Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***ALL OT CHAT HERE***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Libel posts deleted.

robbie_998 wrote: »

in saying that though usually i put about €30 in my car from texaco tallaght and get over 240 miles .............

You usually get over 60mpg so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

RoverJames wrote: »

@ 166.9 a liter

and thats going off the actual oddmeter saying about 240 +

I think its a lot better MPG on the motorway driving that i do cos i keep a light steady foot and use the hills well etc.

now in saying that when its on about 230 miles or there abouts its usually on the fuel warning light.

RoverJames wrote: »

I would think he's being a bit optimistic.

the trip computer resets with every re-fill i do.

€30 to empty gets 240 miles.

and i do actually have it in miles too not kilometers except when im driving for speed limits etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

I'd love that. €50 gets me 300 / 320kms.

(That said could be more have never seen the warning light come on!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

It's too inaccurate to be reading from the needle. Only accurate way is to brim it and reset the mileage. Then drive till it's close enough to empty, and brim again. There's not much room for error when you brim the tank, there is plenty on just looking at a needle!

I've always being against applegreen myself.

in saying that though usually i put about €30 in my car from texaco tallaght and get over 240 miles

the other week i did the same in texaco lucan and only got 140 miles for €30 even though they were priced the same.

so im kinda leaning towards specific garages to trust.

and i do actually have it in miles too not kilometers except when im driving for speed limits etc.

Why do you think there was a 100 mile difference between your €30 use?
    Do ya think it's a bit odd that 240km is 149miles and you're possibly getting mixed up here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

mrs crilly wrote: »

€40 per week gets me 265km :(

Only for another 9 days though. After that, €40 gets me two weeks with no overheads! Woohoo!

Stupid question alert :o

What does a car do when it runs out of petrol, now I know of course it won't drive but like say for instance your warning light didn't work how would you know it was going to cut out?

I know what a car is like to just die straight away from when the camshaft sensor was gone in the E46. Is it like this or does it chugg and go all jumpy or something?

And then when you fill it after this, will the car just start straight away? I know it's not great for the car but I really want to know if my warning light works or not and I suspect this might be the only way to find out!

• Advertisement

Why do you think there was a 100 mile difference between your €30 use?

now that i think of where i went it was probably the places i was driving, lots of up hill, mountains etc. as opposed to normal everyday driving.
    Do ya think it's a bit odd that 240km is 149miles and you're possibly getting mixed up here?

when im on lunch i'll stroll down to the car for my lunch and i'll check both oddmeters between miles and KM's to make sure. i'll grab some pics too just incase im mistaken but i will keep up on it to make sure.

Might grab a pic off the front of my car too since i crashed.. not actually too bad.

have a recommendation for a guy to fix the front damage and all scratches (6 panels) for €500 all in. happy with that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

What does a car do when it runs out of petrol, now I know of course it won't drive but like say for instance your warning light didn't work how would you know it was going to cut out?

Most cars tend to chug a little before they completly stop. It often feels like a misfire.

And then when you fill it after this, will the car just start straight away? I know it's not great for the car but I really want to know if my warning light works or not and I suspect this might be the only way to find out!

Most petrol cars will often start straight away, diesels on the other hand can be a pain in the arse to get going again, they often need to be primed manually

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I would tend to agree with you TT. My mother has the same Civic as Robbie, and she wouldn't get that mileage out of it (and she is in her 70's so she wouldn't be using the revs at all!)

Confab wrote: »
    €40 per week gets me 265km :(

Only for another 9 days though. After that, €40 gets me two weeks with no overheads! Woohoo!

Ah stop your moaning :p! Due to the driving i'm doing at the moment (very short journeys with a good bit of traffic), i'm only getting about 320kms to €70 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ants09

I know what a car is like to just die straight away from when the camshaft sensor was gone in the E46. Is it like this or does it chugg and go all jumpy or something?

On a E46 when it runs out off petrol it just dies and engine doesnt chug.

When petrol gauge wont move and it says zero miles left you get a futher 50 miles on it before she dies.

To test if the light works well do this test http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXLrm4axswA&feature=related

When you fill her back up then she's ok

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

h3000 wrote: »
    Most petrol cars will often start straight away, diesels on the other hand can be a pain in the arse to get going again, they often need to be primed manually

Really depends on the manufacturer (for diesel cars). With VW, you just run the starter a little while. With BMW, you just turn on your ignition (which will get the fuel pump to pump the diesel to the engine. If that fails, then you'd have to run the starter for a while.

Older diesel cars like really old Peugeots and old Nissans have a hand-pump under the bonnet to prime the engine.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

just got my two rolls of carbon fibre vinyl. thank you to whoever posted it up originally!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Ah. Kms....

Thought that wasn't too bad, 50 clams gets me the equivalent mileage in miles though...

i get about 525kms from 75e

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

I get the same for 100e

You make me sick!

• Advertisement

thats poor enough i thought!

Ah its all about the Fun Per Gallon!

of which i get many :D

32 ish mpg :)
    Not too bad really in fairness.

what i cant understand though is....ive 2 trip computers on my car....they both resetted last time i unplugged the battery. one reads 32.9mpg and the other reads 31.4 over the same distance! so halfies has to be near correct :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Anyone know who to contact to find out when penalty points are up? I have 2 finished this month and 2 finished next month. Just want to find out the exact dates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Anyone know who to contact to find out when penalty points are up? I have 2 finished this month and 2 finished next month. Just want to find out the exact dates.

RSA in Ballina..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Down to 162.9 in Balbriggan today,

a stupid ad but its cool that he's the new face of one of my favourite cars :D kinda reminds me of when Clarkson tried to make the Scirocco ad

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Rolli

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement