Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***ALL OT CHAT HERE***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

johnos1984 wrote: »
    I've had enough contact with mechanics of late :D

If there is a demand for it and someone wants to promote their business I'm happy to organise it in conjunction with a meet or as a stand alone weekend event.

If anyone wants to PM me about offering the service I'll help organise it...............the service can even be done on my new car............and that noise can be fixed *ahem*

I know where there is a Passat that can be used for demostrations:P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

I'm currently checking out the plausibility of having a Boards meet/open day at my place so demonstrations etc could be added to the days activities..

Free tools!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

Jimdagym wrote: »
    Free tools!!!

Followed closely by public disembowling!:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Thanks for that, but honestly im just more confused. Il have to search google for "install a sub for dummies." it strange becouse I could read that 100+ times and I still wouldent have a clue. But thanks for trying.

You need to read my van thread from page one. Installed subs and an amp at one stage, took them out again. Lots of basic DIY stuff in there too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Dartz

Wondering if there's a common Earth link between whatever tells the engine it's up to proper temperature and the gearbox monitoring hardware on an '02 Laguna. Haynes manual isn't being helpful.

I don't know why I have the energy for this at nearly 3am.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

Dartz wrote: »
    Wondering if there's a common Earth link between whatever tells the engine it's up to proper temperature and the gearbox monitoring hardware on an '02 Laguna. Haynes manual isn't being helpful.

I don't know why I have the energy for this at nearly 3am.

The chassis of your car is the common earth (or more properly ground) link between everything. To find out anything more involved you need the wiring schematics for your car. Or to trace the wires(which is damn near impossible!)
    What makes you think they are connected? And btw there is nothing to say you dont have 2 bad grounds:D

Woke up this morning at 05:50:eek: with a pain in my back:(
    Always a worrying moment for me as i crushed a bone in my spine a few yrs ago. But it seems to be just a muscle:) (there are a couple hidden down there somewhere)

On the plus side my alfa is getting a service today, after i eventually got the bonnet open:o there is too much oil in it(normally means it was stopped during a dpf regen) ill change the oil and filter(using the ramp in my local tyre centre, mates are great:p) and he will give her the once over(mechanic mates are even better:D) ready for her first Nct next week!

Now all i need is for someone (Metzer) to want to practice some polishing tecniques on it :cool::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

I would love to go along to a demo day like that, I will propably never attempt any of the things that I see but would be nice to see how it is all done!
    Marlow wrote: »
    If I remember correctly, detailer.ie does courses on how to do all these things. Not too expensive either.

/M
    I did the beginners detailing course it was good but yes he is out of business now.
    johnos1984 wrote: »
    Would it be a good idea to invite them along to a meet for a demonstration and sales opportunity to members?

Detailing Shed might be able to help out with this, I am mates with the owner I can speak to them about if we want?
    pred racer wrote: »
    Woke up this morning at 05:50:eek: with a pain in my back:(
    Always a worrying moment for me as i crushed a bone in my spine a few yrs ago. But it seems to be just a muscle:) (there are a couple hidden down there somewhere)

Urgh I feel your pain I am in agony at the moment :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I'm not to far behind yehs with two wrote off shoulders, my right arm in can't lift over shoulder height or put any weight on without getting this popping feeling and feeling paun along with it and now my left shoulder has decided to join the party keep getting this burning sensation around my shoulder blade :(. It's making work interesting to say the least :cool:.

keep getting this burning sensation around my shoulder blade :(. It's making work interesting to say the least :cool:.

I have had that pain for the last 2 weeks it's agony.

My spine is all compressed around the neck, the physio did some work on them the other day to try and loosen it all up, it worked a bit, have to go back to her on Monday for round too.

Cross your hands across your chest, then turn as far as you can to the right, then do it again for your left side, do 5 each side.

Then do another 5 but hold the stretch and take a deep breath, this expands your diaphragm and in turn helps things loosen up, thats what the physio told me. She asked me to do 10 of them every hour.

Some of these might help as well:
    http://www.holistic-back-relief.com/neck-pain-relief.html

But really you should get to a physio and see what they say.

Or else come to me I am qualified in Swedish Massage :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭no1beemerfan

colm_mcm wrote: »
    That place closed down a few months ago.

Didn't think that place would last tbh. Its too radical for a place like Ireland unfortunately. Shame really.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Cheers for that I'll them a try see if they help :)

Swedish massage ive no idea what that involves but sounds good to me :D

Cheers for that I'll them a try see if they help :)

Swedish massage ive no idea what that involves but sounds good to me :D

Just don't go to a chiropractor whatever you do :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,957 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

mrs crilly wrote: »
    Just don't go to a chiropractor whatever you do :eek::eek:

why?

Quazzie wrote: »
    why?
    LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Voodoo magic thats all they use :pac: You feel better for about 5 minutes and then its back to normal. Apart from your wallet getting lighter nothing much changes :)

I went to a chiropractor for about a year and like above you felt great for 5 mins and then you would be back in again the next week to get your bones cracked.

I just don't trust that manipulation of the bones it can't be good.

Physio and pilates all the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

Garda in town stopping cars on one way street. Thought it was a checkpoint until he asked did I have a set of jump leads !

I pulled over and all to help assuming I had them in the boot but I must have taken them out when I was moving :/

Felt like a right gob****e afterwards. Was gonna be a big moment for a pic and all of my car booting up a Garda bike :( oh well

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

robbie_998 wrote: »
    Garda in town stopping cars on one way street. Thought it was a checkpoint until he asked did I have a set of jump leads !

I pulled over and all to help assuming I had them in the boot but I must have taken them out when I was moving :/

Felt like a right gob****e afterwards. Was gonna be a big moment for a pic and all of my car booting up a Garda bike :( oh well

Think I seen you yesterday evening around Kiltipper!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

I thought you had no insurance etc. on your car :confused:

Jemmy wrote: »

Think I seen you yesterday evening around Kiltipper!

I was there after 5 wearing a grey shirt and If I was driving I had sun glasses unless it was about 6.

And was up there again at night but with other people in another car.

He has it for the next few months :)
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=77826024

• Advertisement

The last 3 months of my insurance is free so I'm leaving that on with the last of the tax so I'm not actually paying anything.

It's when they finish if I still don't have a job I'm taking it off the road. But I'm in town today for an interview

I was there after 5 wearing a grey shirt and If I was driving I had sun glasses unless it was about 6.

Red FN2 yea? You were driving out to the roundabout coming out from the Spar/pub area, we were heading in for a nice cold pint & grub!

Good luck with the interview btw

Jemmy wrote: »

Red FN2 yea? You were driving out to the roundabout coming out from the Spar/pub area, we were heading in for a nice cold pint & grub!

Good luck with the interview btw

Yes I just finished doing some work on the apartment. Being painted today !

Will be renting it out !

And lucky you :P never tried that pub but the spar is big :)

Thank you !

Yes I just finished doing some work on the apartment. Being painted today !

Will be renting it out !

And lucky you :P never tried that pub but the spar is big :)

Thank you !

Foods good, beer is cheapish (well Jameson is!) & it's 2 mins walk from my place so it's all good! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭creedp

I went to a chiropractor for about a year and like above you felt great for 5 mins and then you would be back in again the next week to get your bones cracked.

I just don't trust that manipulation of the bones it can't be good.

Physio and pilates all the way.

I've spent over €1k on chiropractors over the last couple of years -€50 a pop and have to agree with this view. Problems with left shoulder and hip which have deteriorated rather than improved during this time. I have to say they are pretty persuasive and have no end of literature to back up their claims.

Problem is I have also been to physios and have had a similar experience .. so at moment just getting on with it as have little or no faith in any of these guys. If money wasn't tight I would probably go back to physio for a few sessions but .......

creedp wrote: »
    Problem is I have also been to physios and have had a similar experience .. so at moment just getting on with it as have little or no faith in any of these guys. If money wasn't tight I would probably go back to physio for a few sessions but .......

Go to your doctor and ask for a referral to your local hospital? It might take a while to get an apt but it will be free as you have been referred.

Maybe just even go to one physio session and see what they say and ask for some exercises?

I know it's a pain in the arse doing the exercise but if you do them as presbribed they can really help I find.

Physio and chiropractor are not mutually exclusive, and in fact are complimentary. After you get the bone cracking, you need to avoid the muscles going back to their old, bad place (muscle memory) so then you need physio and exercise( and possibly posture change and different pillows/bed etc) You need to find a chiropractor and physio which are interested in finding what caused the injury rather than just treating the symptoms. Treating the problem alone doesnt work!

Btw the alfa is now serviced( only took me 3 hrs, the dozy bint in the motor factors giving me the wrong oil filter didnt help:mad:)) who'd have thought that the front bumper was a good place for the air filter:confused:

Anyone fancy trying out their polishing teqhnique on it:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭creedp

Go to your doctor and ask for a referral to your local hospital? It might take a while to get an apt but it will be free as you have been referred.

Maybe just even go to one physio session and see what they say and ask for some exercises?

I know it's a pain in the arse doing the exercise but if you do them as presbribed they can really help I find.

May give that a go next time Im at the docs .. can't make things any worse! Thanks

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Thats a big sig Ardennes :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

pred racer wrote: »
    who'd have thought that the front bumper was a good place for the air filter:confused:

A lot of BMWs have their air-intake behind the front bumper. Bad plan really, because you flood the engine easily. Too low down for the air intake. Having the airfilter there sounds like a worse plan.

/M

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement