Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***ALL OT CHAT HERE***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭Johntegr

pred racer wrote: »
    I'd also like to report that the system to tell you there is a blown bulb actually Works:eek:
    Unless it changes the bulb for me, I don't want it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

Nice view from the office, with that kind of view the boss certainly has no worrys about you being distracted from your work :p

Well there was an aston martin ( i think! ) parked down there the other day and i was perving over it. None of the lads i work with are into cars they all think im a weirdo. They are the freaks :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

mrs crilly wrote: »
    Well there was an aston martin ( i think! ) parked down there the other day and i was perving over it. None of the lads i work with are into cars they all think im a weirdo. They are the freaks :p

Wha and you didnt get any pics for the "heres what I saw today" thread? :(. They are indeed the freaks.

Wha and you didnt get any pics for the "heres what I saw today" thread? :(. They are indeed the freaks.

I put it on my Facebook :o I tried to tell people i got parking for the day. It didnt work!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

RoverJames wrote: »
    Colm's is manual I believe so that's one of the main concerns wiped out.

X types aren't at all unreliable imo :)
    Two lads I know have them for years, one just sold his 2001 2.5 AWD the other has the same from new. The diesel front wheel drive ones aren't any worse than any other diesel from the mid 00s reliability wise :)

The 4.0 is supposed to give bothers, the auto box is a disaster on the earlier 3.0 models.
    The 3.0 is supposed to be the best engine (same as Mondeo S220, but Jag is 240hp) of the bunch, and being manual you don't have the associated problems like jerky gearchange and randomly selecting reverse. Happily, there's only 0.4 of a second to 60 difference between a manual 3.0 and a 4.0 (not that 0-60 is relevant, but whatever)

The X type doesn't pull off the old "I have a Jaaaaaaag" thing. Part of the mystique of a Jag is the big petrol engine, the torturous fuel consumption, and that you'd never buy one using your head over your heart.
    :D

(That all sounds so fanboi-ish)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

colm_mcm wrote: »
    The X type doesn't pull off the old "I have a Jaaaaaaag" thing. Part of the mystique of a Jag is the big petrol engine, the torturous fuel consumption, and that you'd never buy one using your head over your heart.
    :D)
    Having driven an X-Type before I think my 75 is more of a baby Jag than the X-Type..........

I'll get my hat, gloves and smoking jacket :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Any decent pics from that 640 lads? What a car!

johnos1984 wrote: »
    Having driven an X-Type before I think my 75 is more of a baby Jag than the X-Type..........

I'll get my hat, gloves and smoking jacket :pac:

From memory, the S Type and the 75 were launched at the same motor show, the 75 was the one pulling the crowds in.

From memory, the S Type and the 75 were launched at the same motor show, the 75 was the one pulling the crowds in.
    Aye while the Germans were doing their best to make a balls of the launch at the same time

Aye while the Germans were doing their best to make a balls of the launch at the same time

The story of the 75 is a strange one alright. There's hours of reading on the subject on aronline.co.uk (but you already knew that)

• Advertisement

The story of the 75 is a strange one alright. There's hours of reading on the subject on aronline.co.uk (but you already knew that)
    I've had to do some fiddling to get back on.......;)

What did you get banned for? i made some comments about the new MGs that didn't go down too well.

What did you get banned for? i made some comments about the new MGs that didn't go down too well.

Keith Adams has no sense of humour :D

Myself and himself down the physio with our bad backs this evening. He is in a bad way. One of his cervical discs in his neck is bulging into is spinal chord his arms are going numb. Physio is certain it will require surgery. Mri booked for Friday morning. This is not good :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Myself and himself down the physio with our bad backs this evening. He is in a bad way. One of his cervical discs in his neck is bulging into is spinal chord his arms are going numb. Physio is certain it will require surgery. Mri booked for Friday morning. This is not good :(

I feel your pain, I pulled my lower back many a time. Once had to have 3 sessions of physio... At my age :( Hence why comfy seats are important to me in a car!

Speaking of doctors, I'm delighted to learn I'm not going bananas and just suffering a mental anxiety, possibly a passing phase that should go in due time. Booking sessions wit a counsellor tomorrow. Relief :)

What on earth were you both doing that you BOTH put your backs out :confused:

He has degenerative disc disease on the discs on his lower back and my back is fooked from car crashes. And well the bondage doesnt help i suppose. Might have to loosen the chains a bit.

He has degenerative disc disease on the discs on his lower back and my back is fooked from car crashes.

Bet you feel like a right pr1ck now John ! :D

MugMugs wrote: »
    :o A bit..........

John you will now bow to Mistress Crilly or else!

• Advertisement

John you will now bow to Mistress Crilly or else!

Or else what? You're not making yourself out to be the most able bodied now! :p

Or else what? You're not making yourself out to be the most able bodied now! :p

I have a whip i can still reach him from my death bed! Ok i lie can somebody make me a cup of tea and a hot water bottle :(

I have a whip i can still reach him from my death bed! Ok i lie can somebody make me a cup of tea and a hot water bottle :(
    If it makes you feel any better my back is in agony too.

I hadn't seen my other half in 4 weeks when I met her on Saturday night

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Johnny Depp is dead??? Is this true?

It's not on TMZ therefore I doubt it

No way where did you hear that?

Should i be worried that you know what that website is? Not even i use it!

Should i be worried that you know what that website is? Not even i use it!
    A brief moment of weakness :o

Thread cleaned up. For anyone wanting to discuss snail trails:

Aquariums/ Terrariums / Vivariums Forum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

What the hell is that??
    No way where did you hear that?

It came up on my news feed thing on FB.