Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***ALL OT CHAT HERE***

Options

Comments

Rover's flying at the moment :)
    Tractor noise ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

RoverJames wrote: »
    Rover's flying at the moment :)
    Tractor noise ?

good to hear,

and sorry, my very weak attempt at a hit at diesel :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

robbie_998 wrote: »
    good to hear,

Jaysus, I didn't know rover were making V6 petrol-diesel hybrids these days :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

hows the rover for you ? does the tractor noise scare little kids away ?
    good to hear,

I got a laugh out of it anyway - although I'm pretty sure RJ is in a petrol. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

A gem of a quote from Ardennes regarding paint correction:
    i thought for some of the cutting pads you might just use them straight on the paint

:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

good to hear,

I think he thinks I'm you RJ :D

The Rover is fine so far and the Wurthers originals in the glovebox are keeping all the kids happy :p

Sadly NCTS are being a shower of shyte.

VRT paid..........decided I'd book it in for the NCT then but I have to wait a few weeks until they request the details from Shannon. I don't remember this being the case the last time I tried to book. Asked if I was ok to keep driving the car and got the following response "I dunno but that's a good question"

Decided then I'd be a good citizen and tax it.........it's not showing up on the online system, fair enough I only VRT'd it an hour ago. I decided to go to the tax office which is shut.

On a positive note I'm getting a local sign company to make a fitted plate for the rear

johnos1984 wrote: »
    Wurthers originals in the glovebox are keeping all the kids happy

:eek::eek::eek:

Is it really a good thing that you have daily access to children??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

Think one my speakers is on its way out. Sounds like there is a locust living in it with the squeak its making :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

mrs crilly wrote: »
    Think one my speakers is on its way out. Sounds like there is a locust living in it with the squeak its making :mad:

Buy new ones and slap a sub in the boot also. :cool:

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Its been quiet in here the last few days, must be the weather, everyone is out polishing and waxing or drinking it seems :)

• Advertisement

conzymaher wrote: »
    Its been quiet in here the last few days, must be the weather, everyone is out polishing and waxing or drinking it seems :)

Yeah, now get out there and do it yourself :P

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

conzymaher wrote: »

Working nights at the moment. :mad:

Buy new ones and slap a sub in the boot also. :cool:

Im not a bleedin boy racer!

Kicking back with a can of Bulmers :cool:

Im not a bleedin boy racer!

You dont have to be a boy racer to have some bass.

IMO boy racers have a cheap car like a corsa, with alloyes and a loud exhaust.

Kicking back with a can of Bulmers :cool:

My cup of tea does not sound as appealing as it did before i read that post. And i have cans in the fridge. Oh interesting!

My cup of tea does not sound as appealing as it did before i read that post. And i have cans in the fridge. Oh interesting!

GET IT IN YOU

You dont have to be a boy racer to have some bass.

Are they heavy? I cant take any more excess weight in the boot. To be fair there is decent enough bass from the speakers. And i am going deaf already not sure i need any more encouragement...

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

With a sub, youll have better sound cos your speakers won't be thumping away from the bass. A small amp and sub all in one combo would be the job. Thinking of getting one for the jag but I'd probably have to change the - and tacky and all as the factory one is it looks original.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Are they heavy? I cant take any more excess weight in the boot. To be fair there is decent enough bass from the speakers. And i am going deaf already not sure i need any more encouragement...

You can get "low profile" ones which can fit under your seat.It's on my list of things to do.

• Advertisement

colm_mcm wrote: »
    With a sub, youll have better sound cos your speakers won't be thumping away from the bass. A small amp and sub all in one combo would be the job. Thinking of getting one for the jag but I'd probably have to change the - and tacky and all as the factory one is it looks original.

Are they hard put in? Allways wondered where do you hide the wires and such.?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Are they hard put in? Allways wondered where do you hide the wires and such.?

Nah, breaks down like this

Heavy permanent live wire from the battery to the amp
    Light accessory live from the headunit as a trigger
    Audio cables from the headunit
    Earth from the amp to the body

Hardest bit is running the permanent live through the bulkhead

Easy enough to run them along under the carpet by the doors

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Been abroad with work these past few weeks, working in an internal windowless room and it 24+ degrees outside

Glad to be home, picking up the car after the wishbone was replaced in its entireity as opposed to just the bushes, but looks like another full nct as I forgot to book the restest in time :(

Am frantically checking the site every few hours for a retest date in multiple centres!

Is a new bushing in a wishbone a hard to do or expensive job?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Is a new bushing in a wishbone a hard to do or expensive job?

No this is where english drives me mad, you've bushes/bushings in wishbones, and steering racks, for all you mechanically minded people, please elaborate if I've missed something (probably have :D)

However for my car, the bushes for the wishbone were about €30 apiece Mine needed two. Labour about an hour, mechanic considered it a fairly easy job. Actually replacing the wishbone involved a bit more so it was 2-3 hours labour, is that any help?

Stheno wrote: »
    is that any help?
    Feck no I'm as thick as a plank

I just have a knock/creak when I turn the steering wheel and someone on here said it sounded very much like a wishbone bushing

Feck no I'm as thick as a plank

I just have a knock/creak when I turn the steering wheel and someone on here said it sounded very much like a wishbone bushing

From nasty alfa experience, where the evil bushes/bushing are related to the steering rack, that's bad bad news, mainly as the bushes/bushings were attached to the steering rack.

That might well be me not relating them belonging to both tho.

In my current alfa, they were nothing to do with the rack, but the wishbone attached to the ball joint and caused a lack of firmness cornering

Now I've no clue about how all this links up but just saying depending on what it actually is, it could be a pissant job, or a massive one.

I'm sure someone mechanically knowledgable will be around soon to howl with laughter at us and give us some perspective, but at least I might learn something :)_

tl;dr if it's bushes related to the steering rack on an alfa you're fecked.
    If it's bushes related to the wishbone you're not.

Please don't make me **** myself with an alarming post like that :eek:

I'd be shocked if it was the rack as I've never heard, read or even seen suggested that a rack has failed on a 75. Lots of other thigs yet but never the rack

Just had a thought that if someone mechanical put together a small diagram/glossary it might be a great help?

I understand it takes time and effort but might help gob****es like me.

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement