening and couldn't tear myself away from them. If SAAB go under it would make a nice cheap purchase

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement