Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***ALL OT CHAT HERE***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

robbie_998 wrote: »
    Price of petrol just drop ?

Most garages 163,9 now ?

Passed the first 168.9 I've seen on my way home from Wicklow about an hour ago. It was a Topaz garage just on the Wicklow/Dublin border. Ouch!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

dar83 wrote: »
    Passed the first 168.9 I've seen on my way home from Wicklow about an hour ago. It was a Topaz garage just on the Wicklow/Dublin border. Ouch!

In kilmac? It's always one of the highest!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

Into optimistic.

Last time I put €30 from topaz kilternan got me 204 miles.

I'm in texaco now putting another 30 in.

Have pics of all

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Few cans of Bulmers as a cure.

Warm, but meh.

Jemmy wrote: »
    In kilmac? It's always one of the highest!

Could have been alright. I was having to pay attention to the road quite a bit so I don't know exactly where I was. :P

Never got to chat to ya yesterday, saw ya just after I arrived but you disappeared before I could say hello. All good? How's the track car hunt coming along?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Was on the way to work today down the airport hill, traffic rushing up the hill with a b6 passat leading the way. Just before it flew passed me i heard a loud enough bang, the engine sounded like there was a bag of nails in it while it passed and then it proceeded to choke me with black smoke as it continued on. The amount of smoke coming out the back was amazing! Covered all behind it.
    Blown turbo? Needless to say he stopped pretty hastily!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

Was on the way to work today down the airport hill, traffic rushing up the hill with a b6 passat leading the way. Just before it flew passed me i heard a loud enough bang, the engine sounded like there was a bag of nails in it while it passed and then it proceeded to choke me with black smoke as it continued on. The amount of smoke coming out the back was amazing! Covered all behind it.
    Blown turbo? Needless to say he stopped pretty hastily!
    Sounds familiar. Mine dropped a valve to produce the same effect

I thought you might have an idea alright johno :o
    Are you home and all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

I thought you might have an idea alright johno :o
    Are you home and all?
    Just in the door a few minutes.

The 75 is a very nice long distance driver. 41 mpg which considering I was wasn't worrying about penalty points and the car comes with an auto box wasn't too shabby I thought. I'll do a proper mpg test in the next tank

I wish you all the best with it anyway. May the days of tow trucks be gone! :)
    The 75 is still a fine looking car. Seriously considering an x type as my next car. Love the look of them. I get the feeling from the reaction to colms purchase of an s type theyre not very reliable though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Mental fog out there now on the m1. Visibility a couple of metres at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

Jimdagym wrote: »
    Mental fog out there now on the m1. Visibility a couple of metres at times.

Foggy on the n2 but not affecting visibility that much. Its bloody nippy out though!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

mrs crilly wrote: »
    Foggy on the n2 but not affecting visibility that much. Its bloody nippy out though!

From the walshestown off ramp into Balbriggan it's the worst fog I have ever seen. You can only see your road position by a couple of feet of white line visible in front of the car. Scary stuff. It should burn off quick enough though.

Its bloody nippy out though!

Mmmmm nips out...

Damn it, it's contagious! :(

Jimdagym wrote: »
    From the walshestown off ramp into Balbriggan it's the worst fog I have ever seen. You can only see your road position by a couple of feet of white line visible in front of the car. Scary stuff. It should burn off quick enough though.

Yikes :eek: I am glad I don't have to encounter that every morning, fog is one of the freakiest things to drive in!
    Mmmmm nips out...

Damn it, it's contagious! :(

Well covered up I am afraid Dar now behave yourself :P

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Seriously considering an x type as my next car.

You're an old man trapped in a young man's body aren't ya? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Could have been alright. I was having to pay attention to the road quite a bit so I don't know exactly where I was. :P

Never got to chat to ya yesterday, saw ya just after I arrived but you disappeared before I could say hello. All good? How's the track car hunt coming along?

Had a whopper headache so I gave up & went to the car for what was meant to be a few mins to chill & fell asleep! So didn't get to chat much, only woke up when my lift opened the door & most ppl had gone at that stage! :(

All good thanks, & you? Car was looking very well btw, sparkling! :D
    Em the hunt has kinda been put on hold for a few weeks, been so busy with work unfortunately

You're an old man trapped in a young man's body aren't ya? :P

Just like to go against the masses :)Plus if someone asks me what i drive id like to be able to say, a jaaaaaaag :cool:
    The only thing that would put me off would be the centre console, its a bit mank imo

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Just like to go against the masses :)Plus if someone asks me what i drive id like to be able to say, a jaaaaaaag :cool:
    The only thing that would put me off would be the centre console, its a bit mank imo

Surely you mean "Just like to go to mass" :P

• Registered Users Posts: 28,957 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Jemmy wrote: »
    Had a whopper headache

WHERE'S MY DUVET!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

I wish you all the best with it anyway. May the days of tow trucks be gone! :)
    The 75 is still a fine looking car. Seriously considering an x type as my next car. Love the look of them. I get the feeling from the reaction to colms purchase of an s type theyre not very reliable though?

Colm's is manual I believe so that's one of the main concerns wiped out.

X types aren't at all unreliable imo :)
    Two lads I know have them for years, one just sold his 2001 2.5 AWD the other has the same from new. The diesel front wheel drive ones aren't any worse than any other diesel from the mid 00s reliability wise :)

Thanks RJ. They are a fine looking car imo. Really classy. Id be getting a 2.5 manual although the 2.0 diesels are so cheap!

How cheap are they nowadays, when I was a rep one of the directors got a dechromed one in black, looked very tasty.

This little fella has been out sunbathing opposite my office in Dublin 2 all morning, well for some :cool:

fox.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

Id like to report that the bonnet on the Alfa is now opening again:D
    It only took all morning.... Oil checked, washer topped up...sorted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭Johntegr

I've a slow puncture. Looks like tyres are getting expressed up my list.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Catxscotch

Hello Everyone, I ilke the idea of random chat. I drive a company van, peugeot partner, but am hoping to be upgraded to a car this year..I want an Audi, Not sure if I can wait though, I reaaaly want one!

Company car is a fairly decent perk nowadays, I had one 6 or 7 years ago, great if you're doing the business miles to get the BIK down.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

This little fella has been out sunbathing opposite my office in Dublin 2 all morning, well for some :cool:

Nice view from the office, with that kind of view the boss certainly has no worrys about you being distracted from your work :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

pred racer wrote: »
    Id like to report that the bonnet on the Alfa is now opening again:D
    It only took all morning.... Oil checked, washer topped up...sorted!

I'd also like to report that the system to tell you there is a blown bulb actually Works:eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement