Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***ALL OT CHAT HERE***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

robbie_998 wrote: »
    Anybody got anything nice to use to shampoo car carpet / mats ?

cant find much on micks garage.

Autoglym Interior Shampoo is very good

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

Marlow wrote: »
    VVTL-i is the latest incarnation. VVT-i the most common one. The VVT in VVT-i stands for Variable Valve Timing, you know :) ... Read the article I linked.

There are different stages of VTEC, too. And later VTEC has it's advantages over other systems.

I left out a pile of systems, including Porsches Variocam. My point was, VTEC is not a Honda exclusive. It's just called something else with other manufacturers.

/M

I prefer when its called a Turbo:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

pred racer wrote: »
    I prefer when its called a Turbo:D

Dude. That's additionally to the valve timing. Or a supercharger for that sake.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

BDJW wrote: »

Take this and a basin and hot water. Mix up a solution of about 20:1, then use a sponge and very little liquid to clean the seats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

BDJW wrote: »
    Take this and a basin and hot water. Mix up a solution of about 20:1, then use a sponge and very little liquid to clean the seats.

Cheers lads.

this is going to be my project after work :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭Johntegr

mrs crilly wrote: »
    Can i ask a really retarded question? What is vtec :o I know its something that uses a lot of petrol thats it.

Plain and simple High & Low lift VTEC animation.

Get's a bit more complicated when it comes to i-VTEC as you have VTC working in sync with the VTEC.

Notice when the pin locks the 2 segments of the cams the smaller segment is forced to follow a bigger path/stroke.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

robbie_998 wrote: »
    Cheers lads.

this is going to be my project after work :)

1 part flash concentrate to 4 parts water in a sprat bottle. Go at it with a soft nailbrush. Works wonders.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

RoverJames wrote: »
    Most of those systems are a tad more sophisticated than VTEC though :)

You are right, more chance of something going wrong :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

Johntegr wrote: »
    Plain and simple High & Low lift VTEC animation.

I can't view in work but I will check it out later on, as always thank you for the science lesson :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Quick question for yehs,

My cars due a service its last one was 12 months ago ive only done 9000km I dont do heavy mileage live close to the job, So got the phone call of Mooneys who do the Honda service for me and was told on the phone it only needs a Bronze service basically just an oil change, I would have went for the gold and got everything done, plugs filters etc. Would the oil change service be enough? Basically is what im asking.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

I would be happy enough with just oil, oil filter and air filter.

Depends on what plugs are in it tbh.

Most the time an oil + filter change does the job and then just inspect the consumables like discs & pads and keep them in mind for if they need doing soon or on the next service.

Wouldn't hurt to do the air filter and cabin filter while you're at it.

If you have your owners manual it should tell you what to have done at certain mileage or as the car ages if the mileage is lower than normal. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

conzymaher wrote: »
    I would be happy enough with just oil, oil filter and air filter.
    Johntegr wrote: »
    Depends on what plugs are in it tbh.

Most the time an oil + filter change does the job and then just inspect the consumables like discs & pads and keep them in mind for if they need doing soon or on the next service.

Wouldn't hurt to do the air filter and cabin filter while you're at it.

If you have your owners manual it should tell you what to have done at certain mileage or as the car ages if the mileage is lower than normal. :)

Tbh I couldnt tell you what plugs are in it id suspect the standard Honda Accord ones since I got it serviced by Honda?

Pads are being done as we speak by a mate of mine done the front ones a few months ago backs ones now.

With Honda The bronze is oil only, silver is oil and filter, and gold is the works.

Cheers ill take a look at the manual aswell. ill also ring Honda to specify exactly whats what in each service I think, they rang me when I was half asleep:o so fresh head would help and get the exact details of them.

Tbh I couldnt tell you what plugs are in it id suspect the standard Honda Accord ones since I got it serviced by Honda?

Pads are being done as we speak by a mate of mine done the front ones a few months ago backs ones now.

With Honda The bronze is oil only, silver is oil and filter, and gold is the works.

Cheers ill take a look at the manual aswell. ill also ring Honda to specify exactly whats what in each service I think, they rang me when I was half asleep:o so fresh head would help and get the exact details of them.
    I think bronze is oil + Filter and silver is oil + filter and air filter. Never heard of somewhere changing oil and leaving in an old filter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

Car booked in for it's VRT assessment tomorrow:)

Anyone know where the CC is stamped on the car. Revenue gives 2 sizes.....there is a 100e difference between them

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The reason ones more than the other is they don't have a value on their system for the emissions for 1951cc so the calc is going with 999g/km and 36% vrt.
    If you manually input the emissions in the calculator as per the v5 cert you'll get a lower price.

Both have the CO2 emissions including but they have a 300e difference in OMSP for the same car

Will you tell me the year, spec, mileage and emissions?

It it a ctd or ctdi?

June 2004 Rover 75 CDTI auto conni se with 58400 miles.

Two engine options show up, 1951CC (correct size) and 1997cc......no engine of that size.

Emissions are 190g

It's about €100 difference but I'd rather put that in the fuel tank

• Advertisement

Mg owners club list a 1997cc diesel

http://www.mgownersclub.co.uk/mg-zt-zt-t.html

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Mg owners club list a 1997cc diesel

http://www.mgownersclub.co.uk/mg-zt-zt-t.html

Tis true then. I could only find reference to a 1951cc although I always believed it was 1997cc myself.

It says 1951cc on the UK log book

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

Hi Johnos1984,
    I've thinking about getting a 75 ctdi tourer, when I check VRT I usually get a VRT due of 480E. (Looking for a 2002 with less than 80K). Is there a VRT surcharge for the high trim specification on the Connie ?

Niall

njburke wrote: »
    Hi Johnos1984,
    I've thinking about getting a 75 ctdi tourer, when I check VRT I usually get a VRT due of 480E. (Looking for a 2002 with less than 80K). Is there a VRT surcharge for the high trim specification on the Connie ?

Niall

Hi Niall,

I'd say it has more to do with mine being 2 years newer as it's a 2004 75.

Any luck in your search? A 2002 model should have a nicer finish than mine as the newer ones came with odd specs and some of the nicer bits removed.

Doesn't the v5 have the engine cc?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

Found a bit of an oddball, a club SE with sunroof, pre heater and sat nav but it has 107K on the clock. Seats are cloth, but I'm sure I'ld fit leather seats relatively cheaply.
    The good ones don't seem to remain listed for long, did you make the sale over the phone? or get the dealer to hold it on a deposit ?

Niall

njburke wrote: »
    Found a bit of an oddball, a club SE with sunroof, pre heater and sat nav but it has 107K on the clock. Seats are cloth, but I'm sure I'ld fit leather seats relatively cheaply.
    The good ones don't seem to remain listed for long, did you make the sale over the phone? or get the dealer to hold it on a deposit ?

Niall
    Sounds to me like the owner added a few extras himself which isn't unusual. The pre heater would be nice though.

I had a friend in the trade over there who sourced the car for me. Make sure you get it checked out however prior to purchase.

@Colm, the V5 states 1951cc I'm just wondering are the revenue figures correct however as a 1991cc engine is the same afaik

It'll go on the one that matches the v5

colm_mcm wrote: »
    It'll go on the one that matches the v5
    I imagine so too but I may try an appeal anyway if they are free :)

Is wheeler dealers on tonight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

its usually on at 12am on discovery turbo i think. i always watch it from 12-1 anyway :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement