Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***ALL OT CHAT HERE***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Then I got into my big clattery diesel estate and almost cried, lol!

What happened to yer E30?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Confab wrote: »
    What happened to yer E30?

Sold it. It didn't have test and I spotted a bit of rust underneath and it had me some what worried. A friend of a friend gave me €900 for it, and the bloody thing passed the NCT without changing a bulb :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Anyone here ever have a z3? Dont usually like them but this looks nice. If only it had the 2.2 :(http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2770068

Full-8930756.jpeg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Anyone here ever have a z3? Dont usually like them but this looks nice. If only it had the 2.2 :(http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2770068

Full-8930756.jpeg

Not very manly imo..

• Registered Users Posts: 28,955 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Marlow's mate has just bought one. Knowing Marlow I'm sure he has done lots of research into them since so will be able to answer most questions on them.

• Advertisement

-Corkie- wrote: »
    Not very manly imo..

The choice of nippy 2seater convertibles is small enough. Dont want an mx5, dont like the newer mr2 that much, doubt an z4 will come into price range.

The choice of nippy 2seater convertibles is small enough. Dont want an mx5, dont like the newer mr2 that much, doubt an z4 will come into price range.

I hear ya but maybe its just me. I knew two different fellas that had them and they were very feminine men... Nice looking car though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

-Corkie- wrote: »
    Not very manly imo..

Esp with one of of those pink cancer awareness stickers on the back ha!

This on the other hand...mmm
    Full?id=8127028
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2575115

I couldnt give a **** if they had vaginas :D its a fine line with the likes of a z3 but i think it just qualifies on the good side. One line that i always remember from jeremy clarkson which i though was cool and went something like " cheap 2 seater cars like these ( barchetta mx5 and z3 ) give something that a 50k 5 series cant give, and thats thousands of miles of free headroom" thought it was a nice point :)

Insurance on that s2000 would be near impossible!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

True, but worth it... ;)

How about an Astra?

Ok, it's a 1.6....

Full?id=8102778

Manlier???

Full?id=8509954

Manliest???

Full?id=8561430

• Advertisement

Mustang is savage and its in Cork...

Lads lads lads....im 20! :o

I wish i was..:(

.... dont like the newer mr2 that much.................

I was disgusted with Toyota when that was launched, loved the previous MR2s.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Anyone here ever have a z3? Dont usually like them but this looks nice. If only it had the 2.2 :(
    Quazzie wrote: »
    Marlow's mate has just bought one. Knowing Marlow I'm sure he has done lots of research into them since so will be able to answer most questions on them.

Aye. Mate of mine bought a '98 1.9 for just under 3k only a few weeks ago.

It's a bit undermotorized, but honestly still loads of fun. Better than the MGF's he had before anyhow. The plan is maybe to supercharge it later on, if he wants more power or trade it on for a bigger one.

He got very lucky though, because he got a red one, which is a rare enough color with black leather, fully electric seats, electric roof and a good few other extras for very decent money from a dealer. Including 6 months NCT and 3 months warranty on gearbox and engine. They even detailed, valeted and serviced the car before handing it over.

2.0 and 2.2's are super rare in Ireland, so hard to come by and a good bit more expensive. A Z3m would obviously the ultimate aim anyhow :)

In general, look out damage at the rear quarter panels and for rust under the boot floor. Also make sure, that the roof functions as intended.

We looked at a couple of them, one as cheap as 1600 quid, but that needed a good bit work and the immobilizer was shagged, so it wouldn't start when we turned up.

In general, you'll hardly find one under 4k.

/M

Thanks marlow you're very efficient :) theres not much point in forking out more for a newer one like a 01 as they will be under the new nct rule anyway. The 6 pot in a z3 would be sweet but again hard to find. If done nicely, they are pretty but some look rough as hell

Thanks marlow you're very efficient :) theres not much point in forking out more for a newer one like a 01 as they will be under the new nct rule anyway. The 6 pot in a z3 would be sweet but again hard to find. If done nicely, they are pretty but some look rough as hell

Aye. That was the thing about the silver one for 1600 EUR and the work needed and the red one for just under 3k from a dealer, that was showroom nice and maintained by somebody, that really cared.

Not much of a decision in such a case. You can spend easily another 1500 EUR on the car, if it needs work.

Anyhow, even though the 1.9 is a 4-pot, it actually gives a nice sound from it and it's well nippy. I'm just spoiled when it comes to power from the engine.

/M

Yeah but.... Do YOU have thousands of miles of free headroom? :D

Yeah but.... Do YOU have thousands of miles of free headroom? :D

I'm 1.85m , so 6.06 ft and even with hat, I have plenty of headroom. I'd nearly buy one myself, but it would have to be a Z3m. No less.

/M

This one is nice, http://www.driving.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=201125203008050

media?xwm=y&id=12361020&width=400&height=300

On a completely different note. Is the any difference between a 4 and pot noise wise?

• Advertisement

On a completely different note. Is the any difference between a 4 and pot noise wise?

If you mean loudness, then no. BMW's generally need an aftermarket exhaust for the sound really to come out. But engine sound, it's very hard to beat a 6-pot ... well .. 8-pot beats it :)

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Marlow wrote: »
    even with hat

/M

haha never seen without it :P:D

Jemmy wrote: »
    haha never seen without it :P:D

It happens. Especially recently, as it's way too windy and I'd just loose it.

/M

Sorry in my question avove i meant is there any difference between a 4pot and 5pot noise wise? Does the 5pot have any of the beautiful grunt a 6 has?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Insurance is ridiculous on them , I'm 27 with a full NCD and I struggled.I'm still only paying €900 but compared to the vRS and Euro R before that it's expensive imo.

By the way lads,get your nominations in

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056489698

Sorry in my question avove i meant is there any difference between a 4pot and 5pot noise wise? Does the 5pot have any of the beautiful grunt a 6 has?

5 pot is something entirely different again. It's harmonic. It's hard to describe. You'd need to hear it.

But 5-pots were something that was specific to Audi/VAG and then some Merc. Obviously there's since also a few Volvos around.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Drive a 5 pot Fiat coupe turbo, you won't look back, I promise.

Edit: Also, I saw NissanDoctor yesterday on my way back from Dundrum (I was lost, lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,946 ✭✭✭✭listermint

This one is nice, http://www.driving.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=201125203008050

media?xwm=y&id=12361020&width=400&height=300

I do have to say though i prefer the looks of the Z4, it just looks more agressive and timeless than the Z3

Oh without doubt the z4 is much nicer but pickings are slim and they are very expensive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,946 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Oh without doubt the z4 is much nicer but pickings are slim and they are very expensive

8-14? thats not expensive i would have thought for something that has an M3 engine in a 2 seater. :D joy

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement